It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Should I join alliance?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:50 am 
Private
Private

Hello everyone, I am very new to the game, and I wanted to ask, is it good for a completelly new player to join an alliance right at the beginning of the game? I am not sure what the situation is with wars between alliances, so I rather not join right in between some war... Is there a way to find out if there are wars around my location?
Also, would powerful players go attack new players, would that be considered as bullying if they have much more land and armies? My account says I am under protection, how long does it actually last?
I started this fantasy map, number 4 I think, newest that started, and when I look around there are not really alot of people around me. But as soon as I am out of protection should I expect an attack?
And what size of an army do I need to be "safe" from a small attack, I am not sure what the army sizes people use on this world now... is there a list of most powerful armies and how many soldiers they currently have?
Thank you for your help.

Post subject: Re: Should I join alliance?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:12 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

first of all I would like to welcome to the game, and if u haven't already, take a look at our wiki site which has every details about how our game works (buildings, outposts, troops, etc.).

Plus u may wanna visit our Adopt-a-Newbie Center and apply for a personal mentor, who will guide you through the game to at least intermediate level.

---

Second, to answer about ur questions, joining an alliance is definitely a must for anyone, regardless new players or pro (unless u're in a solo server). However, you have to make sure that the alliance that u're joining is a good alliance, the members must be active, helpful and friendly.

War between alliances is a must and one of the main purposes of this game. Believe me, if ur alliance is good, going to war is a very good experience for you.

And wars are usually declared on the broadcast, make sure to read all of them to catch up with wat is going on in the era.

And like going to war, attacking and conquering weaker colonies is also a part of the game. It brings you an average of 5 metal (or gold, mineral) and some oil (wood) per tick for each conquer, so everyone in the world will try to get as much conquers as possible while defend themselves from being conquered.

Ur protection will last for 100 ticks, u can see how many protection ticks remain in a small box below ur colony.

And as I stated, people will try to conquer as much as they can, so when ur protection is over, expect an attack soon. There are no way to see exactly how many soldiers they currently have, but u can do a military scan to see the approximate number of units on a specific OP or colony.

However, u can try and guess their unit size with by look at their power count and guess the worker count. More about power, please take a look at the wiki. The power counts are displayed on the player tab on the "Community" window.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:16 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think aister told everything needed...

Welcome to the game, hope you enjoy it...

You asked so amny questions and aister probably answerd them all, so I am just telling you aout the mast ques you posted....

An alliance is an integral part of the game and probably the most important part.. how much exposure you get through your alliance will decide how much exp you will get out.... try to look around your colony... you can click on their falgs (the upper parts) to find their alliance leaders and clicking on alliance leader falgs will lead you to the ranks sheets where you can compare them, you can use the location button to find the leader of the alliance....

Be frank to them and you can always find a descent alliance which will multiply your growth in many ways good luck.....

PS for any doubts dont hesitate to post in forums of msg anyone you see helpful, have a good play

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 am 
Private
Private

Thank you for your help guys, I already applied for addopt a newbie center, and they will write to me soon I am sure. I also wrote to a alliance leader near my castle, so hopefully they will reply too.

I am still not sure about the distances in the game, for the moment I am basically just checking out the people that are close to me, I am not sure about the speeds of armies when they move. Dont know how much time would someone on the other side of the map would need to get to me, so not sure how safe I am at the moment, there are not many people around me.

I wanted to ask, is there a way to permanatly cancel the music when ever I open the map? I have to keep clicking if off when ever I enter the game, and I would like not to have the music there every time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

army speed: if you're on F4 the closrest armies that could attack you would take 3hrs to reach you. armies can go anywhere in a 24 tick radius. so, nothing from the other side of the map will reach you lol, unless they use a gate.

music: i just click on the music icon and turn the music all the way down and it stays off permanently for me :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:29 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

yup, if they are attacking squads, the squads will have a travelling time of 3~24 ticks (2~12 for defending). F4 is a 1 tick/hour world so it's 3~24 hours (2~12 for defending).

however, using a gate network will make the squads "wrap" immediately to an "alliance owned" (green) gate. So u can move from one green gate to another green gate immediately with a cost of some energy. Of course, there are conditions too, more info plz look at wiki :)

and yes, I believe that turn down the volume of the music to 0% will make it "muted" forever... Unless u delete ur cake, I mean, cookies and cache...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 pm 
Private
Private

I have a question...
I am currently still in protection (for over 90 ticks)
And now I saw a report of an army coming to my outpost
So I am wondering how is that possible?

Am I not under protection?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:10 pm 
Major
Major

They cannot attack you're colony but they can take you're ops.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:55 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ur OP is not in protection, only ur colony...

so even if ur colony is still 100 tick in protection, ur OP will still be attacked, ur troops at the OP will still be killed (given that they are stronger than urs).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Welcome to the game and you should definately join Alliance.

-TiGeR

Worlds I play currently:
-E3

Names:
-TiGeR(E3/era 19)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next