It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Banning players for language abuse? too harsh??
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:56 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I agree with sharkjaws. First of all there are tons of pissants out there, who get on my (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) nerves every now and then. Id like to give them a piece of my mind especially when they pull some stupid move on me. Yeah I got banned for language once.

But that said, the ban for bad language, is because there are tons of people out here from different cultures. What is considered an abuse in one country/culture may not be okay with another person from another place. So mostly its best to be a little more sensitive, and not get too pissed off over a free online game :) You are here to enjoy and pass time, so do that. Why get worked up?

Also, yeah the ban for all worlds is because its a ban on the forum. I think its quite stupid too. I dont fly with idealistic values - "Ooooh you signed the Tos. You broke the rules. YOU GOTTA PAY!!" Blah..

Quote:
The player should be banned in all worlds he is in. If he commits the crime in one world, not being banned in one world leaves you the ability to commit the same crime.

This is bull. No one cares about a ban in reality. Atleast I dont. I once got banned for account sharing. That does not mean I wont do it in future if needed. I will. Its a damn game. Acct sharing is not wrong according to me so I will do it. Unless of course, the team mates being able to move squads thingy is implemented.

I know lot of you may not agree with what I have said, but that is just how it works. I am calling it as it is.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

well idk about account sharing.. thats kind of ethically wrong. but my main concern is bad language...

if its a whole message just fussing somebody out..and out of no where i can understand.. but if its a msg just saying few words like giving someone the birde coz the guy was been a jerk is different. i think the admins should consider
1) ban person on that world ONLY.. ( as it really makes people mad
- i can see that been the reason too so they think twice..
or
2) implement a warning system. first time. (warn) repeated. BAN the player
or
3) ban the persona and give him a chance to apologize (A COMPLETE SINCERE APOLOGY) and not just "I am sorry" for a reduced time ban.
- positive reinforcement for bad behavior is a better disciplining process than plain out severe punishment of just ban and forget.

Penguins of TSK M4
and some more i dont remember lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:34 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I am okay with 2. But like I said, apologies, punishments, disciplining people etc wont work. Heck people dont care about a ban. If a person is perm banned, then they simply make another account. Its a free (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) online game. Who cares?

As for something being ethically wrong - People generally think something is wrong if its said it is wrong in a rulebook. Its psychology. If the same rulebook said Account sharing was not wrong, then the same people would say, it isnt wrong even if someone argued against it. So is account sharing REALLY wrong? No it is not. One person gives his account info to another, and takes a risk, its no one's business to worry about it. But anyway...I am not upto debate that now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:17 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

This is not only a game, it's a community. And you must learn how to hold ur anger and control urself. In here u can have a ban, create another account and re-gain the achievements. But wat if in real life? You will get fired, get hit, get beaten, or even get killed. Compare to being banned temporary, the real consequences are much more severe.

If the real reason for ur anger is his msgs then ignore him, easy, u don't need to be angry over something so trivial.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:20 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You are right. But in a big money round, I dont want some pissant 12 yr old to mess with me. When you put in lot of effort, money and time, even if its a game its human nature to snap sometimes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I guess the silencing thing sounds better... Silence him... (unable to use msgs or chats or broadcasts)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

aister wrote:
This is not only a game, it's a community. And you must learn how to hold ur anger and control urself. In here u can have a ban, create another account and re-gain the achievements. But wat if in real life? You will get fired, get hit, get beaten, or even get killed. Compare to being banned temporary, the real consequences are much more severe.

If the real reason for ur anger is his msgs then ignore him, easy, u don't need to be angry over something so trivial.

right besides you will only be temporarily banned, (if your not a repeat offender).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:50 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Agree with pengy.

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:04 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

sharkjaws wrote:
Do you think it is fair amount of time that people keep getting banned for without even listening to their side...for say for talking bad. tha admin may get only one msg reported to him by the other guy but does the admin really look at previous msgs to see what lead to that statement.

We usually do really :)
The whole conversation shows up when players report messages =)

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:58 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

simmen wrote:
sharkjaws wrote:
Do you think it is fair amount of time that people keep getting banned for without even listening to their side...for say for talking bad. tha admin may get only one msg reported to him by the other guy but does the admin really look at previous msgs to see what lead to that statement.

We usually do really :)
The whole conversation shows up when players report messages =)

lol usually. but not always.. instead of banning them, why not just silence all communications by them. (no chat, msg) that be hard lesson anyways. as the person will struggle in communication with alliance..

or make units inactive when person banned.. (they cant fight) like when attached. so others can have the op. but the person's army survives. they cant participate in any battle to defend even.. (It sounds like cool idea in my head anyways..

Penguins of TSK M4
and some more i dont remember lol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next