It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The BD gen
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:04 am 
Major
Major

shadow51981 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
OC = old client
NC = new client

im a OC player.

what i mean is the mechanics of the game.. the rules etc..

Lots of small things for example, squads would only hold 10 of any chassis like 10 tanks or 10 inf, when these units died you would have to remove them from there squads it was a lot more buggy back then but a lot of people believe it involved much more deep strategical thought.

I am a OC Newb and a NC vet :P

I believe that yes there a ton of NC players that are great but I think the players that came from the OC had much more dedication (some of them) I do not believe however that by saying "I am from the OC" Should give you any special treatment unless you deserve it :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:36 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

shadow51981 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
OC = old client
NC = new client

im a OC player.

Food. When you conquered someone they would give you metal, oil, and most importantly, food. Your units every tick would require a certain amount of food, if you didnt have that amount of food, your army would starve to death slowly.

There was another type of outpost called a barracks, which was a training base that you couldnt train units on. Units parked on a barracks did not use food.

This added a whole new dynamic to the game as it made conquering colonies and maintaining conquers absolutely critical for you to succeed at all. Additionally, during wars, it made finding and making barracks critical, which gave you another thing entirely to consider during war.

Food required you to put a lot more effort in during peace time and added a new dynamic during war time. I assume it was removed to make the game more noob friendly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Or perhaps to just release a restriction? How many times had food prevented world wars? Nowadays we have wars ahoy, and ofc in the OC you'd have wars if the alliances absolutely needed it, but it's not like wars got fundamentally easier: they only got a tad simple... or maybe not. I mean, I havent played OC, but it seems like if you took your enemy's barrack, you pretty much bumped that army out of the war - or force it to take the first target it sees in an attempt to kill as much as it can before it's slow crawl to death. Was it like that?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 pm 
Private
Private

thechessshark13 wrote:
Or perhaps to just release a restriction? How many times had food prevented world wars? Nowadays we have wars ahoy, and ofc in the OC you'd have wars if the alliances absolutely needed it, but it's not like wars got fundamentally easier: they only got a tad simple... or maybe not. I mean, I havent played OC, but it seems like if you took your enemy's barrack, you pretty much bumped that army out of the war - or force it to take the first target it sees in an attempt to kill as much as it can before it's slow crawl to death. Was it like that?

Not at all. Wars in the OC lasted for thousands of ticks, and as for the food, people just always boost their armies back to full strength. Barracks were always the first targets to hit when a war started tho

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Jake wrote:
shadow51981 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
OC = old client
NC = new client

im a OC player.

Lots of small things for example, squads would only hold 10 of any chassis like 10 tanks or 10 inf, when these units died you would have to remove them from there squads it was a lot more buggy back then but a lot of people believe it involved much more deep strategical thought.

I am a OC Newb and a NC vet :P

I believe that yes there a ton of NC players that are great but I think the players that came from the OC had much more dedication (some of them) I do not believe however that by saying "I am from the OC" Should give you any special treatment unless you deserve it :P

removing dead units in the squad sounds like troublesome for me..

Best Rank: #3
Best Alliance Rank: #1
Most Power: 308
Most Crystals: 58

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:56 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

thanks jake and arf.. for those info, at least now i can see the difference, i can say that OC is more complicated than what we're having now.

Best Rank: #3
Best Alliance Rank: #1
Most Power: 308
Most Crystals: 58

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:59 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

thing is now through all the updates boosting gets you more of an advantage than it used to not saying NC OC or the start of NC players are better i started when the NC started and thats what ive always liked the best and well now i just dont no any1 anymore ^_^

WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
there's a lota pretty girlz in da city ;)
skype littleconqueror1 all welcome to add

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2