It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: In the end of all things
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 pm 
News Team
News Team

A lot of people have been asking me to comment, or say anything on the forums concerning E1. Perhaps it's because they want to see a flame war. Perhaps they want to see me get banned really bad because they know I used to have a big temper about how people play this game. I guess I picked a good era to leave, because this era is a perfect example of all the things I fought against while playing Battle Dawn for the long career that I have.

I guess that people deserve to know exactly how this entire era started. I'm not going to spread biased crap, and I'm sure that a lot of people will want to say that I am. Alex and I were friends of 4 years now, as to why that friendship no longer exists will be explained thoroughly throughout the course of this post. He played an era on F2 leading an alliance called Blue, in which I was convinced by many other friends to mess around in an alliance called Red. There was also an alliance called Gold, which ended up merging a bunch of people from TLA, including Staffy and Langy. Red died fast, but I continued to watch the era out of interest. This was, as Routhy said, a rather boring era topped off with a rather boring alliance(Blue). As I watched as Gold and ECO fight the majority of the war, I saw Blue mostly gearing up for relic captures and killing off a few alliances here and there. Harsh words fell between both sides, and the egos of Staffy and Alex clashed normally. There are things that Staffy could've gone without saying, and the same for Alex. It was decided by ECO that Gold was the better alliance for the round, and that Blue should hand over their relics to Gold. Alex refused to do so, but later emptied his relics in compliance. Gold and ECO were too mad at this point to care that he did, and systematically tore Blue apart.

Why that all matters is because we need to sit back and evaluate the two biggest egos of the round, Staffy and Alex. When faced with total annihilation, Alex branded Staffy a backstabber, things came up about his past about how he account shared, mud flew. To me, it looked like a man with mental disabilities who was blindfolded and happened to have mud in his hands. I'm not going to gush about Staffy, but after playing with him, I've seen who he is. He may be ill-tempered sometimes and a bit overbearing, but it's not like the guy is a devil. The guy legitimately cares about his record and his honor. This is why I recruited him. I didn't recruit him as an F-bomb to Alex, but because I respected the struggle he was going through. Here he was, a man with honor who had been branded dishonorable by someone who overreacted about the situation. From my point of view, what Staffy did to Alex was not a backstab. A low blow, but the terms were clear and I saw both sides because I had friends on both sides. I saw the debates happening because I was IN the chats that they happened in. What Staffy did was a low blow, but nothing that justified a campaign against him personally.

I recruited Staffy to show him how I lead, and how I work. I wanted to show him how to pull himself back and play calmer. What better way to teach a man, than work alongside him for months? That's my logic behind recruiting this man.

Unfortunately, my record has been attacked. Mostly through an era that I joined out of impulse and ended with a bit of disrespect from some of the people I played with. The alliance F and TLG on E3. The one where I notably sent fake logs to 9gag in order to scare them off of a relic. This is the one that Alex likes to bring up against me as a case for why I'm a terrible person and a bad leader. It's a dirty play, but the fake logs sent to 9gag never implied any hostility towards TLG. Many, if not all, of my alliance of that era have seen the logs and can tell you that they were not fully serious and that none of it would directly involve TLG. Karl (leader of TLG) betrayed the terms of our pact and killed us, with the blame that the logs offended them. Of course, they would never show exactly what 9gag had told them. I have suspicions that 9gag didn't show them the logs that I gave them, but altered them further. I cannot prove this because Karl will not divulge exactly what 9gag showed them. I wish I had those readily available to show you, but I am not on the computer that holds them.

In my opinion, there are dirtier things I've done in Battle Dawn than the scenario described above. I believe the dirtiest thing I did was recruit a member from the main alliance of a sub empire, told him to ask the leader of the sub empire to if he could go down to a sub, then instead of joining the sub, he joined the alliance I was participating in. I would think that era would serve as more of a talking point about my record, as it was done on a round I took a bit more seriously. This being said, I have no problem talking about my record over the past 5 years or more that I've played Battle Dawn. The thing I've been commended about most in Battle Dawn is my honesty during a serious era. I tell alliances how it is, and declare war earlier than I actually plan to start the war. This game while it is a deceptive game of diplomacy and strategy has had moral structure. It's been frowned upon to manipulate people in a way that is only beneficial to you. It's been frowned upon to use subs. It's been frowned upon to backstab, cheat, lie to people. It's been frowned upon to throw mud at people. That has been what I've been against in my career of Battle Dawn. The mentality of "winning at whatever the cost." This is a game people. It shows a lot about people's character, pride, and dignity. I would think that the last three aforementioned things would mean more than winning the game.

I create this alliance, RU. At first I wanted to recruit KeNt and Jan, who refused out of the fact that they didn't have the time and didn't want to waste my time if they couldn't give me the activity I needed. Instead, they insisted on creating an alliance next to me called ExSo and being as much help as they wanted. I welcomed the help but I refused to call them a sub or have them absorb my diplomatic agreements. In fact, the only reason why I didn't care that they were joining is because they were inactive. They didn't plan on actively helping me or even listening to whatever suggestions I gave. I even told them on many occasions to stop eating butter and go kill this hostile alliance in Africa sitting 6 ticks away from them the entire time! I bring this up mostly because Alex has used ExSo as a means of justifying what he has done.

When I place one of my pods in Europe, there is a new alliance starting by the name of CEF, they were decently active and obviously donated and I could not beat them 3v10. Instead, I figured I could sign an MDP with them and teach them how to play properly. This is what I do from time to time.. I see active people who are playing incorrectly, and I teach them how to play correctly to see who could potentially be a new great player. They even asked me if they could become my sub, I said no. Later they told me they were worried about NYR attacking them and that they were a bit too scared to go into diplomatic talks with Alex. I told Alex straight up that I wished for him to sign a pact similar with CEF that I had signed with him. In doing so, Alex assumed that I had effectively subbed CEF. Perhaps the pact was like a sub, but it wasn't the sub that was protecting ME, it was ME who was protecting THEM so that I could find a way to teach them how to play this game. Obviously, they weren't ready for a war and now probably half that alliance won't play BD again, because they understand what happened. I didn't even tell them what had gone on between Alex and I, it seems that dishonorable actions are a universal language.

Which finally brings as to why this specific war happened. When Alex listed the reasons why he played the way he did he said it was because:

1. I had lied to him about many topics.
2. I had denied him a fair 1v1 war by "subbing ExSo and CEF"
3. I planted spies within his subs.
4. I planted people around his territory with the sole purpose to suicide units into him.

My retorts were quite simple:

1. I changed my skype password to lolalex1 and told him to go through my logs and see that I was telling the truth. My password has changed back since then obviously.

2. I never subbed ExSo and CEF as seen above, and I doubt they would be a problem considering at the time he told me this, he had these subs: NYRq NYRl NYRs NYRz NYRe NYR1 and MONG.

3. I asked him what people he was talking about. He divulged no names and continued to tell me I had. I considered it, but realized that I didn't want to treat Alex that way at all.

4. To my knowledge, there is only one player I've ever placed, a player by the name of Mrob, or Mary Robinson. I placed her after this talk I had with Alex. He could only point out one player, ceja1, who I didn't send. Neither is he in a logical place to be if I were to have sent him.

What shocked me is that no matter what I said, or did, Alex was convinced that my character was of that of a liar, scumbag, backstabber. This is why we are no longer friends. Another interesting point is that he blocked me after my retorts.

I guess I can't really blame TT for what they did. They were faced with annihilation by my alliance, but at least we were going to host a fair fight. I was going to alert them 5-10 ticks before, and our closest gate probably would've remained jammed. That didn't happen, as they changed themselves to NYRt in order to guarantee that NYR would join as soon as I launched. Interesting that this happened right when our pact with TT ended and our squads were up. I guess coincidences do happen. Or am I left to assume that NYR never intended to keep a pact to tick 599, and would do whatever it took to fight us before tick 599.

In the end of all things, call me what you will, fight me how you please, but do not insult my honor or character. Those are the 2 things that matter most to me and I have upheld. So good luck NYR, I guess you need all the help you can get to feel safe. What I have seen occur is the epitome of the disgusting behavior of Battle Dawn, and the true character of some of the people involved in NYR. Please, if you haven't been directly involved in what I have said today, realize my attack is not towards you. I do want to remind you that honor and character will stick towards you no matter what happens, and part of that has to do with the crowd you associate with. Be careful with how this plays out.

In the end of all things, I am the man who calls it as he sees it, and has upheld my honor and character throughout this whole ordeal, throughout this whole BD career, and throughout my entire life.

Post subject: Re: In the end of all things
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:47 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

tl;dr

Cbop, SHRK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

the road to success is always under construction

skype thoth.moon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:12 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
That has been what I've been against in my career of Battle Dawn. The mentality of "winning at whatever the cost."

I personally think that this doesnt work. Whenever I play the game, I recruit a team that I can trust with my life. I make a deal with someone but the deal stays only as long as the situation favors me. After that there are 3 options:

1. The other team gives me what I want
2. They attack me
3. I attack them

I will do whatever is necessary to win. I dont worry about people calling me dishonorable or a liar or a cheater or whatever. Its after all a war game. And I am not here to gain fake brownie points from people or be hailed as a great man. I am here to win. Thats my mantra.

HOWEVER there is one line that I will never cross. I have made some great friends on the game some of whom I have had the privilege to meet in RL and come what may, I always keep in mind that some things go beyond a round. Now I am no angel. I have gotten wound up and yelled at my friends, but I have always gone back and apologized and sorted things out.

The other thing is about subs. I personally dont think there is any difference between subs or allies. And I dont think subs are bad for the game or that someone shouldnt have subs. Its part of the game. So its alright. People make a big deal about subs, but even though I dont like it, I dont worry about it so much.

So all this BS over lying on BD, backstabbing, honor, subs, spies etc is just boring and childish to fight over imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i agree, i would rather trust my team than rely on the naps of others

friends are what you win with, others are just there to stab you in the back

skype thoth.moon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:38 pm 
News Team
News Team

gunsgunsguns wrote:
i agree, i would rather trust my team than rely on the naps of others

friends are what you win with, others are just there to stab you in the back

Funny when your friend of 4 years is leading an alliance and then has some unhealthy obsession with a member of your's.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

await waht alliance are we talking about? and then maybe i can shed some light if it is mine

skype thoth.moon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:07 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Having Friend for 4 years, pretty sure i knew him/her so much and that wouldn't last that if he/she is really a backstabber :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

glenn11021991 wrote:
Having Friend for 4 years, pretty sure i knew him/her so much and that wouldn't last that if he/she is really a backstabber :P

Some people surprise you.

gunsgunsguns wrote:
await waht alliance are we talking about? and then maybe i can shed some light if it is mine

He's talking about NYR and Alex.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hi Lolowut
You are a nice person. Keep it up :)
Your kindness has payed off accidental or not you got some top players fighting on ur side.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next