It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: WW3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:22 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I dont believe in the Bible or any other religion or the principle of a higher power. I think thats ridiculous.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
The US is not as technologically advanced as most people think. If they were, they wouldnt have taken 10 years to fight Iraq FFS.

:lol: I agree.

The only exclusively American military technological advancement I have heard of in the past few weeks, has been of a new "cover buster" smart bullet they developed, to make battles against insurgents and the like go a lot smoother (Read this in The Economist). It is a bullet that explodes once it travels behind the enemy's cover, using an in-built computer to do so. And even then, they are developing it along side the German arms company, Heckler-Koch, so NATO forces in Afghanistan and Iraq will probably acquire this sooner or later anyway.

iLegion wrote:
If you believe in the Bible, a man will rise too power in the West, that every man and women likes, and he will declare peace with every nation, then out of nowhere poverty will hit the United States, and be forced to a World Wide War (WW3) and every nation will fight amongst one another until the final battle is fought at the field of Armegedon. (My opinion though)

I'm sorry, but this sounds unbelievably far-fetched.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm 
Captain
Captain

Pfft I think WW3 is a far fetched idea in its self.

Taz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
The only exclusively American military technological advancement I have heard of in the past few weeks, has been of a new "cover buster" smart bullet they developed, to make battles against insurgents and the like go a lot smoother (Read this in The Economist). It is a bullet that explodes once it travels behind the enemy's cover, using an in-built computer to do so. And even then, they are developing it along side the German arms company, Heckler-Koch, so NATO forces in Afghanistan and Iraq will probably acquire this sooner or later anyway.

The only downside to it would be that each bullet would probably cost about 250k USD :lol:

Maybe they'd be better off firing normal bullets, more in number :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:16 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The bullets cost 300 dollars each, and the gun itself (with some unnecessary attachments to be sure) costs 35k. Though I'm sure the U.S's bloated military budget can handle it. :lol: Although, to be fair, they're reducing it somewhat.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm 
Captain
Captain

YesNoMaybe wrote:
I'm sorry, but this sounds unbelievably far-fetched.

Not as far fetched as some of the things posted here.

Russia does not hate the USA. This is not the 1960s. China has no reason to declare war on one of the biggest markets in the world, when China itself is a huge exporter. Some of the weapons that can be used nowadays (Hydrogen bomb) would result in mutually assured destruction, so if war was miraculously declared, it would be some form of cold war, not a Call of Duty war. This is real life, not a video game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think what Legion said is more far-fetched than what some other people said. Random poverty, a fantasist western leader that EVERYONE likes and a "field of Armageddon" still sounds less believable than a coalition of China, Australia, Europe, the U.S and South America against Russia for example, or that the U.S can just point their nukes at other countries and not expect any kind of backlash at all. There always seem to be this thing that Russia still hates the U.S and wants revenge or whatever, though this is obviously not the case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:48 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
There always seem to be this thing that Russia still hates the U.S and wants revenge or whatever, though this is obviously not the case.

Such was the effectiveness of cold war propaganda.

And today, we see similar propaganda against Iran.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:15 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

And we can guess what that's leading to. :?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:21 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

because im religious, and it actually SAYS that's what's gonna happen? and events for-told in the bible are happening now? The only realistic way (in your terms) would be a nuclear war, nothing else would cause mass destruction besides nukes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next