It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Shadow of Overlook *ROLE PLAYING GAME*
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Intro (NOT BACKSTORY)
Spoiler:
So, I host a lot of RPG's in real life. So I thought I might as well try and host one on the forums here as it's a really nice community.

Rules
Spoiler:
Your character starts off as a mortal. The only specifics of your character that are played in is going to be gender. So what you look like (unless you look like a horrid person) wont affect the NPC's.

Rounds: You can post once per round. The rounds will last around 3-6 hours each, i'll post the time when the round will end. Remember it's an RPG, so you control your character and none other than yourself. Therefore you can't control another character, even if the other character consents to you controlling him. He/she will have to post

'I follow _____'

When the round is over I'll put in a post include an '@ your name' with a spoiler explaining what happened. From there you can decide what your going to do next round.

Joining: You can join in at any time, however you'll miss out on most of the thrilling story I will be unveiling. Just be sure to read over what happened, and that you start as a normal mortal.

Killing off Characters: I don't like to do this, but this will only really happen if you do stupid things, or just argue with me constantly.

General Rules:
You can't spawn items
You can't spawn NPC's
You can't change the story (unless it's through legit actions)
Have fun
Dont be stupid!

Character Creation
Spoiler:
On your first post fill out this chart so I can keep track of you! As well type in a back story of your character and how you came to the town of Overlook. You can be a citizen of Overlook!

Body Structure: (tall and lanky/ short and stocky...)
Pros: (Energetic, happy, outgoing) *Please limit to two or three, this is for your own reference!!!
Cons: (Introverted, depressed...) *Please limit to two or three, this is for your own reference!!!

Merits:
You can choose on merit out of the following:

Mental Merits:
Encyclopaedic Knowledge: PM me, I'll give you details about items (Can be used once per round)
Problem Solver: If you've gathered enough evidence PM me, I'll give you a hint! (Can be used once every three rounds)

Physical Merits:
Brawler: Your a body builder and efficient brawler. You can win almost every fist fight.
Parkour: Your very athletic and can jump higher etc.. than the average person.

Social Merits:
Con Artist: You can talk people into almost anything.
Deception: While talking you can more or less get information out of people stealthy without their knowing.

NOTE: When using social merits you'll have to type what your going to say, the better written it is, the better outcome it'll be.

Back story
Spoiler:
It is the year 1946,

Overlook is a danky old town in Northern Romania. Business is very slow, everyone is lax. However there have been numerous reports of suspicious activity. Anywhere from disappearances, to calls about 'voices'. In any case, all this commotion seemed to have not stirred the feelings in the locals.

The technology there is not up to date. They do have electricity, however it cuts off from time to time. Only a few modern buildings near the center of town, the rest seemed to have been built pre-electricity. Most of the men here work as either farmers, or miners. Due to the superstition around the mountain, mining isn't very sought after.

The town is located near harbour on a lake. The town as well backs onto a large mountainous area, there is said to be ruins from the medieval era up on the mountains. However, no one goes up there. Saying no one has returned from the misty peaks....

Although police activity has spiked, it hasn't gone up that far. Even the police officers have the mood of not caring.

That is the town of Overlook. Map posted below...

Final Note
Spoiler:
The story might not follow history exactly, but it's my imagination. So I'll let it run where it goes! Have fun!!

Characters
Spoiler:
This'll be updated as the game goes and as you discover characters!

Stefan - Mayor -Very eccentric, happy all the time and welcoming. Has yet to lose an election.

Petru - Chief of Police - Very strict, buff and not afraid to put one in their place no matter who it is.

Steven - Bartender - Rather withdrawn and depressed, can can switch just like that when he needs to cheer his customers.

Aron - Store manager - Melodramatic, always yearning to get out of that 'hell hole'. Tries to rip people off.

Bogdan - Fishing Village Tavern Owner -Very solemn, and brave. But always makes you feel welcome.

Area Map
Spoiler:

Overlook Town Map
Spoiler:

Fishing Village Map
Spoiler:

Last edited by battle7124 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Shadow of Overlook *ROLE PLAYING GAME*
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal

You can now create characters. Be creative.

Post subject: Re: The Shadow of Overlook *ROLE PLAYING GAME*
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:50 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Please go here if you want to join. Realized I posted it in wrong forum xD

viewtopic.php?f=347&t=19971

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]