It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nukes and Outposts
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:01 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Alright am pretty confused with a few things.

1. Nukes:

As far as I know, a nuke damages squads when:

a) They are sitting on an outpost and a nuke hits
b) They are leaving an outpost, and are eta 1 from it, when a nuke hits the outpost.

Recently I heard that a nuke hitting an outpost 1 tick before you land, hurts squads. Is this true?

The specific example given was, that 200 squads on a shield got hurt, when a nuke hit the colony that was being conquered. But note, that the squads were on the shield, and the nuke hit the colony. Can someone explain?

Also,

I know now, floating squads dont work. I know that third party squads also fight. Now what if the third party, is a former member that is banned? He cant move his squads, but will he be considered third party, or not - once he is kicked from the ally that is? Cuz am able to use a gate where the banned member, who is now kicked sits. Without issues. So am a bit confused.

Like some concrete answers please.

Post subject: Re: Nukes and Outposts
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:09 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
As far as I know, a nuke damages squads when:

a) They are sitting on an outpost and a nuke hits
b) They are leaving an outpost, and are eta 1 from it, when a nuke hits the outpost.

Correct.
Quote:
The specific example given was, that 200 squads on a shield got hurt, when a nuke hit the colony that was being conquered. But note, that the squads were on the shield, and the nuke hit the colony. Can someone explain?

You sure the squads weren't turned?
Quote:
I know now, floating squads dont work. I know that third party squads also fight. Now what if the third party, is a former member that is banned? He cant move his squads, but will he be considered third party, or not - once he is kicked from the ally that is? Cuz am able to use a gate where the banned member, who is now kicked sits. Without issues. So am a bit confused.

If the third party is a former member which is not in your alliance, they still fight. I'm assuming the gate is still your alliance's that you're using. Anyone sitting on the op will defend together from attackers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:24 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
If the third party is a former member which is not in your alliance, they still fight. I'm assuming the gate is still your alliance's that you're using. Anyone sitting on the op will defend together from attackers.

Yeah but if my squads were moving to the gate, wont they fight the squads sitting there?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:37 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Quote:

Yeah but if my squads were moving to the gate, wont they fight the squads sitting there?

As far as I know you won't fight them. I believe we tested that ourselves on M1 when that annoying guy (can't come up with his name) got kicked. He had his entire army on an OP that was ours, we couldn't kill it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Quote:

They won't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:16 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

as far as I know, floating squads will only defend against incoming hostile squads unless it's their own or their new alliance's squads... while urs is incoming friendly squads, I don't think they will attack each other... unless it's been ninja'd :/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Recently I heard that a nuke hitting an outpost 1 tick before you land, hurts squads. Is this true?

Just confirmed. Not true. If the nuke hits somewhere a tick before you land you don't get hurt. If you turned though, you will get hurt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]