It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

what are you
for 63%  63%  [ 39 ]
against 27%  27%  [ 17 ]
undecided 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject: Death penalty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

in school im reading the shawshank redemption and my teacher wants us to wright a paper on are we for or against the death penalty, well after doing that i want to see what you have to think or say about it.

im for the death penalty, if you take a life you should also have yours taken form you.

Post subject: Re: Death penalty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:16 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yes. People say have a heart, well I do. I also have something called logic. What some people fail to realize is that the more prisoners, the more money the state has to spend. They should just kill people that have committed violent crimes, most of them are psychopaths that wouldn't give two (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) about what happens to themselves or others. Psychopaths and sociopaths that don't feel emotion shouldn't be felt sorry for. Simple as that.

Quote:
Hare's theory remains controversial, but a high score on his test is at least moderately correlated with both recidivism and violent criminality. Hare estimates 15 to 25 percent of prisoners and 1 percent of the general population are psychopaths.

Now getting off the psychopath train, back to the economic factor. Less prisoners = more money for the state & less taxes paid by the citizens of said state + less violent prisoners alive = better quality of life for average citizens.

In an ideal world, people who knowingly and effectively kill others should just be put down like a dog. Sure, give them a trial. But also put the thought into their head that they're going to die no matter what.

Keep the ones that are in prison for minor things, like drug possession and theft, and enter them into rehabilitation programs and the likes. Doing this along with being more loose with the death penalty would result in less crowded prisons and as previously mentioned, a better quality of life for normal people.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Plus if you keep them in prison they will most likely lead to more problems in there and even more killings of prisoners who aren't even in there for life. Bye bye your chances of changing after getting out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Oh, and don't forget how many gang members are in prison, and how many gangs are prison based.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:58 pm 
Captain
Captain

I am completely against the death sentence but not for any of the reasons above. If you were wrongly accused and sentenced to death then you have had a murder committed against you. Should the prosecutor be sentenced to death?

Also, your countries control your own laws so the death sentence could be given for anything. For example say one country give a death for a death, seems fair. In another country stealing an apple could be considered an offence punishable by death in their culture. Who are we to tell them they are wrong?

However in extreme cases such as Bin Laden then I would make an exception.

Spoiler:
See I do listen to you Tom

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The system is pretty efficient, at least here. There are tests (even a simple lie detector test could prove plenty). So being wrongly accused isn't really an issue when you consider the extensive investigating and judging that they do.

Extreme cases such as Bin Laden? There are serial killers that murder or have murdered hundreds or even thousands of people, the same as Bin Laden. Just because he was a 'mean terrorist'. Surely he hated us and going to war and spending all of our money on him, and then failing to catch him until a decade later was the most amazing thing that has ever happened. It's not like there are people in our own country that have biological weapons or are just plain psychotic. Bin Laden is a total (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) compared to some of the people that have been convicted of murder. And like I've said, yes Bin laden was an evil man and he deserved to be killed, but George Bush deserves it even more. He's the real criminal in the scenario.

^ That's another issue. The point is that there are people 10x worse than people like Bin Laden and Kony and whoever else you want to come up with. It's important to consider what could have been as well as what has already happened.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i am for it theres to many humans on this planet anyway ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:29 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

if youre doing it because we have too many people.......

(´・ω・`)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

o ya poll added

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:33 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

spanish wrote:
i am for it theres to many humans on this planet anyway ;)

That..... wow. Just wow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next