It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obama's approval rating accoridng to gallop
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 pm 
Private
Private

Just to clarify, I didn't post this topic to post about race and etc. I respect the president, he is very intelligent, and charismatic, I just do not like his views or how he has done so far as President. I don't care if he's black, white, or purple(lol?) If he was white, I'd still disagree with his policies. the sad part is race was a huge issue in the election, whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not saying that Obama would've lost without the black vote. Statistically, he still would've won, if not a single black voted. I don't want to see any disrespect for the president on this thread. I hear people saying "I hope Obama screws up, then we'll show 'em!" and I think to myself "really? You hope the president screws up?" I mean, I may disagree with his views, but I pray that he does well.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

racism might be an issue on people minds but they think of of it more as african americans can have the sames jobs as other, they can goto the same schools ect ect not as a man was murdered because he was african american because its like this many people think they're pretty much equal and so racism is pushed farther back in our minds and more immediate things like war, terrorism, the economy fill its place

i cant give you another reason why we should accept those things they will continue to happen as long as someone knows it can be used to benifit them

we need to accept that they will happen but try not be persuaded by them

oh and racial sub profiling has been done for every election since people have been poled on who they voted for
and that last bit about

if you want people to strive for perfection then it would have to be on a major scale
i meant it to be used more for people trying to affect major change not for economics

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 pm 
Private
Private

Why do we call blacks..OR Asians. Or any race ____ Americans? Why are they not simply Americans? I refuse to call some1 whos black an African American. Same for Asians, Mexicans, etc. They are all AMERICANS in my book.

Post subject: Credit to Cracked.com
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:01 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

This is a long one.

Quote:
So today i saw a pretty stupid rally outside my college.

posters said

"Obama is a nazi" they also did that Hitler mustache on him. funny but stupid. Here is another pic i found, couldn't get the mustache :(

It's a brainwashing technique called Source Amnesia. The brain has limited storage, so it stores just the important nugget but usually discards the trivial context, such as when and where you learned about it.

For instance, you know what a leukemia is, but probably don't remember exactly where and when you learned that piece of information.

So just by looking at the picture your brain had a ninja implanted. If someone with a neutral opinion saw the picture and doesn't know much about politics, if someone brought up Obama he'd say,"You mean that Nazi guy? You voted for him?" You might say,"No, not even americans are that dumb." Stop and think of some of the ignorant gullible people you've met, and ask yourself again.

Quote:
As for his status as an American citizen... well, I truly believe that question is a good one to ask. By our Constitution, only a natural born US citizen can be electable for President. All Obama needs to do to prove his legitimacy is to show his birth certificate. That has yet to be done. At this point I believe it is petty, the proof should have been presented while he was running, but now that he has been elected, that "damage" has been done, so I believe people should just get past it until he tries to get reelected.

True it is in the constitution. However giving in to the comments would lower him. This is America. The only spies that have ever rivaled us are the KGB. Trust me. There is no way his Birth information would somehow be swept under the rug. BTW, he did present his birth information.

Quote:
To Sylis, being a politician is only having a title. Once again, this is a dismissal of improvement. Why should we expect for politicians to exist only for themselves? Is that how it is now? For the most part, that seems to be so, but once again, why settle for that?

Professional politicians are so well sewn into our society that the chances of change are slim to none. Politicians wouldn't allow it to happen either. What America truly needs is a revolution. All we have now is appeasement. When we think somethings wrong the powers that be allow the government to give us the least amount of our demands as possible. With that we lose interest and its another 50 years to get more done.

More and more I find myself becoming cynical due to such facts. If I don't expect much from the world I can't be disappointed.

Quote:
Why do we call blacks..OR Asians. Or any race ____ Americans? Why are they not simply Americans? I refuse to call some1 whos black an African American. Same for Asians, Mexicans, etc. They are all AMERICANS in my book.

It's because humans subconsciously see things that separate us. It's not like we do it purposely. The more stress we feel, the more we feel love and attachment to those who look and sound the same as us, and the more we feel hatred to those who don't. It's just an old survival mechanism, since the ancient guys who didn't show that kind of blind loyalty were killed off by the fierce tribes formed by the ones who did.

So today we get that petty dehumanization of everybody outside of our group ("hippies, rednecks, geeks, libs, cons, gays, infidels, towel-heads, honkies, darkies, players, and haters").

Apollo BTW: You demonstrated it already.
Quote:
I refuse to call some1 whos black an African American. Same for Asians, Mexicans, etc. They are all AMERICANS in my book.

Even while saying how were all the same you said THEY'RE all the same to me. Once again driving a rift between us.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

apollo wrote:

we do it avoid tell the difference between people not to be mean but to adoid confusion if you were to replace african american every time we said it with american then it wouldn't make sense and be confusing even if you changed the rest of it for grammatical correctness

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

apollo wrote:

bork9128 wrote:
we do it avoid tell the difference between people not to be mean but to adoid confusion if you were to replace african american every time we said it with american then it wouldn't make sense and be confusing even if you changed the rest of it for grammatical correctness

Why wouldn't it make sense. Why does there HAVE to be a defining racial feature. I think apollo's aims are noble. We need to break down barriers rather than put them up. Why must I be defined as an African American, or someone else be defined as a Caucasian American? Why can't we just be American. In fact lets break down a few more barriers, why can't we all be human. I don't see why the defining factor is necessary. Its not like if you introduce a friend to someone you say,"This is my from apollo, hes a Caucasian."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:58 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

i meant it wouldn't make sense because we are talking about racism so we need some way to tell them apart when we are posting

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:00 pm 
Captain
Captain

the way it is going, might as well scrap the term "American" stick with human :D

there is no need for nationalistic barriers if you want to remove racial barriers.

hmmm, this seems like the fastest way to world peace, unfortunately, people like to polarize, people like to dichotomize but most importantly, people like to categorize. the whole basis in biology of taxonomy is to categorize.

pfft. stupid 'z's i hate US spelling.
someone asked me once what realise was >.>

lol, how do you like them cookies?

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:10 am 
Private
Private

Ducky, did u just rap? lulz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 am 
Captain
Captain

apollo wrote:
Ducky, did u just rap? lulz

shizzle ma nizzle? (i have no idea vvtf that means XD)

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next