It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: TOP 5 MISTAKES NEW PLAYERS DO. *MUST READ* (reEdit v.2)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Ok so if your reading this you should have:
1. a general Knowledge of the game
2. get a rank around 600-350 (depending on what world)
3. been in alliance ranked 6th-13th

if you have done these then reading this may improve your game if this seems to easy or too hard this is not the guide for you...

Note: This was back when you weren't rank 600 was not as easy as completing the tutorial.

Now the point of this guide is to make you realize the not so obvious parts of the game that you might not realize at first.

1. Farm is very important. A lot of times new people over look farms as important and focus on Military buildings/units and metal/gold mines. You have to realize that the more workers you have the more metal you'll get with the same level mine and there fore have a huge leap in ranks. Understanding this made me get rank 400ish when i first started playing. boosting workers is very common.

2. Join a GOOD alliance. try to get hooked up with an alliance before the world starts and try to get them rank 16 or better. Now a good Alliance is not all about ranks. It's about the leader's friends, they're activity, how often/well they chat/message each other and how close together they are. For example even if ranks is better alliance that is far apart, have no good friendly relations with top alliance and dose not communicate much will in the end FAIL and will probably get conquered by tick 500. If the alliance does not do the above things, leave. they will get you nowhere.

3. location. when picking a location you want to be very strategic. Now where you choose is affected greatly by how good you are, if you boost, and what alliance you are planning to join.
but considering your probably rank 600-350 I suggest (if you don't have any alliance yet) to go in some lesser occupied area (like Antarctica) and not right next to a alliance as they'll probably conquer you.

Also look out for people next to you with names you recognize, clumps of people, players with pictures on there avatar (not just faces but wolves or dragons or something) and person with gold border out line thing on avatar.
Also look out for high ranked players (unless tick 1).
If you see any of these try to avoid because usually they'll conquer you.

if you already know which alliance your gonna choose try staying as close as you can or (if you get better) try to go a but away so you have more room to conquer people but close enough that you can defend them and they can defend you. also make an op so you can relocate right next to them later.

if you have any say to where the alliance goes than try to pick a place that is surrounded by alot of water, has enough space for your whole alliance, and isnt commonly used by other alliances. The reason why you want to be in an area surrounded by water is that there is less area to defend and less directions you'll be attacked from. Trust me this comes handy later.

for example:
good place-top right corner of green land (cuz of reasons explained above)
bad place- Alaska(used by many alliances.)
bad place - middle of Australia (not surrounded by water) (well, I mean it kinda is, but don't think like a top player yet)
bad place - a small island north of Europe (not enough space)

4. use infantry/soldiers not tanks/heavy/mechs.
in BD units kinda work like this...
(example1>example2 this means example1 has significant advantage over example2)

inf>veh>tank
obviously 1 infantry wont do much against a veh but if you use the right amounts than it will be beneficial. also veh and tank have something good against it but infantry don't.

EDIT: veh is short for vehicle. its also called a cavalry in fantasy

EDIT: since exp is introduced, tanks are much much stronger now, and i recommend you use them instead of infantry. take part in as many battles your alliance is in.(that wont kill your tanks)
also remember tanks are most effective vs infantry.
tanks are not as effective vs vehicles.

5.the build.
use the pro build.
you can find more information about the probuild in the forums.

jk lol.

While the pro build is good, it is expensive. It only really is cost effective if you can out number your opponents. If you aren't planning to build up an army to use through out the whole game, including some damage can make your army more cost effective. For one even battle, damage is more effective, and for many winning battles pro build is. Don't get too caught up in damage, but know that the pro build isn't the only way, if it means the difference between winning and loosing an important battle.

and that is it for version 1 of this guide (mostly cuz im too sleepy to continue)
i tried to give as much advice while doing my best to be as general as possible. Also the unit things are not very specific and they are just outlines. for specific unit combinations go check a different post.

I hope this helped.

EDIT: one thing i forgot to mention in the army thing.
grouping your squads together, and keeping them organized is very important. keep all your inf,veh,tank units separately (but seriously don't have more than 1 chasis, except for the few infantry you might make in the begining), and the 3 weapon types differently. (the defense, damage and range could be divided too, but then don't forget to send a range AND defense)

Had to change the color up top, that's reserved for mods.
-Jake

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

Last edited by minpk on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:08 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: TOP 5 MISTAKES NEW PLAYERS DO. *MUST READ*
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Range should be about double your armor armor

for example: 10:0:20 builds work nicely for inf

Previous:AKA, BoS, CAE, RAWR, SoL, TFF, TRL

Current:WW2-M1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:29 am 
Major
Major

Quote:
4. use infantry/soldiers not tanks/heavy/mechs.
in BD units kinda work like this...
(example1>example2 this means example1 has significant advantage over example2)

inf>veh>tank
obviously 1 infantry wont do much against a veh but if you use the right amounts than it will be beneficial. also veh and tank have something good against it but infantry dont.

5.the 10/10 ratio or 9/10 ratio.
when making infantry try to make them in a 10 shield and 10 range ratio or 9 shield and 10 range ratio becuz these have been commonly used and proven to work. Trust ME.
Also dont use damage and make sure to resupply the shield units that die.
the shield units = the health, the range = the weapon
shields very important in every army.

and that is it for version 1 of this guide (mostly cuz im too sleepy to continue)
i tried to give as much advice while doing my best to be as general as possible. Also the unit things are not verry specific and they are just outlines. for specific unit combinations go check a different post.

I hope this helped.

no just no bad way to make ships and infantry isnt soley the best unit i'd also like to say i've made top 5 4 out of my 6 times using heavies/tanks/mechs tyvm

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:47 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

OMG! LC!!!

im like a big fan of yours.
you might not remember me but i remember you!
your the best!
lol without you i would've quit bd a long time ago...
(wich i almost did but im just coming back)

so whats up?

(i dont remember where i met you, only that i was a fan)

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

Last edited by minpk on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 pm 
Private
Private

Lol, someone has a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

minpk wrote:
OMG! LC!!!

your the best!

so whats up?

(you might know me from KONG i was KiNGofPiKMiN)

Wow. I have unhealthy obsessions over certain people too, but I create underground cults for them like a normal schizophrenic person.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:28 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

lol LC's a superstar. Let us gaze at his skill and prowess.

8-)

Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I do agree with LC, each chassis has its own good and bad. Tank has a big advantages in EXP field, its high HP and small number allow them to get more EXP than infantry and vehicles.

However, for new players, infantry is the best choice, since they hardly know how to handle their squads. Their tanks will probably die before they have enough EXP to have an advantages.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Thanks, very helpful :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm 
Major
Major

minpk wrote:
OMG! LC!!!

your the best!

so whats up?

(you might know me from KONG i was KiNGofPiKMiN)

well i wasnt expecting this at all but ok............
aister wrote:
I do agree with LC, each chassis has its own good and bad. Tank has a big advantages in EXP field, its high HP and small number allow them to get more EXP than infantry and vehicles.

However, for new players, infantry is the best choice, since they hardly know how to handle their squads. Their tanks will probably die before they have enough EXP to have an advantages.

and aister that may be true but people are less willing to attack others that have tanks than people that have inf because of tanks power it kinda scares people off because they know the losses they get wont be worth it and on top of that if they got tanks there is a fairly good chance they got range aswell and they are active because they got to the tank structure

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next