It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: what would.....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:35 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Russia wouldn't stand a chance against the whole of NATO. To have the most destruction, you need to cause large scale death. So even if you consider the entire Russian population and Europe's population together (843 million), it does not come close to the population of India and China put together. Therefore I still think a war between India and China would be the most destructive. Atleast lots and lots of Indians will die, given the huge population and the huge density.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:39 pm 
Captain
Captain

Note I said "realistic". India and china, two growing economical powers, still with lots of poverty and are developing nations on the rise.. They just aren't going to be at war with eachother.

If you think russia wouldn't stand a chance against NATO, think again. I guarantee the last country you want to wage war against NATO right now is russia.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

China and India are developing nations? News to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 pm 
Captain
Captain

I guess you could say china recently ditched the developing nation status a couple of years ago, when western countries cut the aid it was sending over there.

I would still say they are developing nations though. Masses of poverty. Lack of infrastructure in alot of much needed places etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

China and India are both not called developing countries anymore - In the political sphere. They are called Newly Industrialized Countries. But I would still call them developing. Income inequality, poverty issues need to be solved.

Also, even a NATO vs Russia war is not realistic ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 pm 
Captain
Captain

It's realistic in the way that it is even very unlikely, but still possible within the next 100 years. People saying things like USA vs Europe etc is unrealistic, in my meaning of the term :P . But I don't think russia and NATO are going to go to war in our childrens lifetime. But who knows.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5