It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The BD gen
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:02 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

There's been so many talks about this, people must probably puke with their first thought on what this thread is about. But no, this isn't a debate about whether OC is better than NC. What I want to talk about, is how the players that have played OC are usually regarded as better than any NC player. I know I usually do most of the time. But I'd like to think that those OC players, that might have been the best at OC and still really good at NC, aren't better now because they played before. I think that some players right now might be the best to play this game as it is right now. The game changes so much that you probably can't say one person can play BD in all it's different states and still be the best in absolutely all of them.

And with saying this, there's also that most of the people have lost their faith in the players right now. I know that we all want to play with people we have played before and know they're good because of it. But I don't and can't believe that that is the only, or even the most important criteria on how you should pick who you play with. New friendships can be made, it's not like having played for longer than the others prevents you from befriending the new players. Or that it means you will play better than the others, when truth might very well be that that very OC player is more inactive and less focused on the new mechanics than the NC newbie. The bottom line is, a player isn't good for having played so long, it's the skills he/she has gained, how well he/she can use them, and how much he/she dedicates them to BD.

So, thoughts? I think Im right but I could be wrong somewhere ;)

Post subject: Re: The BD gen
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:55 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I agree. Apart from a few players from the old client, like Kevin, Avi etc,, I havent personally seen any others achieve (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..). Its not about "skills", cuz frankly lets face it, BD isnt (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) rocket science. Its all about team work and actually knowing the mechanics and understanding the game. I have seen many new players who are extremely good players.

When it comes to picking teams I usually stick with my team, but yes we can make new friends too. Basically the only thing I look for in picking a new member is maturity and activity or atleast the ability to be available when called. 18 or Over, are mostly the kind of players Id like to play with, barring a few exceptions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 am 
Major
Major

I agree, I am NC player and I am fabulous :D

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:33 am 
Private
Private

mfreak wrote:
I agree. Apart from a few players from the old client, like Kevin, Avi etc,, I havent personally seen any others achieve *CENSORED*. Its not about "skills", cuz frankly lets face it, BD isnt *CENSORED* rocket science. Its all about team work and actually knowing the mechanics and understanding the game. I have seen many new players who are extremely good players.

When it comes to picking teams I usually stick with my team, but yes we can make new friends too. Basically the only thing I look for in picking a new member is maturity and activity or atleast the ability to be available when called. 18 or Over, are mostly the kind of players Id like to play with, barring a few exceptions.

I met Allen because I told Ilona to tell him to join me on M1. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

out of curiosity, im a NC player, so what's the difference of the game between the OC and NC..

Best Rank: #3
Best Alliance Rank: #1
Most Power: 308
Most Crystals: 58

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

OC = old client
NC = new client

im a OC player.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ryan wrote:
OC = old client
NC = new client

im a OC player.

what i mean is the mechanics of the game.. the rules etc..

Best Rank: #3
Best Alliance Rank: #1
Most Power: 308
Most Crystals: 58

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the oc was way back in 2009. BD was way different back then in many ways.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:03 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
I agree. Apart from a few players from the old client, like Kevin, Avi etc,, I havent personally seen any others achieve *CENSORED*. Its not about "skills", cuz frankly lets face it, BD isnt *CENSORED* rocket science. Its all about team work and actually knowing the mechanics and understanding the game. I have seen many new players who are extremely good players.

I actually agree with this. I would so much rather have a decently skilled player that it is dedicated and giving it 100% than a BD great who isn't really trying or doesn't care or doesn't communicate.

Expanding, conquering and building units doesn't require much skill, you only need dedication.

And war tactics are completely different now than they were back then, so I don't see how OC players have an edge in that area. I know that when I came back to the NC I spent my first era mostly just learning, strategies that I commonly used back then are crazy talk now anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:06 am 
Private
Private

I agree with this as well. But it seems moot point. Being an OC vet myself, I know where you're coming from. Think of it as strange, but I would prefer to play with OC players over NC players. It's nothing personal to anyone, at all. It's more of a "re-living" the OC kinda thing. Ofc, if the OC player sucks, than that's a different story. xD

But seeing as how there are barely any of us original BD players left (5+ years), I try to play with as many as I possibly can.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next