It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Is god real 2.o
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Why do you want to discuss God on a game. :| Nobody is going to change. Us Christains will stay Christains and the atheists will stay atheist.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:22 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

to the people who said god doesn't exist is a fact, you telling me where you got the proof. because I think most people would agree that what I said does make some sense, and using theory that you use to said he doesn't exist to help show that he does. Please look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOW5A7t5-Zo[/url][/url]

this show is where I got most of info in my post.
please note that it a long one. I recommend you get some popcorn. It had been awhile since I watch it and there are things I got wrong.
I will be looking for calculation that show that if you were at the center of uniersal at creation to today. It has only been 7 days.I will also be looking for other creations stories. I think there are alot of them similar to bible creation story. I try to stay away from the bible as much as possible from now on. Using only to compare against other religions.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:55 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

What does that have to do with God? I mean I didn't see the video, but there is nothing scientific about what you said earlier.

Secondly those who say God Exists, are the ones that have to give proof. You dont need to give proof for saying that something you dont see, dont have, and dont feel doesn't exist. However if you do say something exists despite that, then you gotta prove its existence. The onus is on the believers.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:07 am 
Captain
Captain

Ya sorry wolf but i agree, this topic has been brought up too many times... I think the last time it was brought up the topic went for what? 35+ pages?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Looking back over the first page, please try to keep this a calm debate guys, try to give constructive criticism instead of blatantly putting others down. I'll be monitoring this thread.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:24 am 
Captain
Captain

Ferr3t wrote:
Looking back over the first page, please try to keep this a calm debate guys, try to give constructive criticism instead of blatantly putting others down. I'll be monitoring this thread.

Well considering its a religion thread, someone always has to monitor it XD

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 am 
Captain
Captain

Unlike the others, i ALWAYS bite :)

Wolfshield wrote:
Since the old debate is getting kind of long, I decide to start a new one.
Okay, I am what you might called a scientific Christian. that mean I will use science support my arugment

good luck.

let start with the creation story. The 7 days one.

day 1-nonthing to begin with, much as how it would be in the big bang theory. then the creation of light(the big bang?). The first thing that probably would'e been in existence other then mass and it's pull.

Semi correct. A singularity existed before hand, there was something. It contained more than twice the mass of this current universe, almost half of it was anti protons/anti [insert sub atomic particle] which would annihilate the complementary component. proton. to this day, scientists and people informed do not know why protons, elctrons, etc came on top of anti protons and anti electrons. mysteries of life.

day one fits alright, Photons were the first particles out, but by first, i mean the first minute amount of seconds that was the cataclysmic expansion of this universe. too bad that due to the nature of everything else around, it wouldnt be a blinding light if you were there, it would be a hazy mist that was bright but non penetrable by light due to the amount of sub atomic mass diffusing* light.

day 2- the creation of the oceans and the air. These things would be first thing on a planet for life to start, water and atmsoshpere.

boom, failure already. the earth came before the water. water would exist, but mainly is gaseous form as the earth would be too hot for liquid water to remain liquid.

day 3-He then made the land, which scientists say would be made after the watered and land in the form of granite islands. plants were also made on this day, which were the first forms of complex life.

scientists would say earth was formed from accretion of dust and particles into a planetary disc into a proto planet into a planet. All of this was primarily rock. hence our iron core and the fact that although earth is covered in ocean, the vast majority of its body is rocks and elements that are not water. also first complex life was not plants. cyanobacteria or even the archaea variety of bacteria were complex enough to be considered complex life. After that? congregations of unspecialized cells. aka. sponges which are cellular aggregates. then jellies which have specialization. etc. land plants came late to the party in relative geological terms. single cell bacteria were here long long long before that. (~2-3 bil years on trees)

day 4- while it says in the Bible that god made the sun, moon, and stars on this day, I think it is more likely that the planted had finally release enough oxygen so you would be able to see it from earth. Until this point you the atmoshpere wouldn't been to poisionest for anything to get out of the water, and get on land.

Are you high?
1. Plants werent and still arent the primary producers of oxygen. The winners are cyanobacteria which pumped out enough oxygen to kill off a good portion of anaerobic organisms and resulted in the first mass extinction (you can see a band of iron oxide where cyanobacteria first began releasing this poisonous O2 into the atmosphere) this was HUNDREDS of millions of years before land plants.
i dont know where you drew the rest of your conclusions. i suggest school and not a 1.5 hour lecture to build up an understanding of the beauty of nature

day 5- Fish were made on this day, which is the oldest type of animal life on the planet that still exist.There one problem and that is that says that the fow (birds) were made on this day too. Don't really got explantion for that right, other then someone missed up while translating the bible.

I beg to differ, Animals would include phylums such as Porifera (sponges, older), Cnidaria (jellies <3 older), Arthropods (insects, crustaceans, spiders. crustacean-like ancestors for sure are older), several other lesser known phyla of animals. birds came after reptiles. best described as alongside mammals.

day 6- the creations of land animals which would be last thing in science, other then flying animals. And man were last of things to create, which would fit quite with what most scientist would say would be about right.

Man is not the most recent species and plenty of newer species in the sea emerged as land animals adapted and changed. All in all, i give you a 1.4/10 for getting the light part right, the general order (plants before land animals (woopdeedoo), and for spelling. still a fail. better luck next time.

day 7- he rested.

One more thing, remeber watching one time that man calcuate that if you were in exact orgin of all this it had only been 7 days. Please try to counter this, if can you faithess suckers.

This doesnt make sense, first sentence is so garbled its like you suffer from mental deficiencies. I suggest a proper education and schooling

IMO, give up on science until you have an understanding of it. Stick to the bible, i doubt you have read any peer reviewed scientific literature in your life.
I have to ask, what level of schooling do you have? What science classes do you take? Are you interested in Astronomy/biology as a subject for university (you can always take it as breadth irregardless of course). Currently studying up for my ecology exam in 4 days, which isnt really applicable for this, but i also do animal diversity (zoology) which means i have a degree of depth when it comes to phyla and their order of appearance.

here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_evolution
I know its wikipedia, but i think you should start somewhere outside of the bible. No matter how hard you try, you can force the evidence to fit the scripture, instead, i suggest in interprete the scripture to fit the evidence so you at least look and sound rational.

Ferr3t wrote:

This..

Complaining repeatedly is a form of spam, message a mod after a single post expressing your displeasure, there is no need to pat each other on the back for sharing the same view and spam a page with zero discussion

CodeoftheSith wrote:
Ya sorry wolf but i agree, this topic has been brought up too many times... I think the last time it was brought up the topic went for what? 35+ pages?

Sounds like good discussion/on topic ranting

EDIT* several edits for spelling as i quickly proof read.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:05 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I need to ask this: can one be a Christian without believing in the Bible or in anything that any Christian church says? Or would that be caled something else? I would like this to be clarified, so I can write any statement 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:01 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You cannot be a Christian without believing in the core aspects of Christianity, its teachings or its religious books. Because the Bible is the source of Christian religious teaching.

If however you dont believe in the Bible then Id say you are probably.... spiritual? Not religious?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:04 am 
Captain
Captain

thechessshark13 wrote:
I need to ask this: can one be a Christian without believing in the Bible or in anything that any Christian church says? Or would that be caled something else? I would like this to be clarified, so I can write any statement 8-)

A Non religious christian

example would be thomas jefferson, a well renowned anti theist founding father.

many mistakenly call him an atheist but he was a christian, just not in the populist sense. He held the bible in high esteem but removed all the magic from it leaving only the teachings. (no miracle birth, no ressurection, no magic).

but imo, at that point, buddhism is a better choice since it has all the morals without the rigid structure of a modern religion.

@Wolfshield.
Respond? no? okay. someone (mod) close this if the original meaning of this thread has been lost. It started as a challenge. Without a response to the reply to this challenge, the challenge is forfeit and this post no longer has value.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2