It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming updates
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:58 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

ive been playing this game for several year's now and it's been one update after another ?? when are you guyz going to finally get it to where there are no more update's and it's the game finally ? i am not going to say wether or not the change's you guyz make is good or bad per say , for sure there some i havent liked but many good one's , it's the constant " hey were updating the game " that killz me and you guyz seem to have no deadline or what not to the finished product , i'm sick of this update crap , been sick of it , why do you guyz keep trying to fix what is not broke ?
I meen maybe the game should be renamed to " NOT SURE YET " .

seriously ppl. is there a deadline in site for the END of the Update's , i meen how much more can you change the game before your done ?

thank you

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 am 
Major
Major

yeah i agree that theres been a lot of updates recently (like more than usual) maybe wait awhile for the next few

but i dont agree that this is a "not sure yet" game. There is always room for improvement the game is always being updated or changed to make it better. I dont see why you need a finished piece a finished piece is done growing and changing or becoming better. Just because you dont agree with the updates recently doesn't mean the game should stop changing.

You dont know until you try right? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:55 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
ive been playing this game for several year's now and it's been one update after another ?? when are you guyz going to finally get it to where there are no more update's and it's the game finally ?

That will NEVER happen and CANNOT happen. The game will always be tweaked, balanced, new features added in, features removed and bugs fixed. No software is "final", and that applies to BD as well. So get with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:04 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Michael wrote:
Greetings!

The following updates will be released this weekend:

1) You will not be able to trade resources gained through boosts.
2) Emergency metal & oil boost cooldown reduced to 1 tick
3) cannot launch spies & nukes on admin controlled targets (no more attacking of relics and garrisons by nukes and spy attacks)
4) nukes will kill 10% units also of "running away" squads up to 1 tick away from the target radius (increasing their damage potential and making them more lethal)
5) cannot build level 4 & 5 structures while the ticks are paused.
6) Rules change: There will no longer be a rule against "Token Farming", sending tokens to other members of your alliance for them to purchase the boost and trade it back.

Fantastic.

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:06 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

RunnerChase wrote:
ive been playing this game for several year's now and it's been one update after another ?? when are you guyz going to finally get it to where there are no more update's and it's the game finally ? i am not going to say wether or not the change's you guyz make is good or bad per say , for sure there some i havent liked but many good one's , it's the constant " hey were updating the game " that killz me and you guyz seem to have no deadline or what not to the finished product , i'm sick of this update crap , been sick of it , why do you guyz keep trying to fix what is not broke ?

seriously ppl. is there a deadline in site for the END of the Update's , i meen how much more can you change the game before your done ?

thank you

Not software, or ONLINE game in the history of ...well software....has gone to the point of no longer updating, unless it no longer has people to use it.

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:03 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

RunnerChase wrote:

thank you

why are you so close-minded? Haven't you heard the line:
"The only thing constant in this world is change and taxes."?

Elric wrote:
Not software, or ONLINE game in the history of ...well software....has gone to the point of no longer updating, unless it no longer has people to use it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:30 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Andrew wrote:
One system I wanted to add in which may counteract the lower amount of crystals from conquers is to automate the release of garrisons like we do wreckage/UFOs. Have 3 random variables(INITIAL CONCEPT, THE BELOW VALUES ARE JUST EXAMPLES, FINAL VALUES WOULD BE BALANCED OUT LATER):

1) How often they spawn: Every 25-50 ticks
2) How many units do they contain: 50-500
3) How many crystals they contain: This would have to scale based on the amount of units on the garrison so the formula would be something like:
Soldier count * (0.05 - 0.10) so it would contain anywhere from 5 to 10% of the amount of soldiers on the target.

I'd like for the values to be world specific(If no value set then take global standards) so we can do specific scenarios in worlds and increase/decrease garrirons.

I'm also thinking of a minor bump for crystals from 0.4 to 0.5 metal/oil per tick; Also from +0.04 to +0.05 added to worker growth. That works out to a 25% increase for metal/oil/workers from crystals.

-Andrew

Thumps up for Andrew, oh this is not Youtube.

This is a good idea, this will erase the crystal rarity AS WELL AS crystal farming. I hope this will get updated fast.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:40 pm 
Captain
Captain

RunnerChase wrote:

thank you

Battle Dawn is all about change, new features, new strategies, changing strategies, improvements, etc.

BD was not designed as a single-fire game like a console game and any MMO type game needs to improve, adapt, expand and add to the features of the game or else it will become stale. Eventually we'll reach a point where there's not much more we can do with the game concept and we'll stop updating/improving the game except for minor tweaks or additions here or there but that's most likely a few years down the road.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:51 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

you forgot to mention that the prices would be hiked for mana boosts from 40 and 60 tokens to 100 and 200 and that in game movements of troops would cost more mana.

this is only my second era but this is not the first price hike i have seen on mana. it is a ridiculous percentage rise and takes the mickey; you will get no more cash from me...as of now i do not boost.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:00 pm 
Private
Private

not soundin 2 bad :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next