It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steve Jobs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am 
Captain
Captain

Dylanjhkim1 wrote:
But why are you against Steve Jobs? Can't you just admit he is a good guy who revolutionized the technology? :evil:

-TiGeR

tell me, how exactly did he revolutionise technology? i know he revolutionized marketting. but technology? really?

i implore you, tell me how he did that
later years, of course, not the early years where his competition with bill gates and cooperation and working together produced the basis and structure of what we have today. if you are counting that then....

dennis released his work. FOR FREE. to advance technology as we know it. steve jobs made millions instead off the work of others. they both die same year, same month. guess which one didnt get a single article in a newspaper coloumn despite being integral for those news papers to print and work as they do today? (HINT: IT DOESNT INVOLVE APPLES)

-ducky out.

ipad in 2010? 2002 mr jobs. 2002.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:16 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Obviously, desktop case (The rectangular solid object that covers the parts of computher) being gone is Steve Job's idea. If you see Apple computhers, iMac has those computher parts inside the monitor. That is brilliant idea. This become popular. This is where Samsung and LG got the idea of putting those parts in the monitor to make the desktop case gone like Apple. 8-)

So, there are many other things that he contributed to technology! So, this is why I think Steve Jobs is awesome. If you are against Steve Jobs don't complain to me. Keep it in you mind. :lol:

-TiGeR

Worlds I play currently:
-E3

Names:
-TiGeR(E3/era 19)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve Jobs made technology cool.

Due his strifing for perfection and keen eye for the desires of the public, the entire industry changed. He may not be the first, but he's the one who made it into the standard. Time after time.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:08 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah but thats no reason to cry for him. He was just another businessman, a very successful one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:44 am 
Captain
Captain

Alexanderkitty wrote:

Due his strifing for perfection and keen eye for the desires of the public, the entire industry changed. He may not be the first, but he's the one who made it into the standard. Time after time.

no... youll find the far more affordable and popular PCs being what made it standard. no one cheers for the little guys at IBM though. you want to know what made technology cool? THE INTERNET. I REFUSE TO HAVE DISCUSSION TO THE CONTRARY BECAUSE IT IS BLASPHEMY. cheap access to the internet = mail. imo, MSN messenger (its live now), was what really propelled connectivity and laid the framework for things like myspace (RIP? jk. no one likes myspace) and facebook + twitter. do you know what kind of computer you needed to use msn messenger? practically a box with functional wires, aka. cheap, affordable, PC.

Dylanjhkim1 wrote:
Obviously, desktop case (The rectangular solid object that covers the parts of computher) being gone is Steve Job's idea. If you see Apple computhers, iMac has those computher parts inside the monitor. That is brilliant idea. This become popular. This is where Samsung and LG got the idea of putting those parts in the monitor to make the desktop case gone like Apple. 8-)

-TiGeR

i see a couple of them around, but the huge market share is still the screen + everything else seperate. all in all, its less advantageous unless you want to pay more for a weaker system since all high end PCs and Macs require cooling (i mean this relatively, high end could be 256mb graphics and dual core 8 years ago) you get more cooling with a fat case with big fans. since people dont want fat fans on their desk. they are hidden below and instead a wide and thin screen is all thats left. if anything, the desktop case is a design flaw with anything other than those recent innovations of touch screen desktops which fully utilize the screen.

again, if you want to pay more for less, apple ftw.

list 2 impressive upgrades from ipad to ipad 2 or ipad 2 to ipad 3.
with a PC, you open up the case. you find the... lets say graphics card, you unscrew that, you screw in a new one, you put the case back on and boom, up to date. dont need to shell out 1000 dollars. further more, regarding PCs there are more parts choice, more manufacturers (cheaper due to competition). more repairers, more functional programs, more help online (since everyone uses PCs), more everything. the mac was the first personal computer, but then they didnt innovate for a couple years, when the rest of the industry did, they took those ideas, and began one hell of a marketting campaign to keep the mac useful and in the public's eye.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

Alexanderkitty wrote:

Justin bieber made music cool.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Diazepam wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:

Justin bieber made music cool.

troll?

(´・ω・`)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

It's called relative sarcasm.

(I just made that up, but it sounds like a thing)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm 
News Team
News Team

Diazepam wrote:
It's called relative sarcasm.

(I just made that up, but it sounds like a thing)

I'm gonna start using this now. K? K.

Ex-Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm 
Captain
Captain

Good, I hope it catches on. The world needs more great word combinations like that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next