It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: God: real or fake?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:16 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

CBA22 wrote:

Quote:
I have one very old, yet very effective argument against God.

Christians, could God make a rock so big that even he himself couldn't lift it?

And I'll know if you look up the answer.

Err, no. Cause we believe God's Almighty.

You obviously don't understand the question.

It's based on the claim that God's omnipotent. If he's omnipotent, he should be able to make a rock so big that he himself can't lift it. Yet, if he's omnipotent, there shouldn't be anything that he can't lift. Now that you know the problem, explain.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:52 am 
Captain
Captain

dylsupreme1 wrote:
I have one very old, yet very effective argument against God.

Christians, could God make a rock so big that even he himself couldn't lift it?

And I'll know if you look up the answer. :twisted:

Easiest answer i know of is the Flying Spaghetti Monster will create a rock so big that not even his noodly appendages can lift it. and then lift it. no, he couldnt lift it, but then he could using omnipotence.

as for counter-theistic arguments.
asking for evidence for your particular god existing which doesnt support the existence of other 'gods' > problem of suffering > all other weaker arguments.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:06 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

u still haven't answered the bones of dinosaurs and all the other extinct animals... Don't tell me that those are god failures in creating human.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:06 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What the hell are you talking about...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:10 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

sr was about to put @CBA but forgot somehow...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm not saying I'm an atheist...

But scientists have proven that life was created because of the synthesis of certain compounds, plus energy. The energy came from heat from lightning. Not from the right hand of God.

They have also proven that two people couldn't have possibly made all the biodiversity we see in humans today. People actually come from a specific region in Africa, I forget exactly where.

They have ALSO proven that evolution exists. So, a single organism could have created all life on Earth.

Again, they have ALSO proven that Jesus was not, in fact, born on Christmas. It was actually a hoax, possibly to get more followers.

And the bible? It wasn't written by God. Or by Jesus. It was written by some Lunatics that Jesus called his friends, who claim that Jesus has the powers of a mystical shaman.

I, however, do believe in a God. Just not quite the God that the bible describes.

And those are my religious beliefs. That is how you run a debate. You should learn how some time.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
My last post - Dylan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:44 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

well you might have some truth in it...

"A scientist is not one who doesnt believe unless he has/finds proof but rather continues to believe till it becomes a reality..."

So if you want to show you are correct, you will prove it to the world....
Some will believe, some wont... thats their choice...

Whether.. God exists or not... there's no proof that G exists but also there's no proof that G doesnt exist...

You just cant assume someone to be omnipotent and all... proving that omnipotent cant be true so G aint and all that......

ITs a paradox simply... a way to veil mysteries for someone and expect miracles to occur for someother...

What I but find true is... " Utopian World is even impossible in perfect of fantasies.. "

I dont need to argue in favour of it... Its ovious even if you dont wanna believe... I think you will just not believe yourself....

BUt well Science and Myths all together... dont go Hand in Hand... but say.. as we solve mysteries we purge deeper into it, one answer leads to another 100 questions and so... There's no perfect answer..

Altogether as I said, it is nothing but a Paradox......

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:48 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

mfreak wrote:
Diazepam beat me to it. But am gonna replace his eloquence with a troll. :lol:

Quote:
Yep, I did say so, got a problem with that? I said the Christians don't just believe in made-up stuff, not dinosour believers, so I have no idea how you got your argument.

Christians do believe in made up stuff. Infact the whole religion is based on hearsay, and nothing concrete.

Quote:
Spending money doesn't make something real, but it proves that someone really believes it. I don't see people campaigning to get people to believe in dinosaurs.....

You said it yourself, spending money on something doesnt make it real. So spending money on spreading religion, doesnt make it real, especially Christianity :D

Yeah, I did, but it doesn't make it fake either. And that's not the only factor.

dylsupreme1 wrote:

You obviously don't understand the question.

It's based on the claim that God's omnipotent. If he's omnipotent, he should be able to make a rock so big that he himself can't lift it. Yet, if he's omnipotent, there shouldn't be anything that he can't lift. Now that you know the problem, explain.

Sry about that, and my only arguement is this. Let's assume god is omnipotent. Therefor his strength = infinity, there is no way to create a bigger rock. If he is omnipotent he can create a rock with infinte weight, but that is balanced out by his infinite strength.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ok so he can do everything... why doesn't he alter our mind and makes us believe that he does exist? Why doesn't he make everyone believe that he exists right when they were born, but make his believers to spend their hard-earn money in order to do so?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

They have a convenient explanation for that - Free will. Anything God cant do, is Free will. Anything he can do, he wont. Cuz he doesnt exist, but not according to them. According to them, we are simply "not good enough". :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 38  Next