It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:28 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:26 am
Posts: 116
Location: Dog City
Gender: male
NICE! :lol:

_________________
DEADMAN1000
COUNTRY:PHILIPPINES
Image Image
YEAH!!!
Image
I LOVE DOGS!
----
I AM BACK!!! ;)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm
Posts: 38
Don't like needing lvl 3 metal farm and oil structures. It changes how i start an era and slows me and my alliance down, as none of us are supporters our expansion will take quite a bit longer if we have to build lvl 3 farm and oil as well as metal. :(


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:23 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Robot Island
Gender: male
That was put on battledawn to slow down spamming in worlds since its been used to cheat in eras

_________________
Image
AANC Mentor
Image
made in the hands of darklighter
BD Maintenance
TLG
RFFN


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 am 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1991
etartios wrote:
That was put on battledawn to slow down spamming in worlds since its been used to cheat in eras


So why not make it only for those without achievements, or under 3 achievements? It indeed hurts the non-boosters a lot.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:45 pm
Posts: 38
2950 metal and 1250 oil needed for lvls 1-3 farm, metal and oil.

You get 4850 From skipping the tutorial, which trolls would do.

So 4850 minus 2950 = 1900 minus 500 for barracks = 1400 + 3000 for blues boost as new accounts get 100 blues. That leaves a troll with 4400 gold for armour spam 44 soldiers.

2950 oil from skipping tutorial minus 1250 leaves them with 1700 oil, easily enough to be an annoyance. So it really doesn't do much good preventing trolls and multies just makes them wait an extra hour for lvl 3 farm and oil to be done.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:25 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 pm
Posts: 7
Gender: male
Acey wrote:
2950 metal and 1250 oil needed for lvls 1-3 farm, metal and oil.

You get 4850 From skipping the tutorial, which trolls would do.

So 4850 minus 2950 = 1900 minus 500 for barracks = 1400 + 3000 for blues boost as new accounts get 100 blues. That leaves a troll with 4400 gold for armour spam 44 soldiers.

2950 oil from skipping tutorial minus 1250 leaves them with 1700 oil, easily enough to be an annoyance. So it really doesn't do much good preventing trolls and multies just makes them wait an extra hour for lvl 3 farm and oil to be done.


I can only agree. People with reds will build all the buildings fast, when non boosters go for mass ops and buildings last to go for. Personally I only go for level 3 farm if I need it for level 4, for a TB. And level 3 whenever I want it or get a major amount of wrecks.

_________________
alliances
ND

Names
blizzard


Have fun and play bd like a game not a way of life


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:18 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3362
Gender: male
I am proposing to change the rule about needing level 3 farm, oil well and metal mine. I know it has been implemented to fight multi abuse, but I think there are better ways to do it. Multies usually do not have achievements, and if they do they don't have many. So why not make it so that this level 3 farm/oil well/mine is only needed for those with less than 3 achievements? That way, multies can not attack fast anymore, but it takes away some of the negative effects.

For example, this hurts the regular players a lot, especially the ones that do not boost. People that don't boost usually rely on fast expansion if they want to stand a chance at winning, in this system it is almost impossible to get a decent start. You will have to focus on structures, which renders you useless for the first large period of the game.

This change very much favors those that boost initially, and I don't like that. The only way for a non-booster to go now is to build up initially, and only go for structures. You won't be able to actually PLAY the first ticks if you do it that way. You need at least damage units to be able to go for mines, and expand. However you won't be able to get that, since you have to spend so much on oil and farm.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:34 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1991
Korupt wrote:
I am proposing to change the rule about needing level 3 farm, oil well and metal mine. I know it has been implemented to fight multi abuse, but I think there are better ways to do it. Multies usually do not have achievements, and if they do they don't have many. So why not make it so that this level 3 farm/oil well/mine is only needed for those with less than 3 achievements? That way, multies can not attack fast anymore, but it takes away some of the negative effects.

For example, this hurts the regular players a lot, especially the ones that do not boost. People that don't boost usually rely on fast expansion if they want to stand a chance at winning, in this system it is almost impossible to get a decent start. You will have to focus on structures, which renders you useless for the first large period of the game.

This change very much favors those that boost initially, and I don't like that. The only way for a non-booster to go now is to build up initially, and only go for structures. You won't be able to actually PLAY the first ticks if you do it that way. You need at least damage units to be able to go for mines, and expand. However you won't be able to get that, since you have to spend so much on oil and farm.


Can't agree more. And another positive side effect might be that newbs that otherwise get their units killed now at least have some structures.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 57
Looks good - a couple of points

Did the battle calculator get updated for the damage unit change?

10. When a player refreshes the client after a tick passes. It updates his last online tick as well to show 'online' if he's still connected to the client

- this change does not seem to work

KodaK


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Battle Dawn Update 27th Nov. 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:01 am 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:27 am
Posts: 1
how to downlaod toolbar? :)


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl