It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Got 99 problems but location ain't one
Gender: male
C'mon there has to be something you regret. lol


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:10 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:42 pm
Posts: 1147
Location: Ocala
Gender: male
Why regret anything :|I don't regret anything there is no reason to.

_________________
You Will Never forget Me I am The Light and The Dark.
Image
IGN Fallen Angel, Mr. Leader, Vincent
Skype: fallen_angel0825
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:59 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
dylsupreme1 wrote:
C'mon there has to be something you regret. lol

I choose the path of my own, and I walk on it without hesitation.

A manga that I like stated:
"I can understand regretting it if I follow my dreams and fail, but I don't want to regret never following them in the first place"

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:17 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 2760
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: male
Quote:
Yes it's easy to say that as a normal person. Tell that to a sick little kid that's going to die and can't ''see what he wants to see and ''do what he wants to do'' and see how he reacts when you tell him that he is suffering and he doesn't even get another chance.


A sick kid isnt gonna worry about the afterlife. Just dont talk to him about it and give him false hope :lol:

Quote:
C'mon there has to be something you regret. lol


There are certain things I regret, or maybe wanna do better. But I surely wouldn't want an afterlife to pursue them!

_________________
Deadman - SYN
----------------
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
dylsupreme1 wrote:
C'mon there has to be something you regret. lol

One thing that I regret is unable to convince mfreak that oil banking is illegal :cry:

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:18 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 2760
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: male
Thats because its not !! Its a smart way to overcome a restriction ingame. And if someone is smart enough be that creative, then the person should get what he deserves. Its only fair.

_________________
Deadman - SYN
----------------
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8018
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
OK I was just kidding. You keep saying that it's smart and I keep saying that it's cheating. There will be no end for our argument.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:19 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1866
dylsupreme1 wrote:
Are you saying that we have absolutely no purpose here? I don't know why but a simple statement like that just seems so cynical and a little creepy to me.


So? Walking through your house at night might seem creepy to you too, with everything creaking and the suspense of the dark.. Doesn't mean it is indeed more dangerous than by day.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Yes it's easy to say that as a normal person. Tell that to a sick little kid that's going to die and can't ''see what he wants to see and ''do what he wants to do'' and see how he reacts when you tell him that he is suffering and he doesn't even get another chance.


I believe that if no one ever told that little kid there was a god and an afterlife and all that pooha, he wouldn't even consider it. In my opinion what you are saying is that it is better to (most likely) lie to a dying person than to be honest with them. Now, you mentioned something about cynical and creepy before.. I think THAT would be both cynical and creepy.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:28 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: unknown
Gender: male
modern religions describe one, omnicsicent omnipotent, ect... god that is perfectly good

unneccesary evil exists (exibt a) a baby born with a genetic mutation that causes problems for the rest of its life). Athiests state that this proves the modern religions biew of god is false

religions respond that evil is neccesaru it teaches humans generosity, ompassion ect...

wouldn't an all powerful / knowing ./ good god be capable of devising a method to teach humans the same lessons without the suffering?

result
a) god does not exist
b) the definition is wrong

_________________
Why should I be content to lead one nation when I can control the whole world?Image
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time
http://tinyurl.com/y95fc75My Song


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm
Posts: 2390
Location: Got 99 problems but location ain't one
Gender: male
mfreak wrote:
Thats because its not !! Its a smart way to overcome a restriction ingame. And if someone is smart enough be that creative, then the person should get what he deserves. Its only fair.


What's oil banking?

Milanos wrote:
dylsupreme1 wrote:
Are you saying that we have absolutely no purpose here? I don't know why but a simple statement like that just seems so cynical and a little creepy to me.


So? Walking through your house at night might seem creepy to you too, with everything creaking and the suspense of the dark.. Doesn't mean it is indeed more dangerous than by day.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Yes it's easy to say that as a normal person. Tell that to a sick little kid that's going to die and can't ''see what he wants to see and ''do what he wants to do'' and see how he reacts when you tell him that he is suffering and he doesn't even get another chance.


I believe that if no one ever told that little kid there was a god and an afterlife and all that pooha, he wouldn't even consider it. In my opinion what you are saying is that it is better to (most likely) lie to a dying person than to be honest with them. Now, you mentioned something about cynical and creepy before.. I think THAT would be both cynical and creepy.


Ah logic! Get it away! :lol:


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl