It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Is god real?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I personally believe in god. Don't all people need faith in something? Sure, the concept of god may be considered ''illogical'' or even absurd, but the unknown kind of attracts you in a way. Anyway, EVERYBODY DEBATE!

Post subject: Re: Is god real?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:54 pm 
Major
Major

tbh i dont think this needs to be brought to game forums

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:55 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i dont believe in some person who could just create the whole universe and everything in it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

OmegaXII wrote:
i dont believe in some person who could just create the whole universe and everything in it

^ although i wont bash anybody for doing so, that's their business.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:49 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I personally don't believe in god, the reason is simple
OmegaXII wrote:

Though I don't believe in god and anything else about him, I do respect the ones who believe in him and respect their belief.

I love to go to the churches or pagodas once in a while just to find some place quiet to think of my life and to study. But I have no interest in any kind of religions (serious ones I meant).

I kinda believe in myself more, I believe that I can do anything if I put my mind on it with additional helps from my friends and family. If I have time to pray for something to happen, I'll use that time to do something more useful.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:39 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Thats the first time I would have agreed with Aister. I am a sworn Atheist and I am against everything that has to do with the concept of a higher power. But I do respect peoples choices, so if someone believes in God, then so be it.

UNTIL, they start feeling sorry for me, quoting scriptures to me, start prayin for me for god to show me the light. Thats when I punch them in the throat. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:57 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
I personally believe in god. Don't all people need faith in something?

Saying you believe in God because "you need faith in something" sounds a bit messed up to me. It sounds like you do not believe in God because you actually think there may be a higher being, but because you need faith in something. Have faith in yourself?

Sure, the concept of god may be considered ''illogical'' or even absurd, but the unknown kind of attracts you in a way.

The unknown attracts me in a way as well, but trying to explain it away with God is not the way. Humans have always been both attracted and scared by the unknown. We are inquisitive beings, that is what we do. However what I do when I do not understand a certain thing or concept is research it, try to find the logic behind it and find a rational explanation. Thousands of years ago, when there was lightning coming down from the sky, the people would blame it on the wrath of the Gods. Today, we have learnt that there is a rational explanation for it, so there is no angry God up there throwing lightning at us. As the years pass, more and more unknown things will be explained away, and God will have less and less things that are "his", as that is the way you put it. Therefore, I think unless children keep being indoctrinated by parents that have been indoctrinated by theirs before, religion will die a natural death as the rationality and common sense of the people continues rising.

Anyway, EVERYBODY DEBATE!

Figured I would do it in red, much easier.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:58 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

OR people will die in the name of the very religion they believe in ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:30 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mfreak, u forgot our conversation about instrumental music :(

Milanos, I think not all people have religion because they need to have something to explain the unknown. They need something to believe in, to rely on in case of frustration, hardship or danger.

One more reason is to find a good place for ur soul to rest after death. This is mentioned in all religions that I've heard, that if you are good and well-behave in ur life, u will go to heaven or something like that. I personally don't believe it, but if someone believe in that and refrain themselves from doing bad things. I think it's good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Thats the first time I would have agreed with Aister. I am a sworn Atheist and I am against everything that has to do with the concept of a higher power. But I do respect peoples choices, so if someone believes in God, then so be it.

UNTIL, they start feeling sorry for me, quoting scriptures to me, start prayin for me for god to show me the light. Thats when I punch them in the throat. :lol:

Exactly why I don't believe in the bible or the christian concept of god. Most people say that the idea of an afterlife scares them more than the idea of no afterlife does. It's the opposite for me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next