It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: God: real or fake?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:38 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
And you know what? Here's what got me. Why would someone need to praise a God to have everlasting life? Why would a God only be appeased by being worshipped? If he's benevolent, surely he would only care or mainly care about his creation doing good and making the world he also created a better place, not attracting followers.

This is where religion, especially Christianity dehumanizes people. It not only demands, undue respect, but also slavery, phony kindness, no self belief and belief in something that tells you that you are inadequate. Its totally devoid of any compassion or decency.

Quote:
well acc ht i have heard, since it originated in my country

Dont tell me you are from China and Buddhism started there. Buddhism started in India. Buddha was an Indian prince, who went into the woods to seek enlightenment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:40 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

he's Indian mfreak :/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:49 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Oh didnt know that :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

aister wrote:
not really, religion is created to give believers something to rely on and stop them from doing anything wrong, which in most case, is a good thing.

however, religion is used to wage wars, that's a sad thing that I can't deny. Lots of wars use religion as an excuse, killing lots of innocent people in the name of god. Though I don't believe in god or any superpower beings, I do believe that if they do exist, they would be feeling so ashamed that they let it happened...

Name a major war that wasnt started by religion. It has always been used as an excuse to kill and plunder. Its in human nature to do so.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:28 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

aister wrote:
he's Indian mfreak :/

yeah I am...

BUt talking abt wars everything begins with a stupid reason....

THe World War 1 began cuz a certain country prince was killed and they demanded the head of the prince of the state of the murderer... Even though its actually sound fair aristrocatically, its absurd...

The World War 2 began cause the the winners were rough on the axis... giving them enough hatred to start another which was 5 times more the scale...

Most of the civil wars are due to the unfair attitude of the state towards different citizens... but still well of course its better to revolt then suffer and die...

IF you continue that stupid freakish superiority complex of yours, of course you have to expect a riot which kills off your people and just cause of you many innocent people die too...

Talking abt well equality, well it is a notion should be achieved till the term itself doesnt exist.....

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

felgrand08 wrote:
Name a major war that wasnt started by religion.

American civil war.

World wars 1 and 2.

Cold war.

Greco-Persian Wars.

Punic wars.

Just because the crusades and the invasion of the Aztec empire were caused by religion doesn't mean all wars are caused by religion. You didn't have Hitler going up there and praising the lord in German. :roll:

Sir, your argument is invalid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

dylsupreme1 wrote:
felgrand08 wrote:
Name a major war that wasnt started by religion.

American civil war.

World wars 1 and 2.

Cold war.

Greco-Persian Wars.

Punic wars.

Just because the crusades and the invasion of the Aztec empire were caused by religion doesn't mean all wars are caused by religion. You didn't have Hitler going up there and praising the lord in German. :roll:

Sir, your argument is invalid.

World war2-Nazi vs jews. Punic wars-persian God vs Greek gods. Cold war wasnt a war, it was a pissing contest.

I will give you the American civil war however. and yes Hitler did praise teh lord. His whole basis was a religios extermination of the jews.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

felgrand08 wrote:

World war2-Nazi vs jews.

you sure dont know much of history....

so the two bombs on Japan were all cuz of religion... lol the WOrld War 2 started just because of World-War 1 and its aftermath which was too tough for the losing axis....

LOl, just how concieted you can get, some people bring in religion to say it solves all trobules, and you bring them in to blame for everything...

honestly I dont see any difference b/w the two... I dont support both the types...

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

so i haven't posted here in a while but then i saw:
felgrand08 wrote:
and yes Hitler did praise teh lord. His whole basis was a religios extermination of the jews.

*facepalm* Hitler was NOT religious. his ideas were based off evolution and his own twisted mind. his reasons for killing the jews was that they were in the way of the "master race". lrn2history

sorry about the rant...it was unbearable...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:05 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

WW2 did not start because of religion LOL. Also, the holocaust was not because of religion. After WW1, Germany was humiliated. They were subject to all kinds of humiliating treaties and German citizens were poor. Hitler was a white nationalist aka Nazi scumbag, who used the situation to his advantage. He went ahead and proposed Aryan superiority, and because Jews lived in peace and prospered, blamed them for all the suffering of the German people.

The so called holocaust, infact started way before the actual war. Germans used to protest against Jews, boycott buying in stores owned by them etc., Its similar to the liberal conspiracy theory, that Jews are controlling the world, and that Jews are promoting multiculturalism (as if multiculturalism is bad, I strongly support it). White nationalists use the same argument even today. Neo Nazis, no explanation needed.

So Jews were killed for being Jews. For being intelligent. For being good at what they did. For excelling in whatever they undertook. For being more educated. For being rich. etc., But NOT because it was Christianity vs Judaism.

WW2 on the other hand started because Hitler wanted German superiority. So he wanted to conquer all. He was a maniac and a sociopath. The holocaust was just a unique feature of Nazi idealogy. But not the main reason for WW2.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 38  Next