It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:56 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
Krypton wrote:
you cant change my mind.
these new spy rules are very, very bad.

after a short test period, there are spies everywhere, lockdown in each op, non-stop, colonies spied 10 times a day.

impossible to play, it become completely random and alea, no skill anymore, but just spy-parties.
It's ABUSED.

no one can add SP in each op, no one can add enough SP in their colony, but everyone have spies everywhere.

i dont know where you are going, if you find it funny, but really, it's now un-playable, anything.

that game is RUINED, too bad.

as Simmen has said, no update is final. We'll have tweaks, features removed or added regularly to make the game better. The new spy system is... new. That's why it is incomplete. Over time, they will see the flaws in the new spy system and will try to fix that. If it's not fixable, they will change back to the old one.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 16004
Gender: male
We can't please everyone, we have thousands of players with thousand of opinions.

I have played with unlimited spies. It gave the spies a larger role, but not in the bad way. Maybe a to much, but this tweak where you have to plant the spies, and the max limit 10 is to me at least, a good way to improve strategy of the game without overdoing it. But lets see how it impacts the game.

_________________
Image
Code:
http://battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4690
Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:32 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 pm
Posts: 6
Micheal, some of these updates are good but most of them just ruined this game. This game use to be my favorite online game but now it is just ruined. like the new spy update, you guys say that it improves strategy but it doesn't. Before u had to have the whole alliance put there spies on different outposts to make your spies useful, but now 1 guy can do that and it makes it to easy. 1 noob can put spies on a whole alliance. The old spy system was better.

I have been playing this game for 4 years now and this is the only time i have been so annoyed with updates that im quitting the game.

GL to u guys and maybe if u change some of the updates i might play again.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:49 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
Quote:
as Simmen has said, no update is final. We'll have tweaks, features removed or added regularly to make the game better. The new spy system is... new. That's why it is incomplete. Over time, they will see the flaws in the new spy system and will try to fix that. If it's not fixable, they will change back to the old one.

Just like the power limit, they think that it's better to have a decent troops before getting the crystals (along with stop the crystal farming) so the raise the power to 30. But then that led to crystal scarcity. Then wat did they do? They put garrisons with crystals for the big alliances to take. In the future, maybe they will tweak the power to 25, or increase the value of each crystal. Who knows?

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:45 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 2534
Thats the damn point. Only big alliances can get those garrisons. Ever thought about the middle class players? Those in the middle rank alliances. Rank 5 to tank 20. Normally, they can finish the era with about 10 xtals. But now, I think they will finish with 0 xtals.

I would know. I've played 3 years or so in these middle rank alliances. It isnt easy to gain xtals as well as avoid getting attacked by the top alliances. And Im not talking about mid leveled subs here. Im talking about independent alliances. The power limit and xtal update just made the game harder for them. Sure its easier for the vets and the newbs. But the majority of players who are to become boosting vets are currently mid level players. And if this update stays, they will leave.

Another update I am not happy about is the spy update. Overall, it is a good update. But the high cost of spy protection just puts all that consideration for the suggestion into the trash. Bring back self infiltration for lower energy or just lower the cost of spy protection all together. Heck, lower it to 5 per 50 ticks. If there are 10 times more spies, the cost for spy protection should be 10 times less. Its called balancing and since the devs are so uptight about this balancing issue, do something about it.

_________________
Socialite. Has-been.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 16004
Gender: male
Raid3r wrote:
Micheal, some of these updates are good but most of them just ruined this game. This game use to be my favorite online game but now it is just ruined. like the new spy update, you guys say that it improves strategy but it doesn't. Before u had to have the whole alliance put there spies on different outposts to make your spies useful, but now 1 guy can do that and it makes it to easy. 1 noob can put spies on a whole alliance. The old spy system was better.

I have been playing this game for 4 years now and this is the only time i have been so annoyed with updates that im quitting the game.

GL to u guys and maybe if u change some of the updates i might play again.

From what I understood you got spy attacked and lost your army (on F4?). That could have happened with just 1 spy as well. Just that the spy could have done the spy operation + locked you down + hurt another chassie if you had one. Now its 1 attack.

tellerofpointedstones wrote:
Another update I am not happy about is the spy update. Overall, it is a good update. But the high cost of spy protection just puts all that consideration for the suggestion into the trash. Bring back self infiltration for lower energy or just lower the cost of spy protection all together. Heck, lower it to 5 per 50 ticks. If there are 10 times more spies, the cost for spy protection should be 10 times less. Its called balancing and since the devs are so uptight about this balancing issue, do something about it.[/color]

Teller, when we feel that something have to little power and we give it more power, it would make NO sense to then equal it back to the point where it had to little power.

But I might agree on is the option to have your main spy add spy protection. I'll take it up to discussion :)

_________________
Image
Code:
http://battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4690
Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:12 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:33 pm
Posts: 87
I read about the new spy update but maybe I did not read enough...

I only recruit a spy for protection. From the time it is recruited until the end of the era I keep it on my colony to protect against other spies.

Now I just relocated my colony and my spy did not relocate with my colony. It just stayed on the op that my colony left behind. After relocating my colony it says my colony has 118 protection ticks but after the next tick it went down to 117.... this upsets me because now i have to get my spy back to my colony and restart the protection ticks.

Is this part of the new updates? Spies no longer relocate with the colony?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:16 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
I don't know that spies would relocate with u in the old system (probably I haven't relocated with spy on colony before) but if they do, then it maybe a bug.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:33 pm
Posts: 87
aister wrote:
I don't know that spies would relocate with u in the old system (probably I haven't relocated with spy on colony before) but if they do, then it maybe a bug.



They did for sure in the old system...

Read Ilona's 2nd reply, 6th post from the top viewtopic.php?f=80&t=12430


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Upcoming Update 9 Oct - summerized list with descriptions
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:02 pm
Posts: 1554
Gender: female
Its right (for now)
Spies relocated with you before and now they stay put. It wasn't directly a part of the update.
It just happened. Feel free to send me your opinion what the spy should do/not do for the future.

_________________
Community Manager BattleDawn/ SuperMechs
BattleDawn on Facebook


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl