It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Milanos wrote:
dylsupreme1 wrote:
I personally believe in god. Don't all people need faith in something?

Saying you believe in God because "you need faith in something" sounds a bit messed up to me. It sounds like you do not believe in God because you actually think there may be a higher being, but because you need faith in something. Have faith in yourself?

Sure, the concept of god may be considered ''illogical'' or even absurd, but the unknown kind of attracts you in a way.

The unknown attracts me in a way as well, but trying to explain it away with God is not the way. Humans have always been both attracted and scared by the unknown. We are inquisitive beings, that is what we do. However what I do when I do not understand a certain thing or concept is research it, try to find the logic behind it and find a rational explanation. Thousands of years ago, when there was lightning coming down from the sky, the people would blame it on the wrath of the Gods. Today, we have learnt that there is a rational explanation for it, so there is no angry God up there throwing lightning at us. As the years pass, more and more unknown things will be explained away, and God will have less and less things that are "his", as that is the way you put it. Therefore, I think unless children keep being indoctrinated by parents that have been indoctrinated by theirs before, religion will die a natural death as the rationality and common sense of the people continues rising.

Anyway, EVERYBODY DEBATE!

Figured I would do it in red, much easier.

Why does god have anything to do with any religion? I believe in a god but not ''allah'' or some christian egomaniac super being that is supposed to be benevolent yet sends people to a fiery torture for all eternity and gets angry at mankind for doing what mankind does.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:33 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Alright i have held my tongue long enough i can no longer do so. Here is a statement of fact that has been put through so many minds it could drive you insane for those who do not believe in god how did you think the things of time and space get created and for those who do believe in god how did he come into being for me myself and I. I believe in both a mixture of Science and god for I believe that there was god who created the big bang and left it to do itself and create itself from there. I do not believe he is how the BIBLE describes him as someone who knows everything and can do everything and is everything. I believe he is not a being but a mixture of reality and alternate dimensions for if you study this and I have there are so many that there could be one where it backtracks itself creating reality itself as well as time. And for those who believe that he dos or dos not exist how do you determine your morals for if you do not have some sort of belief you would end up with no morals because most believe in the after life so in one form or another whether it be Cristian, Boodest, or many others they all lead to the conclusion of a higher power there for they must obey the law ect. for most that do not have no reason to obey the law because most find that in the end there is nothing no punishment or happiness so no need to obey they do as they wish with no thought of consequence so they may go on to live with one life to live where if they oh so choose they may r.ape murder or do as they please. So yes i believe in a higher power but in a since i do not believe in god for in most who follow the BIBLE do not even know what BIBLE means they just blindly follow. For those who do not know what BIBLE means it is
B.asic
I.nstructions
B.efore
L.eaving
E.arth
Most are said to be profets who speak in the BIBLE yet half of it is what i believe as lies and over time someone who sticks his foot in the water could be said to walk on water. In the end i think that i have talked way to much about it and so i think this link would be good it kind of tells about why i do not believe in the BIBLE.
http://www.nola.com/religion/index.ssf/ ... olars.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:38 pm 
Major
Major

i cant believe the mods are allowing this to be debated

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i dont see why it cant be as long as nobody flips out immaturely but that happens all the time.(unfortunately)

also shelton...Cristen? Boodist? lololololol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:43 pm 
Major
Major

that is why i cant believe it hasnt been stopped because we know if people get into this immaturity will definately start showing in an ugly way

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Atheism is a bit too cynical for me. This life is terrible and they say there's no afterlife? So all the babies and infants that die, they don't even get an afterlife? They just die? I can't accept that. Also, I can't talk about god but people can talk about ''the death sentence and ''white genocide in south america''? hmm... seems fair.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

with the fact most of us are apparently atheists i think we'll be fine...and every other topic under discussion and debates had flaming with little to no mod intervention...anyway i don't think any of us are 2 i think we can hold some manner of civility. anyway back on topic i believe there's an afterlife, a place of peace for the weary soul. but i dont necessarily think there's a hell for punishment but we just wander endlessly for eternity trying to find that peace. my two cents

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:54 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I would rather be in some sort of hell than just simply rotting in the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
I would rather be in some sort of hell than just simply rotting in the ground.

i agree surely there's not just *close eyes* ... *nothing*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Once you experience consciousness you kind of get accustomed to it lol.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next