It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Why not mixed Units
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:00 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

ShiningForce wrote:
I've gotta ask, though...

Say that your alliance decides to build up all Tank/Heavy units. Things go really well for the first 500 ticks or so and you rape and pillage everyone around you.

Another alliance finds you as a threat and wants you out of the picture before relics are released. This alliance happens to have all Cavalry units.

This, in my mind anyway, looks like a big problem. I'm thinking if you at least had mixed unit types, you may be able to ward off attacks for a while because your enemy would not know which type of unit to send at you?

On the other hand... I could be completely illogical and out of my mind. ;)
If you built a mixed chassis, 100% of your enemies weapons would be hitting serious damage. As shown below, even a cav versus tank situation is a better option than mixed versus cav.

mixed chassis versus cav =
    conc cav hitting 100%
    beam cav hitting 100%
    explosive cav hitting 100%
    total: 300%

tanks versus cav =
    conc cav hitting 25%
    beam cav hitting 50%
    explosive cav hitting 125%
    total: 250%

I hope that that made any sense at all, as i was in a rush when writing it. if you need clarification just post back, were all happy to help! :)

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 pm 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
This, in my mind anyway, looks like a big problem. I'm thinking if you at least had mixed unit types, you may be able to ward off attacks for a while because your enemy would not know which type of unit to send at you?

This never ever happens. If an alliance wants to take your alliance out, they will send ALL of their units at you. Regardless of chasis type.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:21 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Diazepam wrote:

This never ever happens. If an alliance wants to take your alliance out, they will send ALL of their units at you. Regardless of chasis type.

^^ Well... maybe I'll find this out, soon. No one's attacked us, yet so I honestly have no idea what to expect. :(

@Ferr3t: That makes a lot of sense... although it would seem that in either of those scenarios, the Heavies will be completely wiped out by those Cavalry. I get why the Mixed army would get wiped out, however - Slash, Pierce, and Crush Cavalry units would have an affinity bonus against all opposing unit types.

I simulated a battle using every mixed unit type up against the equivalent of a focused Cavalry force. Needless to say, the Cavalry forces still had 2/3 of their ranged forces left standing after the fracas.

I assume the way one would have to engage in battle with that would be the utilization of allies, missiles, and spy attacks, then? In some kind of combo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:52 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

correct, BD is not only just "who has more units win". The activeness and cooperative of ur members, and strategies like nukes, spies and using people, etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I ran simulations of my own to test my own theories out.
My theory is it's best to use a mixed force of two chasis types then just one or three.Then use the weapons that do the most damage against the chasis type you think that yours will work best against together.example you use Tanks and infantry with mainly concussie(sorry one of my keys don't work) weapons against a person( or Alliance) that uses only infantry units.

anyway the simulations show me was that this was a feasible way of doing things.in almost all of these test my forces came up on top.though I will admit alot them were really close.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2