It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Shadow of Overlook *WoD inspired Role Playing Game*
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Intro (NOT BACKSTORY)
Spoiler:
So, I host a lot of RPG's in real life. So I thought I might as well try and host one on the forums here as it's a really nice community.

Rules
Spoiler:
Your character starts off as a mortal. The only specifics of your character that are played in is going to be gender. So what you look like (unless you look like a horrid person) wont affect the NPC's.

Rounds: You can post once per round. The rounds will last around 3-6 hours each, i'll post the time when the round will end. Remember it's an RPG, so you control your character and none other than yourself. Therefore you can't control another character, even if the other character consents to you controlling him. He/she will have to post

'I follow _____'

When the round is over I'll put in a post include an '@ your name' with a spoiler explaining what happened. From there you can decide what your going to do next round.

Joining: You can join in at any time, however you'll miss out on most of the thrilling story I will be unveiling. Just be sure to read over what happened, and that you start as a normal mortal.

Killing off Characters: I don't like to do this, but this will only really happen if you do stupid things, or just argue with me constantly.

General Rules:
You can't spawn items
You can't spawn NPC's
You can't change the story (unless it's through legit actions)
Have fun
Dont be stupid!

Character Creation
Spoiler:
On your first post fill out this chart so I can keep track of you! As well type in a back story of your character and how you came to the town of Overlook. You can be a citizen of Overlook!

Body Structure: (tall and lanky/ short and stocky...)
Pros: (Energetic, happy, outgoing) *Please limit to two or three, this is for your own reference!!!
Cons: (Introverted, depressed...) *Please limit to two or three, this is for your own reference!!!

Merits:
You can choose one merit out of the following:

Mental Merits:
Encyclopaedic Knowledge: PM me, I'll give you details about items (Can be used once per round)
Problem Solver: If you've gathered enough evidence PM me, I'll give you a hint! (Can be used once every three rounds)

Physical Merits:
Brawler: Your a body builder and efficient brawler. You can win almost every fist fight.
Parkour: Your very athletic and can jump higher etc.. than the average person.

Social Merits:
Con Artist: You can talk people into almost anything.
Deception: While talking you can more or less get information out of people stealthy without their knowing.

NOTE: When using social merits you'll have to type what your going to say, the better written it is, the better outcome it'll be.

Back story
Spoiler:
It is the year 1946,

Overlook is a danky old town in Northern Romania. Business is very slow, everyone is lax. However there have been numerous reports of suspicious activity. Anywhere from disappearances, to calls about 'voices'. In any case, all this commotion seemed to have not stirred the feelings in the locals.

The technology there is not up to date. They do have electricity, however it cuts off from time to time. Only a few modern buildings near the center of town, the rest seemed to have been built pre-electricity. Most of the men here work as either farmers, or miners. Due to the superstition around the mountain, mining isn't very sought after.

The town is located near harbour on a lake. The town as well backs onto a large mountainous area, there is said to be ruins from the medieval era up on the mountains. However, no one goes up there. Saying no one has returned from the misty peaks....

Although police activity has spiked, it hasn't gone up that far. Even the police officers have the mood of not caring.

That is the town of Overlook. Map posted below...

Final Note
Spoiler:
The story might not follow history exactly, but it's my imagination. So I'll let it run where it goes! Have fun!!

Characters UPDATED (Round 3)
Spoiler:
This'll be updated as the game goes and as you discover characters!

Stefan - Mayor -Very eccentric, happy all the time and welcoming. Has yet to lose an election.

Petru - Chief of Police - Very strict, buff and not afraid to put one in their place no matter who it is.

Dragos & Balc -Police Deputies- Laid back, relaxed and best friends. They don't really enjoy there job, but they cant stand physical labour either. Balc is the son of Petru.

Steven - Bartender - Rather withdrawn and depressed, can can switch just like that when he needs to cheer his customers.

Aron - Store manager - Melodramatic, always yearning to get out of that 'hell hole'. Tries to rip people off.

Bogdan - Fishing Village Tavern Owner -Very solemn, and brave. But always makes you feel welcome.

Stefan -Doctor-Snotty, always thinks he's better than everyone. Doesn't like being bothered.

Area Map
Spoiler:

Overlook Town Map
Spoiler:

Fishing Village Map
Spoiler:

Last edited by battle7124 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Shadow of Overlook *WoD inspired Role Playing Game*
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 am 
Corporal
Corporal

You may now create characters. Be creative.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I fear that the RP-population of this forum consists almost exclusively of anime fans. If it's not anime it's not going to work on here I think. Good try though..

It looks interesting

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:20 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Nationality: Hmm.. Ukraine (I believe it borders Romania?)
Body Structure: Not tall not short
Pros: Quiet.. and listens
Cons: Very shy.

Merit-
Deception: While talking you can more or less get information out of people stealthy without their knowing.

*prays other people join. I liek a good RP*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:51 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Round 1 -Humble Beginnings-

I know its just you, but I thought I might as well start it as other people join!

Dawnice
Spoiler:
As WWII ends you feel the freedom from Nazi control. However, the scar never healed for you. You were originally a detective for the local police force. You were very humble in your accomplishments, as your ability to con information out of the suspects was extraordinary. As the Nazi occupation came, you refused to help the Nazi's to find hidden Jews. Luckily instead of being punished, as the town you lived in was very small as well had a small population of Jewish people. The Nazi's didn't have time for your disobedience and simply put you out of a job.

After WWII you couldn't stand living in your home town anymore. You then decide to leave the country. Lost in where to go, you hear of the small town of Overlook. Nicely located near the mountains, in a forest and near a lake.

To you it sounded perfect. You sold your house and only brought on the few personal possessions and clothing with you. As you arrive you head off to the bank, and put a house on a loan.

Updates
You now own House #13
You are still out of a job (hint: your roll as a detective wouldn't be bad)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

First right after the inn. First right after the inn. The teller's words repeated in my mind over and over again. Just as I stepped onto the road, a sign caught my eye. "Police Station", it said. Hmm, maybe I could get a job here. After all, I have to make money somehow to survive, right? Besides, I used to do this job, not like they can find any reason to turn me down. I'll just come back later, check out my house first.

---

One thing I've noticed about this town, the surroundings are amazing - forests, mountains, lakes. So glad I decided to move here.

---

I stopped in front of my house, looking at it. House number thirteen, wonder why I was given this particular house with this number. Nope. I'm not giving in to superstition. I jammed the key into the lock and made my way in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:16 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Round 2 -The Dark Strikes-

Character list updated

Dawnice
Spoiler:
You put your key into the lock at house #13. The door creaks open. It takes sometime for your eyes to adjust to your surroundings. You fumble for a light switch.

*click* The lights illuminates the room from one lamp sitting on a table next to an old couch. You lock the door behind you. The house is a bungalow. The common room consists of a couch, situated below the front window. Next to the couch is a coffee table where your lamp is situated on top of. There's an old black and white TV sitting on the opposite side of the common room. No larger than 8''. There was a note on top of the TV that read,

"Enjoy this present!
-Bank and Staff"

Obviously they are overjoyed with someone with more than the average amount of money coming into town, to live. You were mystified with the TV. This is the first time you owned one. Of course you saw them in fancy homes, where you investigated once or twice. But this year there has been a big boom in the television industry allowing the middle-class to purchase them. You turned it on. It was late at night and all you got was noise. Stations mustn't be broadcasting at the moment. However you stared at the noise on the TV...

*CRACK BOOM!!*. A flash happens and then thunder roared. You look down at your wristwatch, to find you've spent at least an hour sitting in front of the TV. You yawn, it's nearing midnight. You sit up and turn the TV off. You continue looking around. There's a door next to the TV. Leading into a small kitchen. You look through and find a loaf of bread, and some peanut butter and jam. You make yourself a nice sandwich. As you eat you continue looking around. Marking what you might want in your house...

More lights...a table and chair...food...

As you turn back out into the common room, you see the hallway to your left. You head down it. On your first right you find the wash room, you look around. It's a wash room nothing special.

You head back out into the hall and on your left you find your bedroom. A bed has been nicely laid out. You see a lamp, you flip the switch...*pang*. The light immediately burns out. You go back to the common room. You look in the side table, you find a candle and match. You light it. You head back into the bedroom.

Your head hits the pillow as you fall into a deep sleep. Your sleep was troubled, you wake up..sweaty. Your not quite sure what you saw in your dream, but it was disturbing. As if some thing evil was hanging on your soul. You see torches pass by your house. Curious, you head back out. Its the house two doors down. It looked as though the entire town was there.

You push and shove your way through, you heard people say things. One that partiuclary got your attention was 'Old Mr. Jenkins is dead?'..'how, impossible no one here is a murderer.

As you push your way into the opening you saw an old man, crumpled on the floor, he was in a cradle position. You move the hands to find his eyes were removed.

Just then the police, headed by Petru, the chief of police move in. They shove you out of the way.

There was Petru and two deputies. Dragos and Balc. That seemed to be their entire department.

"Alright alright, everyone back up. Back to your little ones, they might be scared..."

The crowd remains, however most of the women head back home in tears or simply horrified.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:15 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

Nationality:Russian
Body Structure: 5`10 muscular
Pros: lucky,tireless
Cons: short temper , selfish
Merits:Brawler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I stepped back away from the front door as the police officers arrived, and made me get out of the way. I was just about to protest, then I remembered that I wasn't part of the police here. I took this time to look around at the surroundings.

The entire area was under an eerie glow, coming from the numerous torches that the people were carrying. The shadows that they cast seemed to make some feel a bit unnerved, inching closer to each other. Some were looking about suspisciously, as if they were afraid that the murderer was hiding around the corner, in the shadows.

Just then, the clouds rolled in and covered the moon. Everyone huddled closer together, firelight flickering uncertainly. A strong gust of wind blew out half of the torches, leaving the rest struggling to survive.

Dragos stepped out of the house, attempting to calm everyone down. "Once we find this murderer, everything will be alright. Don't worry, we got this." The people standing there seemed a bit more reassured. Although still nerve wracked, Dragos's words seemed to have calmed them down a bit. A few people started to trudge home in groups, gathered together to feel safer.

At this time, it was easier to get a clearer view of the area..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:29 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Round 3 -A Rude Awakening-

Alpine, discard what I sent you in PM. I made a background for your character.

Character List Updated!

Dawnice

Spoiler:
As you stumble back. You see Balc come back with the Doctor. The Doctor looks at the corpse. He recoils a bit looking at the twisted corpse.

"I'll have to take this back for further study....I'll do it in the morning...take it to the back room or something at the police station. It's not staying in my house"

Just like that the doctor leaves as soon as he arrives.

Petru comes over and helps you up. As Balc and Dragos pull up a stretcher and take the corpse back to the police station.

"Well, not a great way to start your time here...I'm Petru by the way. Chief of Police at your service! This is the first time in 50 years that we had an incident like this one. Oh it'll be alright we might have to get an investigator from Underlook up here. But all in all, it'll be alright. I'll have my deputies raoming the streets. Don't be afraid if they knock on your door. Just say hi!. In anycase, you best head home. Catch some sleep. Bogdan is opened up his tavern at the lake yesterday. He was on vacation, he has the finest brews around. Even better than those in Underlook..."

He winks then turns and walks back to the police station...

Alpine

Spoiler:
You stumble out of the bar drunk. As usual, it's a Friday night and you were out partying. After another day in the mines. Bogdan quickly comes over and help you up.

"Alright, c'mon my lad, you've had enough tonight. Let me walk ya home.."

He rests you on the wall outside the tavern, and closes up. He helps you up onto carriage pulled by his horse. Bogdan wasn't one for technology. The only technology he has is lights. That's about it. He did a quick flip on the reigns and you and him were off. Bogdan shouted a quick "Goodbye" and was received by two men yelling "Goodbye". They were staying at the lake for the night. You cross the bridge and pass the swamplands.

As you pass through the forest. You couldn't quite tell, but you felt something ominous in those trees, as if you were being watched. You looked at Bogdan and saw his stern and concerned expression. Occasionally looking behind the cart.

As you pulled into town a sigh of relief passed through your body. However it was shortlived, you saw Balc and Dragos carrying the body of Mr. Jenkins. Bogdan stopped the cart to ask what happened.

"Mr. Jenkins was found on the street. On the opposite side of town. His eyes were gouged out. He was dead. I think we're getting an investigator from Underlook. In anycase be on the lookout. You might want to tell the people at the lake to not stay anymore nights there until we catch this phsyco."

Bogdan, nodded in agreement. As he dropped you off at your house. You fumble for the keys and head inside...

Updates
You own house #27

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next