It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: God: real or fake?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:22 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

How did a thread on God get turned into a thread on the Holocaust??

I said Welcome to Detroit City

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
The holocaust started YEARS before WW2. It started with discrimination, and then led to extermination. It wasn't some huge OUTOFNOWHERE thing. It took several years of law making before the killing started. I would rather not be associated with CoD, since as my avatar shows, i am a Halo fan.

Russia and Germany were not allied. They had a Non Aggression pact, witch only lasted until France was dead, and Germany didn't have to fight a 3 front war.

When I said the holocaust started way before WW2, I was just referring to the injustices they suffered,BEFORE the actual holocaust happened. So the holocaust did start after the war, but it wasn't the reason for WW2. The holocaust is just one aspect of WW2 that has been remembered through time.

The holocaust was also not for religious reasons. When you say religious reasons Nazis must have hated Judaism. Because they loved Christianity. That wasnt really the case. Nazis may or may not have loved Christianity, may or may not have hated Judaism, but they definitely hated a Jew. They hated Jewish people....much like people today who come out with conspiracy theories that Jews are controlling the world and its banks blah blah. They were portrayed as a group of people that were responsible for every misfortune Germany suffered. This is why they were killed. Because they were blamed and demonized, not because they followed a religion. They just happened to follow a different religion is all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 am 
Captain
Captain

sabnc wrote:
How did a thread on God get turned into a thread on the Holocaust??

godwin's law my good chum

anyways, i was having posting issues so here is my very late back into the fray.

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
Ad0lf Hitler is censored? really? do the mods seriously think we are nazi sympathizers or something? seriously ridiculous.

It IS a game owned by an Israeli man ;)

it doesnt matter, such a filter is a bit overbearing. its not like we are supporting hitler, just using his name.

@felgrand
war is more often started for resources or power.
the justification is sometimes religious, but wars actually started on the basis of religion is hard to tally.

WWII was the german pride, hurt after many felt they didnt lose WWI, their leaders surrendered when a large portion of the army was still able and willing. couple this with hitler's fanaticism, his drive against jews, the heavy catholic presences (with anti semitic sentiment), the fact hitler managed to bring germany out of the great depression 2nd or someting (i think behind belgium or netherlands or some other country). this early outing from the great depression gave hitler credence (made him fuhrer, thus giving him more power), as well as give germany is pride back. unfortunately, the treaty of versailles, a treaty designed to keep germany in the dust after WWI continued to stomp on german pride so hitler systematically began ignoring more and more of it.

no army? lets make an army. dont take rhineland? lets take rhineland. do this? dont do this. dont do this? do this. the treaty of versailles was harsh, it was written in a time when a lot of people were peed off at germany for the damage they had caused, this meant many politicians from other countries allowed hitler to break the rules, they agreed it was too harsh and simply let hitler's germany continue along the path of destruction without resistance.

WW2 was primarily started so that germany could rise again and be great.
the holocaust was just a sick, effed up side project. primary reason was to annex europe under germany to form the 3rd? reich. (is it 4th or 3rd? i could never remember little numbers)

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
The holocaust started YEARS before WW2. It started with discrimination, and then led to extermination. It wasn't some huge OUTOFNOWHERE thing. It took several years of law making before the killing started. I would rather not be associated with CoD, since as my avatar shows, i am a Halo fan.

Russia and Germany were not allied. They had a Non Aggression pact, witch only lasted until France was dead, and Germany didn't have to fight a 3 front war.

When I said the holocaust started way before WW2, I was just referring to the injustices they suffered,BEFORE the actual holocaust happened. So the holocaust did start after the war, but it wasn't the reason for WW2. The holocaust is just one aspect of WW2 that has been remembered through time.

The holocaust was also not for religious reasons. When you say religious reasons Nazis must have hated Judaism. Because they loved Christianity. That wasnt really the case. Nazis may or may not have loved Christianity, may or may not have hated Judaism, but they definitely hated a Jew. They hated Jewish people....much like people today who come out with conspiracy theories that Jews are controlling the world and its banks blah blah. They were portrayed as a group of people that were responsible for every misfortune Germany suffered. This is why they were killed. Because they were blamed and demonized, not because they followed a religion. They just happened to follow a different religion is all.

The Nazis were one of the largest religious groups at the time. And they didn't just target those of Jewish decent, they targeted any person who shared Hebrew beliefs. The reason no one knows of this is because it would make the church look bad. It was censored so much, most teachers and professors don't even know it.

However anyone who read Hitler"Mien Kampaf" would know how much of a bible thumper he was.

and it doesn't matter whether the people who start wars actually believe in there religious cause, it is still the excuse used to justify it.

If you people look would past the point that they don't have to believe what they are saying, the fact of using religion as an excuse to go to war, is still a cause.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:20 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

aister wrote:
I have a feeling he is ignoring my posts

How many times do you want me to answer your post??? I have replied to all of them.

Current alliances-none

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:20 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Lol. You're basically saying discrimination in itself is genocide. The holocaust isn't 'the mass discrimination of jews', it's 'the mass extermination of jews.'

Very well. Although it could be argued that Russia still counted as an ally of Germany.

Discrimination is not genocide, however in this case, it was the prelude to genocide.

Current alliances-none

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

patric77 wrote:
The holocaust wasn't a reason at ALL for WW2. Not many other countries knew about it, and the ones that did were allied with Germany. Get yo facts, son.

The holocaust was well known about. Jews were leaving Europe telling the whole world about it. It wasn't a cover up, everyone knew Hitler was hunting the Jews, its just no one knew the extent of it.

Current alliances-none

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Quote:
and if u want more examples, how about the three kingdoms war in China...

Quote:
actually I can name of thousands of wars that happened in my country or region that is not becuz of religion...

Vietnam - US war for example
North and South Korea
and thousands of war between Vietnam and China from the ancient time
and thousands of war between smaller counties that formed nowaday-China in the ancient time too

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:41 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

aister wrote:
actually I can name of thousands of wars that happened in my country or region that is not becuz of war...

Vietnam - US war for example
North and South Korea
and thousands of war between Vietnam and China from the ancient time
and thousands of war between smaller counties that formed nowaday-China in the ancient time too

LOL just saw this, but im curious, since they had THOUSANDS of wars, and both china and Vietnam have only been around for about 3000 years, did they have a new war every year? are you sure it just wasn't one long conflict?

Current alliances-none

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

China invaded us back in 207 BC. And we have a war to regain freedom at 40 AD but failed.

225 AD
and lots of wars between 544 – 602 that I'm not going to list them out
938, we have another war and won against China. Hence claiming indepence...
then at 979, China invaded us again but we defended the nation
1075 AD
1128 AD the once-nation of Champa invaded us
The Mongolian, who conquered almost all Asia and Europe invaded us in 1257 AD, 1284 AD, and 1288 AD but we brushed them off.
1407 AD
1418 AD
and the most recent dispute about the Spratly Islands

I don't mention US war, French and Japanese invasion, the civil war and our invasion to former nation of Champa and Cambodia.

All of them, no religion reason is used to wage war as well as excuses to continue the war.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 38  Next