It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Will USA remain #1 by the end of the 21st century
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:56 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Funny how the simplest changes are the hardest.

Legalize pot.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/1 ... 31840.html

Don't want to click on the link?

Quote:
Pot Legalization Could Save U.S. $13.7 Billion Per Year, 300 Economists Say

How about putting money into research for clean alternative energy, disease control and prevention, and NASA and the works instead of your (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) war on drugs.

That's all for now, quite frankly I'm feeling lazy right now. I'll edit this later.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:55 am 
Captain
Captain

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Funny how the simplest changes are the hardest.
Legalize pot.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/1 ... 31840.html
Don't want to click on the link?
Quote:
Pot Legalization Could Save U.S. $13.7 Billion Per Year, 300 Economists Say

perhaps make a separate thread since this movement is gaining a lot of traction, momentum and support.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/artcarden/2 ... -drug-war/
this is plenty of news doing its rounds.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:56 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

The U.S. is still considered to be #1 right now? I dunno. Possibly militarily but economically-speaking... we're in the sh*tter along with some of Europe.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

EU is far worse. US is Okay I guess, though yes there are difficulties imo.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:25 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

First things first, you're all forgetting geography.

India-shares borders with pakistan the people replubic of china. they skirmish on said borders.This probably exist for a major war.

people replubic of china- share the world largest border with Russia and they don't really like each other and there had been skirmish there before. And as already mentioned, India. Plus there that Island called taiwan, who officail name is The Replubic of china. Yes for you people who didn't pay attention during history class there are two chinas. Now R.C. wouldn't be threat military speaking against, unless there is a rebellion on the the mainland, then trust me the R.C. will be quick to support the rebels. then the chances are might just see go through yet another war between the nationalist and commists.

Russia-While none of you mention it, Russia regain it's old status sometime in the 21 century. And while it does share that border with P.R.C., It isn't surround by a butch of group that like to see it gone.It is also the only nation on this list that I could attack the united states and force a ground war, because how close it is th alaska. But I can't forsee a reason for why they do something like that, so it fairly unlikely.

Brazil-I don't think shares a borders with anybody that like to see them dead and bury, but I can't see them replacing the US as top dog.

EU- The EU would probably be the main challenger to the United States if you ask me. While does share border with Russia, there no reason for them to fight each, that once again that I know of. Now for those who don't think EU is a nation, there a few facts. 1) with the Euro there is a common currency in the EU 2) It has a Ruling body that dictates passes laws for EU citizens. 3) it has it own military. Of course if the EU collapses there is no threat then.

USA- with continental US surround on two sides be ocean and on the other friendly nations that for the foreseeble future that won't attack us, we are the the most secure nation there is. Our seas are guarded by world largest naie(one my keys aren't working), that is larger the first 13 runner-ups combine and world most air force, I would I like to see someone cross the oceans to attack us.And pray god show mercy on their souls. and thanks to those bases all around the world, we can be knocking on anybody door within 24 hours.

this is all of course is from a military standpoint. But in my opion your not mightest until you beat current champ in a fight.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

We've fought just about everyone at one point or another. We haven't lost a war, ever, unless you count Vietnam, but you can't really count that as a legit loss.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

How is that not a legitimate loss? The U.S pulled out because they couldn't win. North Vietnam annexed South Vietnam. Communist governments took power in Laos and Cambodia, the exact opposite of what the U.S wanted at the time. I count that as a loss.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

dylsupreme1 wrote:
We've fought just about everyone at one point or another. We haven't lost a war, ever, unless you count Vietnam, but you can't really count that as a legit loss.

um... war of 1812 :roll: and that was even on our own soil.
unless your just talking about "recent" wars.

(´・ω・`)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yep. Except for the fact that the US didn't officially declare war.

Sethex wrote:
dylsupreme1 wrote:

um... war of 1812 :roll: and that was even on our own soil.
unless your just talking about "recent" wars.

Battle of New Orleans. Andrew Jackson. I can list what they've won, if you want.

World war 1

World war 2

Revolutionary war

Algerian War

Mexican American war

Civil war - Technically the South seceded and made it's own Country, and the North remained the US. So US victory.

Spanish-American War

Cold War - USSR dissolved

Gulf War

And probably about 100 more.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:25 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

The united Stated Has fought around 77 wars in all. That if you count all the indian wars separately.

Now the War of 1812 of mostly a tactical losse while it was stragetical ictory( that key that mention still doesn't work)

The ietam was just the opposite.
you guys should be able to realize letter to add, I hope :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next