It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

arandomnub wrote:
targoon wrote:
The thing is, they could get it much sooner if the times were not increased. Regardless of the times boosters get it fast, but atleast with this it takes a bit longer.

that is completly wrong..... boosters will get the structure same time as before while non-boosters get it 24hrs later. the boosters will build the range on tick 1 and usally worlds r frozen for 12 hrs. so when it starts u will have all the boosters with range while the non boosters getting range will be delayed 1 day

Well, you could only do so much with 9k metal, and since the ticks are frozen, so are the cooldown ticks (I think, it stands to reason that they should) and production ticks. But yes, Boosters will still get that advantage, even though not as far ahead. They conquer neighbouring newb colonies for income once the ticks roll, and then just move along as planned. So while the mid-level alliances have vechs and damage, they have gates and ranged.

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 pm 
Private
Private

they get more advantage than before because while the tick is frozen the structure build time isn't

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

Goochraider wrote:
Andrew i have been playing BD for a very long time if your going to revert build times back to Old client standards why not bring back old client? As far as the power i think its a great idea but its only going to help us boosters early game. The 12/24 hr builds are just bad in my opinion on old client there was no frozen ticks for 24 hours but with the frozen ticks now your just setting us boosters up for a much larger unfair advantage if you boost 20$ and spend your tokens on getting your structures built you could have gates/nukes/lvl 5 res structures before the ticks even started i think maybe you should half the build times to 6/12 hours so as not to disadvantage your free players as you have kept the game free to play for so long stop disadvantaging the players that cannot or do not donate. other than that Good job with being more active and working forward with bug fixes and updates im glad to see that the admins are actually trying to be active once again instead of logging in once every 2 days. But you guys are making large change without running mock rounds and affecting current round play styles like seth mentioned before.

-inco

Edit- I do disagree with the fact that you guys have continued to make huge changes to the game while people are playing and affecting our game play. you guys seem to decide a game changing update is always neccisary when i play -.-

These changes aren't really massively impacting balance in the game. Taking a day or two to build level 4/5 structures doesn't change the game overall THAT much. The 30 power drops a few crystals out of the game but isn't going to be too major most likely.

These are minor balance changes which is why we did them live. Also these settings are global and not world specific.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:49 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

arandomnub wrote:
they get more advantage than before because while the tick is frozen the structure build time isn't

They have the advantage regardless. And when the ticks are frozen that means the cooldown for their boosts is too, so they are limited to 9k metal, which is not nearly enough to get all structures to level 3 even.

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

targoon wrote:
arandomnub wrote:

They have the advantage regardless. And when the ticks are frozen that means the cooldown for their boosts is too, so they are limited to 9k metal, which is not nearly enough to get all structures to level 3 even.

everyone keeps saying 9k metal -_- some people DO buy the emergency boost which makes 14k metal...that makes a difference ya know

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:09 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I'm not very happy with the 24 hour waiting time, that was the old waiting time and was changed for a reason, though i do like that better than the current time, i cant argue with you about this it is much better but still slightly disappointed they made it 24 hours rather than say 12.

~MechaStorm
-----------------
My Worlds
~Galaxy 2(KwAs)
~I like to Spam :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 am 
Private
Private

Hi, admin i can not login , what to do?

Andrew wrote:
This was a minor update with 2 simple balance changes:

1) Colonies will get a crystal when they reach 30 power now instead of 20. This is to give players more time to expand and build an army to be better able to protect the crystal they receive and to make it harder to "crystal farm".

2) Level 4 and 5 structures have had their building times increased. Level 4 structures will take 12hrs and level 5 will take 24hrs. This was implemented to give a little more time before advanced tech can be used so that we don't see nukes and ion cannons in the first couple of ticks.

Feel free to discuss these specific changes in this thread, give feedback, suggestions, etc but try to keep it specific to these changes.

-Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:59 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Clear cache and cookies on your browser and start again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:22 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

on M3 its been days sense i started my lvl 5 energy building and i still have a 35 hour wait.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:29 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Show a picture of it it may be a bug or send a picture to the admin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next