It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ARM ennemies' only hope
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:27 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
I expect a personal apology unless you can come up with more than circumstantial blabber to back up your statements

Circumstantial blabber is what it is. You are not here to judge tactics, but administrate the game. Please do just that. We didnt go outside the mechanics or whatever to get this done. We've had plenty of spam colonies pop up and spam us all over the place, but we took it in stride.

When you have missed out on a lot of dirty actions including blatant outpost farming, farming, multting, sudden colonies popping up and spamming us, you dont have the right to judge our tactics as being dirty when we asked someone to play.

Like Andrei said, as long as someone builds to play, which includes spamming, its a valid tactic. You misinterpreted the ToS yourself.

Quote:
You may not allow 3rd parties to generate Colonies on Your behalf or for Your benefit

Therefore you have to PROVE that the colony built there for OUR benefit, did stuff at OUR BEHEST, and was there ONLY to spam. Unless you can prove this you cannot ban him. Now you know, we asked him to build, but we didnt ask him to only spam. We asked him to join a sub and play the damn game. So he joined, saw the outposts red, spammed them and would have played the game had it not been for the ban.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think its just a big misunderstanding. Some many people cried about it because ARM was not able to run for once. And To say KoH cheated when All we did was chase the cowards that ran for 2 weeks is a low blow. Shaming us because someone wanted to play. I have alot of respect for a lot of people but seriously the bar is gonna start going down.

Now lets all be grown ups here and drop it. RUN/KoH won the era playing fair whilst having ARM farming and such. (Even banned for it). So lets get over it please.

HaHa/HeHe
RuN

Respect Few Fear None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:35 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

agreed . 8-)

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:45 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

@Andrew:

With all do respect, your job is not to preach about clean or dirty tactics. it is not your job, and we are not interested in your opinion. you leave it to the players.

What you need to do is to make sure all goes by the rules. for example, fighting op farming which you failed to do. like fighting multies, which you failed to do.

As for the spamming matter itself, what about colonies that are placed just to catch territory and prevent us from placing our ops and move without being worried of spies? they don't spam, is that ok? there were countless of those this era. i didn't see you posting against it. i even remember one era in the old server in which you actually moved colonies like those few ticks to the side...

what about colonies that were built long ago, but with sole purpose of spamming? is that ok? says who? you? based on what?

If the spamming colony is not a multi, which we can prove easily, then there is nothing against it in the TOS. there is no resources abuse, there is no farming, the man joined late to help. he even built real squads to fight real battles. you didn't like the tactics, so you banned him. well... unless you add a rule to the TOS "tactics that the admin doesnt like are illegal" then you had no reason to ban him.

Last time an admin put his own opinion above the TOS, BD suffered losing a lot of good players (and boosters too). you guys should really stop doing it.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:06 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Dear players,

I do not want Admins to be placed in points where they're required to judge about game tactics. It is wrong. this whole topic is wrong. whats done is done. and I'm looking for ways to prevent future situations like this.
No one is blamed for cheating or whatever. Every side played the best way he could given the current game mechanics. This round was one of the most advanced rounds in the history of BD, and we saw the mechanics here pushed to the limits.

As I see it, Admins should not intervene in emergent behaviors which are possible due to flawed game mechanics, as that forces the admin to take sides. the admin should always remain neutral. It is my job to make sure the game mechanics do not force the admin to take sides.

Therefore, as always, I'll work to amend the game mechanics to make the "dirty tactics" obsolete.
The next update will prevent newly placed colonies from sending attacks for the first 36 ticks.
And we wont see any more cases like these ever again.

Congratulations for both sides for the most amazing round of Battle Dawn I ever saw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Michael, I know this is not the place for it but can I ask can we still attack at tick 1? Cuz u only mention that we can't attack in the first 36 ticks after we put our colonies. Meaning we can't attack at all at tick 1.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:55 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I would hope it would be, at the least, until after tick 500 that new colonies cannot attack for 36 ticks. If not then.. No comment. :|

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:57 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

As I understand, it will have a time delay before it kicks in.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:08 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Michael wrote:
Congratulations for both sides for the most amazing round of Battle Dawn I ever saw.

:D Was glad to be apart of it.

HaHa/HeHe
RuN

Respect Few Fear None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:29 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

forgot to mention. the 36 ticks delay on sending attacks from new colonies will start only from tick 1000

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next