It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Upcoming Updates, Oct 8th
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:04 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ok so we're a little bit behind on this update, but that's because we added some stuff we're still testing! The updates are now on the RC worlds for anyone who wants to test them out. Below are the updates:

1. Coordinate saving
2. Admin colony security updates
3. Rollback multiple squads now possible
4. New spies mechanics
5. Cannot attack self/allied anymore
6. Max delay of squads & missles: 24 ticks
7. Alliance Orders signs
8. Relocation bug fixed

We're still testing them out(Though you guy's can't test #2 :P) so please pop on and try them out and give us feedback! Try to keep all discussion and debates inside this thread so we can get your feedback much easier!

Thanks and let the discussion commence!
-Andrew

Post subject: Re: Upcoming Updates, Oct 8th
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:06 pm 
Major
Major

Sounds aweesome could someone clarify what alliance orders are?

(AKA what do they do)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What changes have you made to spies?
I don't want to go to RC and make a colony just to see what they are lol

Day of Darkness

RIP Mo.
Thanks Kenny.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:19 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'm not sure 100% how closely the programmers followed the task I created for the spy re-work.

I didn't get a chance to test it on the DEV world first so I'll need to check it all out on the RC world to confirm everything that is changed. Basically though it was changed so that the master spy moves around and drops "Agents" on targets and you can have as many spies as you can upkeep. Bridging the old and new client spy systems together.

The old spy system was good in the availability of spies but we felt it was too easy to place them. So we made it that the master spy cannot be killed, he is simply sent back to your colony if caught and he can place agents on targets where he is.

We're going to be expanding this system in the future probably and adding more special abilities/functions in for the master spy. There's also a new spy action and we tweaked costs for spy protection to be cheaper to compensate.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Any reason why the delays were reduced? You wanna stop people from saving oil using spam squads, is that it? I mean they can, but I kind of see BD going that direction.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

what was the relocation bug

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:27 pm 
Major
Major

Andrew wrote:
I'm not sure 100% how closely the programmers followed the task I created for the spy re-work.

I didn't get a chance to test it on the DEV world first so I'll need to check it all out on the RC world to confirm everything that is changed. Basically though it was changed so that the master spy moves around and drops "Agents" on targets and you can have as many spies as you can upkeep. Bridging the old and new client spy systems together.

The old spy system was good in the availability of spies but we felt it was too easy to place them. So we made it that the master spy cannot be killed, he is simply sent back to your colony if caught and he can place agents on targets where he is.

We're going to be expanding this system in the future probably and adding more special abilities/functions in for the master spy. There's also a new spy action and we tweaked costs for spy protection to be cheaper to compensate.

-Andrew

0.0 sounds soooo awesome lol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

g3301301391 wrote:

I think you couldnt relocate even if you had control ticks, oil and E. In some cases.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:35 pm 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
Any reason why the delays were reduced? You wanna stop people from saving oil using spam squads, is that it? I mean they can, but I kind of see BD going that direction.

No, we are going to address the exploit of sending spam squads on long delay to bank oil however but it's not in this update. It was lowered because the delay feature was brought in to allow alliances to coordinate moves together, 48 ticks was far too long so we lowered it to 24. This also partially addresses the issue of multi nuking and limits it to 2.

To address oil banking(Just spoke to Michael about it this morning about a solution) we're going to make it that if you cancel a squad in the same tick it is sent you get 100% of the oil refunded regardless if delayed or not; If however a tick has passed since you issued the order, regardless if delayed or not you will get no oil back for canceling a squad move/attack. This way you can still cancel and change a squad order in the same tick in case you make a mistake.

This isn't going in on this update however, we're limiting it to just what's posted in this thread so that we can get this update out once we've finished testing and correcting bugs. There are a few bugs with some of the new features which we know of but we'd really appreciate it if players would pop over and test the hell out of the changes, we know you guys can probably think of more scenarios than us ;)

g3301301391 wrote:

It wasn't possible to relocate with oil that was purchased through a boost, this update will address that issue. Our apologies for those that were affected by that bug :(

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 pm 
Private
Private

Is the g3 world that is reseting today with this update going to have the conqures=no power thing?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next