It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: mac vs PC
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:50 am 
Major
Major

Guys although PC is technically a broad term it has been widely accepted by the main stream computer consumer that when used in this context (Mac vs PC) PC is referring to Windows. However yes it is true the correct way to present this question WOULD be Mac vs Windows the current (incorrect) proposition will suffice as I am sure we all know what he means when saying PC.

I am a windows user because it's much more pricey to get a good gaming computer from Apple than it is from Dell or HP having said that I do enjoy the mac interface and I respect the casual computer users that use it because of the liquid interface. However from a PC game addict like myself, in my prospective a windows computer is the way to go so I can upgrade my system and have much more freedom/customization over it.

PC>MAC

Oh and to the people that did not understand what Diaz was trying to say about the whole fruit analogy I will try to give my spin on it and see what you can take from that.

A PC stands for PERSONAL COMPUTER a MAC is a computer and most definitely can serve as your PERSONAL COMPUTER, therefor a MAC is a PC.

Mac just runs a different OS or OPERATING SYSTEM that was developed by Apple inc.

When you say PC vs MAC I am sure when saying PC you refer to WINDOWS a OPERATING SYSTEM developed by Microsoft.

...That will be all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jake wrote:
Guys although PC is technically a broad term it has been widely accepted by the main stream computer consumer that when used in this context (Mac vs PC) PC is referring to Windows. However yes it is true the correct way to present this question WOULD be Mac vs Windows the current (incorrect) proposition will suffice as I am sure we all know what he means when saying PC.

I am a windows user because it's much more pricey to get a good gaming computer from Apple than it is from Dell or HP having said that I do enjoy the mac interface and I respect the casual computer users that use it because of the liquid interface. However from a PC game addict like myself, in my prospective a windows computer is the way to go so I can upgrade my system and have much more freedom/customization over it.

PC>MAC

Oh and to the people that did not understand what Diaz was trying to say about the whole fruit analogy I will try to give my spin on it and see what you can take from that.

A PC stands for PERSONAL COMPUTER a MAC is a computer and most definitely can serve as your PERSONAL COMPUTER, therefor a MAC is a PC.

Mac just runs a different OS or OPERATING SYSTEM that was developed by Apple inc.

When you say PC vs MAC I am sure when saying PC you refer to WINDOWS a OPERATING SYSTEM developed by Microsoft.

...That will be all.

PCs and Macs are considered hardware - do you call a Mac running windows a PC? No. Do you declassify a PC because it runs Linux? No. Lol.

"freedom" "customization", with all due respect Dell actually literally bolts their motherboards shut to the case, same for CPU's. Or at least they did back when I used it. :lol:

Mac is also a brand name Apple uses for their computers and OS. Macs can run windows.

Also, "an" operating system.

I don't get why people connect PC to Windows so much :S Generally Macs are PC's, every computer for an individual is a PC. I understand why Macs are considered special by some and they feel it's a good way to basically say Mac vs all other brands, but why people connect it to Windows is beyond me.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 am 
Major
Major

Alexanderkitty wrote:
Jake wrote:

PC>MAC

...That will be all.

PCs and Macs are considered hardware - do you call a Mac running windows a PC? No. Do you declassify a PC because it runs Linux? No. Lol.

"freedom" "customization", with all due respect Dell actually literally bolts their motherboards shut to the case, same for CPU's. Or at least they did back when I used it. :lol:

Mac is also a brand name Apple uses for their computers and OS. Macs can run windows.

I don't get why people connect PC to Windows so much :S Generally Macs are PC's, every computer for an individual is a PC. I understand why Macs are considered special by some and they feel it's a good way to basically say Mac vs all other brands, but why people connect it to Windows is beyond me.

Agreed, and I know they used too, never had to crack my new desktop open. :P

But in the commercials Apple had up a few years back it had a Apple guy and a nerd as the 'PC' guy, that's where most of the misunderstanding came from :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jake wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:
Jake wrote:

PC>MAC

...That will be all.

Agreed, and I know they used too, never had to crack my new desktop open. :P

But in the commercials Apple had up a few years back it had a Apple guy and a nerd as the 'PC' guy, that's where most of the misunderstanding came from :P

It's ironic considering most of the nerds don't use Windows. Mac OS X and Linux are a lot more stable, perform a lot better and most real nerds favor that over Windows every day. :lol:

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

For me, MAC OS X beats everything else by far and Apple hardware also beats everything else. But Samsung laptops do come in as a cheaper replacement for the hardware...But still, Mac FTW

Windows can go (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) a duck XD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:55 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Apple hardware also beats everything else. But Samsung laptops do come in as a cheaper replacement for the hardware

Do you have any idea what's inside your computer?...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Diazepam wrote:
Quote:
Apple hardware also beats everything else. But Samsung laptops do come in as a cheaper replacement for the hardware

a city...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:17 am 
Major
Major

Alexander, I would switch to Linux but to be honest, I just don't care all that much, I tried it but I just didn't like as much as windows (which is a legitimate reason to prefer a OS, the interface has a lot to do with it) I think Apple is the casual extreme and Linux is the nerd extreme while Windows is in the middle :P

I am fine with that.

xD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I don't like mac because:

Some things are compatiable with windows but not mac
I don't like the command key.
I'm not used to the mac interface.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Diazepam wrote:
Quote:

I've read the specs. Seems reasonable. Like I said in many of my previous threads, it can do whatever I need it to do without any lag whatsoever. And my mac is already 3 years old. meanwhile, my sis HP Win7 laptop is 2 years old and lags for 20 mins when playing a simple youtube video.

Plus, I like the mac trackpad and keyboard design along with everything else. Apple products has really good aesthetic appeal.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4