It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: A story of inspiration and emotions.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Let me tell you a story young ones. A story that will inspire and touch you only if you listen with your heart and think with an open mind.

"After reading Dyl's post in the suggestion forums, Im going to make a proposal that may save spam or may just kill it. Its a risk. But a risk Im willing to take. After all, the worst that could happen is half the population leave. And half of not much is...not much.

Alrighty then. Time for the suggestion. Simple plan actually. We intergrate spam and spam RP like it was before. Make RP a part of spam. Every post has an essence of RP in it. It will definately make things much more interesting.

Also, I seem to remember something called thread bans. When someone is banned from a thread for doing stuff which the OP(Original poster) dosen't like. I wish for this to be implemented as well.

Now, I know this is hard to actually implement as I do not wish for these to be official rules as it will just ruin the spirit of spam. But I am counting on your honor to uphold the code of spam and keep the flames burning in our hearts even after I leave these forums."

And with that, the old grizzled man known to the kids as "Grandpa" rolled the scroll back up and put it in its casing.

"Remember kids. You are the new generation. You hold the future of spam in your hands."

With these words, he stood up and left the room never to be seen by the children again.

What they dont know is that grandpa still watches them. He keeps them under his watchful eye. The watchful eye of a man. A man by the name of Teller.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

Post subject: Re: A story of inspiration and emotions.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:52 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Teller has spoken. Dawn still remembers the good ol' days with all those RP's.

*mutters to self* *nods head* *walks away contemplating*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

more RP, i'm in

but what happens to theese posts that are active atm?

and it would chain anime away from the post if OP wants it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:00 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Existing post can be converted with a clever RP storyline inserted into it.

And as for anime, if the OP wants you banned from that specific post, I would ask you to be mature and leave that post. Also, the OP as to be mature and not ban people just cos he dosen't like them.

There is usually a good reason and sometimes, verbal warnings are handed out. So thread banning is only a last resort for things like consistant derailing of threads ect ect.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:02 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

u good at rp ?

u should make some thread like that not just throw the idea in to the soup as you did...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Thread bans are 10x better than what I proposed. (Warnings).

Also, if they are to be implemented, make sure anyone who gets them gets a message as well, so they aren't confused.

Most importantly, only give them if someone really doesn't contribute, trolls, swears heavily or puts up inappropriate pics.

I don't see it as a last resort type of thing. A warning is a last resort type of thing. If people don't want to help improve spam yet still post in it, or if they want to troll, do they not deserve to be banned from posting, if not in one or two threads?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:19 am 
Captain
Captain

Again I must point out. Why is this place called spam, when you want it to be roleplay? (I'll be posting more details of my opinion. So please don't quote my first line and answer it as if that's all I said.)

That's all well and good to keep it fun and interesting for your little group of "spammers" who are in the cool club and all like the same thing. But what happens when a new players takes a look at this section of the forums? FIrst thing he notices is everyone is speaking in roleplay. No offense, but most likely that new player isn't really into roleplay posting. Most people aren't.

One problem I see with these forums is one I see in alot of forums. It's the whole cool club mentality. And before you tell me that I'm only saying this because I don't fit in... Why should anyone feel like they don't fit in? I guarentee you that will be the feeling of new people who come here and find out everyone has an unwritten rule about all posts having an essence of roleplay in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Solution - Make the rule a written one. :D

It's better than introducing new spammers to trolling and mindless spamming. The way spam is right now, it should just be called chat and random crap. Because that's what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:26 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Why cant RP and SPAM co-exist?

like atm .. but RP is dead and SPAM is alive more than enought

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:29 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Spam as it is sucks. Really. It is dead. If you want to continue doing that we might as well give up and change the name to 'random'.

I don't even see a possible rebuttal to that, because pictures of fake girls and one sentence things accompanied by 'mah hill' on King of the hill, and the 4,000 other problems, isn't spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next