It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Feeling saddened by something isn't a legit reason to believe in an afterlife.. I like to think about it rationally, and then they indeed don't have an afterlife. I agree it would suck for people that are murdered indeed, but I won't try and make it sound better in my head by thinking they will have an afterlife.

Call me pessimistic, I call it just realistic. You can go to bed without doing the dishes and hope the elves will do it for you, or you can be realistic about it, face the fact there is no proof of elves existing, and do the dishes before you go to bed.

That ^^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
Feeling saddened by something isn't a legit reason to believe in an afterlife.. I like to think about it rationally, and then they indeed don't have an afterlife. I agree it would suck for people that are murdered indeed, but I won't try and make it sound better in my head by thinking they will have an afterlife.

Call me pessimistic, I call it just realistic. You can go to bed without doing the dishes and hope the elves will do it for you, or you can be realistic about it, face the fact there is no proof of elves existing, and do the dishes before you go to bed.

That ^^

You also have to be realistic the fact that anything's possible. Hey, who knows, maybe zeus and horus are chilling with god right now. :lol: really though, anything is possible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:55 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
mfreak wrote:
Quote:

That ^^

You also have to be realistic the fact that anything's possible. Hey, who knows, maybe zeus and horus are chilling with god right now. :lol: really though, anything is possible.

At this stage of the debate, I always make the nice point that there is as much probability of elves/gnomes/leprechauns/orcs whatever the hell you want existing as God.

Actually, if you are going to name the bible as proof, there is more proof of elves than of God. More books have been written about those.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:05 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

:roll: I'm not a ''christian'' that prays for atheists and quotes bible verses. I don't believe in the bible or Christianity. The bible was written by men and it reflects their opinions not a god's. If the christian god actually existed and the bible was indeed true, he would be the most hypocritical, evil and maniacal thing ever. I don't get mad at well... really anything but this just crosses a line. Don't associate me with Christianity.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:15 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Why are you so anti-Christian? Dont need to hate Christianity as such. Every religion is like that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:18 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Why are you so anti-Christian? Dont need to hate Christianity as such. Every religion is like that.

Agreed but their the most commonly encountered.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:14 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Not all christians are bad.

There are of course some bible thumpers that I hate too. I met one on BD, who told me I dont have any reason to live, and I had no life.

He went on to say he loved me and he will pray for me :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mfreak wrote:
Not all christians are bad.

There are of course some bible thumpers that I hate too. I met one on BD, who told me I dont have any reason to live, and I had no life.

He went on to say he loved me and he will pray for me :lol:

He's good

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:45 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Hey, that applies to you as well!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It's odd though. If your nothing before you live and nothing after you die, then why do you live at all in the first place? Why are humans here? It's deeper than god and it's deeper than evolution. It's deeper than everything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next