It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The chinese will rule the sporting world
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

aister wrote:
Dawnice wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:
It is? God. They seriously need to turn dog dancing into an olympic sport already.

...there's this guy at our ice rink, who we call the dog dancer... :D

Are you competive in them? In those chinese training programs?

I do compete, idk what Chinese training programs you're talking about though.

Have the government (tried) probe/probing you yet?

No, I have the wrong passport for them to do that.

Have you noticed any particular collection of your cells and/or suspiciously similar looking children?

Nope.

Dan is brainwashed by the gov. Come on Alex, u think the gov will let him say that he's taking Spartan courses everyday?

No! I refuse! Dan shall never be brainwashed. He's like Ledder from Mother 3, a sole man with a sole mission, honest and incorruptible!

And meh, we'll just watch more robots fighting in the future. Android sharks with laz0rbeams. Watch it. Olympics 2312!

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:18 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I dont think we can say for sure that China will rule the sporting world. But they definitely are up there at the top, with great training facilities. So yeah, they will be one of the powerhouses.

Good training, motivation and passion for the sport is what is needed to win.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:57 am 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
Good training, motivation and passion for the sport is what is needed to win.

How can athletes brought up in our western cultures compare to chinese athletes (of the future) who were brought up for the sole purpose of winning one event/sport?

You can't turn something that started out as a regular road car, into an F1 car.

The chinese are producing F1 children. We are producing a line of 4-door saloon children, and then trying to transform them into race cars later on, assuming the owners have the required funds...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:06 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diaze... many times they have no choice. I only know what happens in gymanstics, skating and wushu... but a lot of times the children have no choice but to be sent to a school for training because their family can't possibly afford a regular school or life that most people in the western world would consider "normal". A gymnastics/skating/wushu school would be their best bet for getting anywhere in life.

Also, I know many that would have been great skaters, except that they lacked the money to go on... and can only draw out of competitions. The other side of the world, on average has better living standards, conditions and equipment (for lack of a better word..).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

Dawnice wrote:
Diaze... many times they have no choice.

Um.. yes. That's the point I'm making. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:
Dawnice wrote:
Diaze... many times they have no choice.

Um.. yes. That's the point I'm making. :D

Yes, but NOT that they are forced. If you had to choose between getting somewhere with sports, and living your whole life poorly fed, clothed etc, what would you choose?
Dawnice wrote:
a lot of times the children have no choice but to be sent to a school for training because their family can't possibly afford a regular school or life that most people in the western world would consider "normal". A gymnastics/skating/wushu school would be their best bet for getting anywhere in life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 pm 
Captain
Captain

Dawnice wrote:
Yes, but NOT that they are forced. If you had to choose between getting somewhere with sports, and living your whole life poorly fed, clothed etc, what would you choose?

You're right. I'm not focusing on how these things affect their standard of living. I'm only talking about how this is the way sport is evolving, and it would be near impossible for people who aren't trained in this way from an early age to compete with those who are. In the future, (mostly) only those who have their lives dedicated to their sport/event will have any chance of success internationally. We are reaching the end of the days where you can live an ordinary childhood life, and then decide to start training seriously after puberty.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Have you done sports? If yes, you'd know how most sports always start at an early age. By the time someone is 13/14, it'd be hard to just jump into a new sport and do this and do that. Not saying it's impossible, just much harder.

Also it's not like these types of training doesn't exist anywhere else in the world... I know someone who came from Denmark, he used to go to a gymnastics school.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm 
Captain
Captain

Dawnice wrote:
Have you done sports? If yes, you'd know how most sports always start at an early age. By the time someone is 13/14, it'd be hard to just jump into a new sport and do this and do that. Not saying it's impossible, just much harder.

Yep, that's what I'm getting at really. Back in the day athletes became athletes well after puberty. These days they are at a big disadvantage if they didn't start during/before puberty, but a lot still make it.

Pretty soon the age in which you can start serious training and still have a chance will be dramatically lower due to countries with less human rights firing children into hard core training as soon as they can walk with no regard for their future health. Only medals and titles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:
Back in the day athletes became athletes well after puberty. These days they are at a big disadvantage if they didn't start during/before puberty, but a lot still make it.

I never knew that.
Quote:
Only medals and titles.

Oh looky.. that's where I begin to get annoyed by Chinese media. "Must get gold medal!" "We have a good hold on this medal!" "Oh... very shame, they didn't win the title"

*Dan throws basketball at window* Argh

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next