It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming updates - October 8th weekend!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

They landed on an outpost of theirs, which was not fully controlled. That was a time when the moment the tick turned, you could use your spy. He added 100 spy pro I think, but lost the refresh race and got locked down with about 500 squads. And HP was reduced too. So in order to escape, he kicked the owner of the outpost, which meant, that when the enemy landed, only the owners squads would fight. The other squads would just float. So they made a change where every unit on any outpost would fight attacking units.

The downside to this was, say you were part of an alliance and you were sitting on an outpost of your alliance mate, with 10 squads. Say you sent out an attack, and then you were kicked. When your squads returned, your squads would fight you and kill you. Meaning the 5 returning squads would fight your other 5 squads sitting on the outpost.

Now they have changed that, so am wondering, if squads would float, or is it just that one thing that has been fixed. Meaning, that your squads will just be left out of the battle, but fight any other remaining neutral squads sitting on that outpost.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:14 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

mfreak wrote:
They landed on an outpost of theirs, which was not fully controlled. That was a time when the moment the tick turned, you could use your spy. He added 100 spy pro I think, but lost the refresh race and got locked down with about 500 squads. And HP was reduced too. So in order to escape, he kicked the owner of the outpost, which meant, that when the enemy landed, only the owners squads would fight. The other squads would just float. So they made a change where every unit on any outpost would fight attacking units.

Hmmm yeah since my troops will be safely eating popcorn if the attackers are alliance members. How about the attackers are from another alliance?

I've never been in this situation before but I think it'll be abused pretty much if the ur troops won't do anything. He can either kick or leave the alliance. So I think it's better to let all the troops join in the fight, unless the attacks come from ur alliance.

mfreak wrote:
Now they have changed that, so am wondering, if squads would float, or is it just that one thing that has been fixed. Meaning, that your squads will just be left out of the battle, but fight any other remaining neutral squads sitting on that outpost.

No, it's either you won't do anything, or you will join the defender side then do nothing, or you will join the defender side then attack the defender. It's too unfair if you just do nothing and attack the leftover from the war.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

Scenario:
Alliance A has 100 units on a neutral outpost owned by a member they just kicked. Alliance B attacks the outpost, alliance A's units defend against the attacks.

Scenario 2:
Alliance A has 100 units on a neutral outpost owned by a member they just kicked. Alliance A attacks the outpost, the 100 units from alliance A will NOT be involved in the fight, if the member that was kicked had units there they would fight just the alliance A units that attacked the outpost.

Hope that helps to explain the new system. Scenario 3 when there are multiple attackers is still being tested I believe and we don't have a final say on what will happen but what SHOULD happen is the same as the second scenario except the 2 attackers will group together against the defending units of the owner of the target and the 100 units from alliance A will stay out of the battle still.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:45 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Nice update. What if player A had units on his outpost, and player B had units on player A's outpost. Player A gets kicked, and player C comes along and tries to capture the outpost. Would player B's units fight?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

Andrew wrote:
Just opening up a discussion thread on the updates coming in this weekend:

1. Relics will have a radar range like radar outposts
2. You'll no longer be able to attack your own troops (or your allies)
3. New Alliance Orders feature. ability to put markers on the map visible to your allies only in order to mark important spots and coordinate war plans.

Also some clarification on the #2 change:

-If you have units on a target not owned by your alliance and you attack it they will not be involved in the battle.

Previously they would be but this change will correct that so your units won't mercilessly slaughter themselves anymore... We think people will agree that is a GOOD thing :)

-Andrew

I love the alliance order thing, finally we can plan things :lol:

# of relics captured: 2

Highest power: 267

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 pm 
Captain
Captain

Yes they should defend the outpost together I believe, I'll be testing out more scenarios like that tonight to confirm. I think the update is still only on the dev world but we'll give word once it's on RC for anyone that wants to play with it before it goes live :)

Link to RC: http://rc.battledawn.com

-Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:21 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Yeah, it's a little bit unfair when u have to defend for an OP that is not urs, but it prevent the "kick or leave the alliance just to be safe" thing. Though it'll be a little bit complicated for the 3rd situation if one of the attackers is from alliance A. Hope we will have it clear soon.

And btw ninja, ur cheese has been eaten again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Love these updates..... i haven't said that in a while so well done :)

Day of Darkness

RIP Mo.
Thanks Kenny.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:50 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yay, garry is finally pleased lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:38 pm 
Private
Private

Now all we need is a relic nuke silo and a gate post.

Just a thought but, wouldnt it be a nice idea to have relics give a def bonus to the squads defending the relic. that way pple will actually be willing to use the relic as a weapon instead of treat it as a bank vault.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next