It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

C'mon there has to be something you regret. lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:10 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Why regret anything :|I don't regret anything there is no reason to.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

dylsupreme1 wrote:

I choose the path of my own, and I walk on it without hesitation.

A manga that I like stated:
"I can understand regretting it if I follow my dreams and fail, but I don't want to regret never following them in the first place"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:17 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Yes it's easy to say that as a normal person. Tell that to a sick little kid that's going to die and can't ''see what he wants to see and ''do what he wants to do'' and see how he reacts when you tell him that he is suffering and he doesn't even get another chance.

A sick kid isnt gonna worry about the afterlife. Just dont talk to him about it and give him false hope :lol:

Quote:

There are certain things I regret, or maybe wanna do better. But I surely wouldn't want an afterlife to pursue them!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

dylsupreme1 wrote:

One thing that I regret is unable to convince mfreak that oil banking is illegal :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:18 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Thats because its not !! Its a smart way to overcome a restriction ingame. And if someone is smart enough be that creative, then the person should get what he deserves. Its only fair.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

OK I was just kidding. You keep saying that it's smart and I keep saying that it's cheating. There will be no end for our argument.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:19 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Are you saying that we have absolutely no purpose here? I don't know why but a simple statement like that just seems so cynical and a little creepy to me.

So? Walking through your house at night might seem creepy to you too, with everything creaking and the suspense of the dark.. Doesn't mean it is indeed more dangerous than by day.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Yes it's easy to say that as a normal person. Tell that to a sick little kid that's going to die and can't ''see what he wants to see and ''do what he wants to do'' and see how he reacts when you tell him that he is suffering and he doesn't even get another chance.

I believe that if no one ever told that little kid there was a god and an afterlife and all that pooha, he wouldn't even consider it. In my opinion what you are saying is that it is better to (most likely) lie to a dying person than to be honest with them. Now, you mentioned something about cynical and creepy before.. I think THAT would be both cynical and creepy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

modern religions describe one, omnicsicent omnipotent, ect... god that is perfectly good

unneccesary evil exists (exibt a) a baby born with a genetic mutation that causes problems for the rest of its life). Athiests state that this proves the modern religions biew of god is false

religions respond that evil is neccesaru it teaches humans generosity, ompassion ect...

wouldn't an all powerful / knowing ./ good god be capable of devising a method to teach humans the same lessons without the suffering?

result
a) god does not exist
b) the definition is wrong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Thats because its not !! Its a smart way to overcome a restriction ingame. And if someone is smart enough be that creative, then the person should get what he deserves. Its only fair.

What's oil banking?

Milanos wrote:
dylsupreme1 wrote:
Are you saying that we have absolutely no purpose here? I don't know why but a simple statement like that just seems so cynical and a little creepy to me.

So? Walking through your house at night might seem creepy to you too, with everything creaking and the suspense of the dark.. Doesn't mean it is indeed more dangerous than by day.

dylsupreme1 wrote:

I believe that if no one ever told that little kid there was a god and an afterlife and all that pooha, he wouldn't even consider it. In my opinion what you are saying is that it is better to (most likely) lie to a dying person than to be honest with them. Now, you mentioned something about cynical and creepy before.. I think THAT would be both cynical and creepy.

Ah logic! Get it away! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next