It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Avatar
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:43 pm 
Major
Major

I don't have a problem personally but thats just because that content is not new to me and I am not a little kid. However you must take into consideration that there are 12 year olds that browse this forum occasionally. My brother started playing battledawn at age 9 and I would not want him seeing your avatar.

I sometimes minimize my forum tab when im in public and your avatar is visible on my page because you can see that it is sexual as soon as you see it.

For the sake of the children, please take it down.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Oh FFS big deal a 9 year old sees it. If he doesnt know anything and is innocent he probably wont think much of it. Secondly coming across mmmxm's posts/avatar, is not as easy as people would think, unless he posts in literally every damn thread. Thirdly,if the 9 year old sees it and knows what it is, I dont think it really matters one way or the other.

Talk about being too damn conservative. Its just an avatar, people should get over it without crapping their pants about it. As if we dont see any sexually suggestive stuff ever in our lives. Every damn ad on TV is suggestive. Like if you drink Coke you gonna get a hot chick or something like that LOL.Pfft.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:20 am 
Major
Major

mfreak wrote:
Oh FFS big deal a 9 year old sees it. If he doesnt know anything and is innocent he probably wont think much of it. Secondly coming across mmmxm's posts/avatar, is not as easy as people would think, unless he posts in literally every damn thread. Thirdly,if the 9 year old sees it and knows what it is, I dont think it really matters one way or the other.

Talk about being too damn conservative. Its just an avatar, people should get over it without crapping their pants about it. As if we dont see any sexually suggestive stuff ever in our lives. Every damn ad on TV is suggestive. Like if you drink Coke you gonna get a hot chick or something like that LOL.Pfft.

Still its a pg-13 forum and we need to maintain that.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

and also if a admin asks you to take it down, you take it down. and i do agree that avatar is something i wouldn't want my little sis asking about.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:39 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Jake wrote:
mfreak wrote:

Still its a pg-13 forum and we need to maintain that.

you do realize sexual scenes are allowed in PG-13 movies. sexual references are in rated T games. they start teaching about sex in elementary schools now ffs.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Nothing is gonna happen cuz of an Avatar. Heck I didnt even notice it till now. I think this is how you draw attention to it. Ive seen that avatar multiple times and never thought much of it. And you are worried about your little sis asking about it. I dont think anyone would pay any attention to it that much. I dont know who complained though. Maybe some prude. But whatever. People should lighten up a bit.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:53 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

yes but when an admin asks you to take it down after already talking you about it you do what He/She ask of you.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Its not like that. Its your avatar, and you dont need to take it down if there isnt a reason. You gotta talk to the admin and reason it with them. Admin said, so obey immediately is not something I will EVER do. If you knew me on the forums for any amount of time you know that I HATE authority. If I was mmmxm I wont remove it unless I get a really good reason. That Avatar, is not THAT bad to warrant such conservativeness.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:10 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Ryan wrote:
yes but when an admin asks you to take it down after already talking you about it you do what He/She ask of you.

he think is that she has gotten FEW reports about my avatar from ppl that dont like it

but i in the other hands have gotten positive feedback about it ...

so i want to proove that when 10% doesnt like my avatar then it's no reason to ban it

but in this case max 25 ppl within comunity of ~6k

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:14 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Exactly. There will always be people like that, its not like the whole community was offended by it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next