It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just got conquered on your first day? Take these steps.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:05 pm 
Captain
Captain

1. Ask the player who conquered you to liberate you. Explain that you are new to the game but are a fast learner, that you are going to be extremely active and that you like the game so far. Try to sound as intelligent as possible. This has 3 possible outcomes. If the outcome is C, proceed to step 2.

Outcome A) You may be liberated because old players like new players who are willing to learn the game. These new players often end up leading sub alliances and/or keeping a semi-friendship with the experienced player in future eras.

Outcome B) The player who conquered you may be quite weak himself, maybe not even in an alliance. He might want someone who will actually talk to him (some players feel lonely) to team up with.

Outcome C) The player says no or does not reply.

2. Build your farm, metal mine and oil well to level 4. Then get yourself the level 4 workshop. This may take some time, but be patient. Once this is achieved, Spend all of your resources each day on building a mix of armour and range units. Infantry is a good choice for this. Keep doing this. It is unlikely that anyone will try to attack you, because you are already conquered. If they do, don't worry about it. You have plenty of time to build/rebuilt that army. Other people will be losing units more often than you. Being conquered allows you to build up in peace.

3. Once your power symbol turns into the 3 bronze arrows with the star on it, it's time for step 3. You now have a moderately powerful army. Ask around the alliance leaders to see if there is a place for you. There will be an alliance somewhere that will want your help. Use the methods in step 1 to show that you are a good player. If you're having a hard time getting into an alliance at this stage. Continue step 3 until you are even more powerful and repeat.

Post subject: Re: Just got conquered on your first day? Take these steps.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:11 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

good one, but don't u think we should do lvl 5 resource buildings?

I've recently received a msg from a newb too but I refuse to liberate him. Simply becuz if I do he'll be an easy target for the other guys around him. So I've decided to keep him there until he has enough troops to not getting attacked.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

aister wrote:
good one, but don't u think we should do lvl 5 resource buildings?

I've recently received a msg from a newb too but I refuse to liberate him. Simply becuz if I do he'll be an easy target for the other guys around him. So I've decided to keep him there until he has enough troops to not getting attacked.

Yes get all level 5 resource expect maaaaybe you can stop at level 4 oil/wood/gas

I also tell the newbs that if I liberate them then they will just be conquered again. I tell them to visit the wiki/forum, how to build, and also that joining a world at tick 600+ is a little late if you want to rule the world. I used to liberate anyone that asked but now I make sure they are strong enough to protect themselves first and also hopefully in an active alliance.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:26 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

yeah if they don't use much oil, a lvl 5 oil well is not much needed...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

You guys are examples of why step 1 if so important. Talking to the player that conquered who can be the smartest thing you do all era.

And the reason I said level 4 resource buildings is because it's easy to get to and won't take toooo long to get to. Yet still gives you a good enough income to build up an army. And like aister said. They won't be using fuel to attack anyone. They could build a level 5 farm first if they wanted. If they figure out ways to increase their income, they'll feel good about it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

IMO, getting conquered on first day is a good thing. You can build resources. Plus you can enjoy fighting with conqueror without worrying about others. You can attack his outposts, mines, wells etc and then go to your conquered colony for safe havens; as he can't attack you there :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]