It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming updates
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:55 pm 
Major
Major

ugh this is just to much trouble

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:30 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

Michael wrote:
Greetings!

The following updates will be released this weekend:

1) You will not be able to trade resources gained through boosts.
2) Emergency metal & oil boost cooldown reduced to 1 tick
3) cannot launch spies & nukes on admin controlled targets (no more attacking of relics and garrisons by nukes and spy attacks)
4) nukes will kill 10% units also of "running away" squads up to 1 tick away from the target radius (increasing their damage potential and making them more lethal)
5) cannot build level 4 & 5 structures while the ticks are paused.
6) Rules change: There will no longer be a rule against "Token Farming", sending tokens to other members of your alliance for them to purchase the boost and trade it back.

This is not bad, these updates might make the game more of a challenge. I like it.

# of relics captured: 2

Highest power: 267

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

littleconqueror wrote:
ugh this is just to much trouble

First we get complains about never updating, then we get complains because of to many updates :lol:

Doomed if you do, doomed if you don't.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

you cant make society happy simmen

overall i like the updates

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:04 am 
Captain
Captain

OmegaXII wrote:
you cant make society happy simmen

overall i like the updates

I think that once a lot of the balancing that we've been needing to do for a while starts getting in the overall game is going to be much better. However it may be a bit rough till we finish tweaking things. Our balancing changes are based around the feedback we've received from players over the last 2 years.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:41 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Greetings!

3) cannot launch spies & nukes on admin controlled targets (no more attacking of relics and garrisons by nukes and spy attacks)
4) nukes will kill 10% units also of "running away" squads up to 1 tick away from the target radius (increasing their damage potential and making them more lethal)
6) Rules change: There will no longer be a rule against "Token Farming", sending tokens to other members of your alliance for them to purchase the boost and trade it back.

For gods sakes make up your minds and tell us what you have exactly updated. There seems to be a disconnect between what has been proposed and what is being implemented.

Anyway,

vs

Are you (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) kidding me? Make up your minds first. Which do you wanna allow. If 1, then cooldowns should be 0. If 6, then 1 is void.

3) - So relics and garrisons are not gonna be able to be attacked with spies and nukes. Does this mean units on relics and garrisons are comparatively gonna be lesser? Cuz if you are gonna put 2k units on a relic, without giving us the option of forcing an efficient battle, then you should reduce the units on the relics too, to compensate for that, and also to enable smaller alliances to take a relic.

4) - I am okay with this. I have a question though. Do the nukes affect squads in "returning" status or just escaping status? Make that clear please. Cuz if returning squads are affected, we should be able to ion any nuke from any alliance, going to any target. Otherwise we would be left without a counter. This was discussed in detail in the community poll as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:09 am 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
For gods sakes make up your minds and tell us what you have exactly updated. There seems to be a disconnect between what has been proposed and what is being implemented.

Anyway,

vs

Are you *CENSORED* kidding me? Make up your minds first. Which do you wanna allow. If 1, then cooldowns should be 0. If 6, then 1 is void.
Our minds are made up on 1 and 6, they were going in together from the get go but Michael just forgot to mention it in his post. The point is that only naturally occurring resources can be traded and not artificially injected ones from boosts. This will naturally limit token farming and thus we see no reason to maintain a rule against it. Plus with the changes to emergency boosts cooldown to 1 tick heavy supporters can use that to get an extra burst of resources instead.

3) - So relics and garrisons are not gonna be able to be attacked with spies and nukes. Does this mean units on relics and garrisons are comparatively gonna be lesser? Cuz if you are gonna put 2k units on a relic, without giving us the option of forcing an efficient battle, then you should reduce the units on the relics too, to compensate for that, and also to enable smaller alliances to take a relic.
Yes we're going to be revamping the relics release system including when they release, the range of # of units they can have(Which is most likely going to get lowered due to the new invulnerability) and also putting in a random amount of crystals by default(Currently admins add them manually). Latest discussion we had was to have 1 relic released every 100 ticks starting at tick 1. This way rounds won't drag out due to delayed relic drops or anything.

4) - I am okay with this. I have a question though. Do the nukes affect squads in "returning" status or just escaping status? Make that clear please. Cuz if returning squads are affected, we should be able to ion any nuke from any alliance, going to any target. Otherwise we would be left without a counter. This was discussed in detail in the community poll as well.
Good question, I'll have to double check on this because there was a few solutions proposed and I believe the solution we'll probably go with is to allow you to ion cannon nukes headed to a colony your alliance has conquered.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:14 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Andrew wrote:
mfreak wrote:

Yes we're going to be revamping the relics release system including when they release, the range of # of units they can have(Which is most likely going to get lowered due to the new invulnerability) and also putting in a random amount of crystals by default(Currently admins add them manually). Latest discussion we had was to have 1 relic released every 100 ticks starting at tick 1. This way rounds won't drag out due to delayed relic drops or anything.

-Andrew

will this affect the current worlds that are in play ?

HAHA

Skype name edwin7744 :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:07 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Our minds are made up on 1 and 6, they were going in together from the get go but Michael just forgot to mention it in his post. The point is that only naturally occurring resources can be traded and not artificially injected ones from boosts. This will naturally limit token farming and thus we see no reason to maintain a rule against it. Plus with the changes to emergency boosts cooldown to 1 tick heavy supporters can use that to get an extra burst of resources instead.

I thought the cooldown was gonna be 0. BTW if Number 1 is implemented, 6 is void. You didn't have to mention it anyway. I hope sending tokens is still allowed.

Quote:

I think 1 every 100 tick is not a good idea either. We tried it by releasing relics at the very start, and rounds were too short and tick 100 is still nothing but the start of the round. I would suggest the first relic release around tick 500, and 1 every 100 ticks or so, after that. But a relic released at tick 100, is definitely gonna be a bad idea.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:45 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Michael wrote:
Greetings!

I'm okay with either token farming or reducing emergency boost cooldown to 1 tick, even though I know both of them favor red boosters heavily. I'll live with that.

But combining them is too much, if you ask me. It's possible for a single person to get 60,000 metal per tick this way. That's a bit TOO much if you ask me. You can quite literally boost about 50 squads in under 12 ticks this way.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next