It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What is the point of so called "Solo" worlds?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

They never are actually "solo", as the name suggests. I have not seen anyone on E5 in the top 10, top 15 even, without a myriad of subs, "brothers", helpers, whatever. It is an alliance world in disguise. Looking at E5, I see:

Rank 1 guy with 3 of the other top 12 as his subs, as well as at least another half dozen near his colony,

Rank 2 guy has 4-5 subs,

Rank 3 guy is a sub of the rank 1 guy,

Rank 4 guy is a sub of the rank 1 guy,

Rank 5 guy seems to be part of a "brotherhood" of about 14, yes, 14 people! What business does a 14 man alliance (essentially) have on a "solo" world?

And so on and so forth. Now, I am not begrudging these people. It seems to be a necessity these days. But it defeats the point of a solo, does it not? Another example. Back around October-November, I was hovering around ranks 9-15 on M5 at tick ~2200. There was 300 ticks to go. I decided to take out the rank 30 something guy near me that had an army (although it was mostly damage) that could take out mine. So I nuked and killed his army which resulted in ~30 losses for me (inf). Hooray, right?

Wrong. I had disregarded the fact that this guy seemed to be in a "brotherhood" of 5 people. These other 4 people who still had armies subsequently built OPs, the same tick, near me to take me out, as well as frequently spam bombing my things. How can I, a non-booster who did not want a slew of subs, hope to compete with 4 large (admittedly bad build) armies, attacking me one after another? They didn't seem worried about the death of their armies, and they were strangely coordinated and on at the same times, on a solo world. Which led me to believe they may have been account sharing. But that is another story.

Anyway, as is to be expected, I died. But what is the point of solo worlds when the only way you can be competitive is if you A) Donate and B) have at least a few active friends or subs devoted to help you out, and hence, defeating the point of a solo world? I don't know how this can be fixed, and the "problem" is debatable, but I don't think it is fair. I would suggest replace these worlds with small man alliance worlds instead, with similar rewards, since that is what seems to be keeping people playing these worlds.

/rant

Discuss.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What is the point of so called "Solo" worlds?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

Agreed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:37 pm 
News Team
News Team

lol i have to agree i play Solo sometimes and he is right top 20 gusy are always in some sort of brotherhood

IGN : The Amazing Mr OImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:44 pm 
Captain
Captain

well of course, what did you expect? This is BD after all, no matter what your going to encounter massive #s of subs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:46 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

On other worlds, that is acceptable. Most sub empires are an inefficient, uncoordinated mess. On a SOLO WORLD, subs should NOT be a problem. Yet they are. More so than anywhere else.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:07 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

That is the reason I do not play SOLO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Good on ya.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Solo worlds are stupid. BD is a team game. Solo worlds go directly against BDs core values so to speak. Most victories there are staged just for tokens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:35 am 
News Team
News Team

i agree that subs are major factor in Solo E5 mianly but i am a proud member of SRB and happy to say i helped boegrad win and SRB dominate these last few eras...theres a new and better GT :)

IGN : The Amazing Mr OImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:08 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

New and worse GT more like. GT had 50+ people in their "brotherhood". To help 1 guy get the 5k blues. It's just.. I don't see the damn point.

TOOLAD wrote:
but i am a proud member of SRB

That's my point. You're a "member" of an alliance on a SOLO world.

mfreak wrote:
Solo worlds are stupid. BD is a team game. Solo worlds go directly against BDs core values so to speak. Most victories there are staged just for tokens.

I agree somewhat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next