It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Salvia vs Marijuana
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 pm 
Major
Major

Wow... I saw this and I am just wondering, how is salvia legal when something wayyyy more mild and less harmful is not? (Marijuana )

Post subject: Re: Salvia vs Marijuana
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Remember the family guy episode about weed when Brian talked about William randolph hearst and his lobbying to get marijuana outlawed?

True story bro.

Also this

Quote:
The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:58 pm 
Major
Major

Wolowitz wrote:
Remember the family guy episode about weed when Brian talked about William randolph hearst and his lobbying to get marijuana outlawed?

True story bro.

Also this

Quote:
The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

-__- Well either as a country we need a zero tolerance or we need to be more lenient because the system in place clearly shows a huge influence from the private sector which just goes to show the corruption our govt has to begin with.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

Two very different things.. You can't really compare them just because you can smoke both of them.

Salvia is something people do for the experience. I've never heard of anyone doing it regularly, and therefore there is little evidence to suggest that it would have any impact on the persons life, or ability to contribute to the community.

Weed on the other hand, in the eyes of many (including people who make the rules) is something people are more likely to use regularly. Which alone causes health problems which salvia is very less likely to do.

Then there is the tobacco industry. Who is going to smoke a cigarette to relax themselves when they can smoke a joint instead?

And of course they general assumption by many that people who smoke weed are slow, forgetful, tired, unenergetic, lazy etc... If people are like that, they are less able to contribute to society.

And mainly the fact that if one political party decides "we want to legalize marijuana", their political opponents will have unlimited ammunition to use against them. It's a vote changer, and the fact is the majority of voters in most countries don't smoke weed...

Personally, I am all for legalisation of marijuana.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 pm 
Major
Major

Diazepam wrote:
Personally, I am all for legalisation of marijuana.

It isn't just like that though, Salvia may pose a serious health threat you don't have to look hard to see how stupid people are on salvia.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 pm 
Captain
Captain

You also don't have to look hard to see how stupid people are without salvia...

You won't injure yourself while on salvia if you aren't stupid enough to do so before you take it. Therefore anyone who injures themselves while on salvia was injured by their own stupidity, not the salvia.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:04 pm 
Major
Major

Diazepam wrote:

You won't injure yourself while on salvia if you aren't stupid enough to do so before you take it. Therefore anyone who injures themselves while on salvia was injured by their own stupidity, not the salvia.

What I am saying is people are more likely to hurt themselves or seriously injure someone else under the influence of Salvia > Marijuana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:33 pm 
Captain
Captain

Jake wrote:
Diazepam wrote:

What I am saying is people are more likely to hurt themselves or seriously injure someone else under the influence of Salvia > Marijuana

And what are you basing this on? Assumption? Evidence?

Laws can't be made on assumptions.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 pm 
Major
Major

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti ... id=8001683

That was the first result when I looked up Salvia related death. I looked up marijuana related death and all that came up was a bunch of yahoo answers asking if it was okay to smoke! xD

By the way, laws are made on assumptions all the time.

Also I recommend watching super high me, he never really does anything stupid while being stoned for a straight month, he never does anything that could injure him or someone else. Watch the video in the OP and then watch the effects on super high me, Salvia is clearly the more mind altering drug.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:43 pm 
Captain
Captain

Like I said before. That was his stupidity that killed him, not the drug...

You should know what you are smoking and what it can do to you. Therefore you should take the appropriate preparations. In this case it would be to stay in a safe place with more than 1 male responsible watcher who he could trust.

He should have knew this. If he didn't, then it's his own fault for smoking something he knows nothing about. Stupidity, before smoking the salvia.

If he did know this and decided not to take such a responsible approach, then that is again, his own stupidity BEFORE he smoked the salvia.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next