It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Op farming vs diplomacy?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm 
Major
Major

Alright, so I was just wondering how everyone feels on op farming, should it be a rule not to do it?

Oooor, should it be like a diplomacy thing, I don't get why you can't ask one alliance to build you gates/radars or something, in an area. Isn't that part of diplomacy as well?

What about in this scenario 1: Player trades reds for ops.
Is that okay?

Scenario 2: alliance asks another alliance to build ops/radars/gates etc to help them out in a war situation... is this okay?

Scenario 3: Sub alliance creates a gate/radar network just so the main alliance can take it. Is that okay?

Im just curious on how people feel on this, heres my opinion Scenario 1 I think is okay, 2 Is okay but 3 is not..

Hbu guys?

Post subject: Re: Op farming vs diplomacy?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 pm 
Private
Private

I believe that there can only be a certain level or "maximum" amount you can do this. If one alliance has all its members continuslly feed another alliance Ops and recources to the point where the other allaince gets almost nothing in return. Further i believe that if we allow this than Op should cost more (1000 metal) and should be worth less when you raze it. This is my take on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:35 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

So the already disadvantaged newbs that don't even know about basic gameplay have to compete with red boosting, experienced players that know how to farm?

And the slightly average non boosting players that are pretty good but can't quite get to rank 1 have to put up with that too?

No. Farming should always be illegal and never encouraged.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:38 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
dylsupreme1 wrote:
So the already disadvantaged newbs that don't even know about basic gameplay have to compete with red boosting, experienced players that know how to farm?

And the slightly average non boosting players that are pretty good but can't quite get to rank 1 have to put up with that too?

No. Farming should always be illegal and never encouraged.

This. I understand what you man jake, but for new players and non-boosters it would be harder, and the boosters would have a large advantage

Retired player, trying to come back again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

number one and number 3 are the same except on number 3 the alliance is the sub and not a random one. meaning u can't say yes to one and no to another.

and EVEN if it was some how allowed to a certain extent, it's impossible to make sure all these rules are kept.

so NO never.

currently retired until school closes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

even if u use it as a diplomacy, but there will be exploited. Currently the farming laws are very strict, but ppl still exploit it like crazy. Imagine if part of it made legal...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 pm 
Major
Major

Jake wrote:
What about in this scenario 1: Player trades reds for ops.
Is that okay? [color=#FF0000]just think of this as everyday like it's no different than buying food at the store with money instead of growing your own food

Scenario 2: alliance asks another alliance to build ops/radars/gates etc to help them out in a war situation... is this okay? if it helps in a war then i dont see why not it's 2 alliances or more working together to put down an enemy the most effeciant way they can

Scenario 3: Sub alliance creates a gate/radar network just so the main alliance can take it. Is that okay? this 1 may be a stretch i will stay nuetral on that for now
[/color]

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if there are anything as a price (res or token) I think it's good. However, the resource should be higher or equal to the total res needed to make that OP, and the OP's upkeep will be "transfered" to the new owner, as well as 12 control tick needed. The resource the "seller" received will be smaller or equal to the amount of resource gained from downgrading and razing those OPs.

For example, I "sell" 3 radars to another alliance, that guy will need to pay at least 3000 metal, oil (don't know the exact price for oil :|), 45 workers as well as the upkeep. I'll receive back 1500 metal and 15 workers. No matter if those OPs are built by me or taken from someone...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]