It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm
Posts: 1916
Location: New Jersey
Gender: male
tootje wrote:
maxattack wrote:
Love the update, thanks Andrew!



nah, thanks for the 20% less crystals + to long time to wait for you structuur

The higher power required for getting a crystal is to reduce crystal farming and help newbies, so they dont have 20 infantry by the time they get it.

The longer time for the level 4/5 structures is to make sure you dont get merked by a nuke and ranged tanks in the first day. If you dont like the update, stroll on down to the suggestions forum and suggest something else.

Until then, be happy battledawn is still around, and they are trying. I cant stand complainers who do nothing.

_________________
Image
1st Legion
Dum spiramus tuebimur - While we breathe, we shall defend

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:41 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 pm
Posts: 119
Location: Gibbons
Gender: male
targoon
Quote:
That does not hurt free players whatsoever. It equally effects all players, boosters or non boosters.

Now instead of seeing boosters with gates, nukes and ranged units in the first 10 ticks, they get them much later. Sure free players have to wait the same time, but they actually have a better chance at building up because their not being nuked or attacked by ranged units


this hurts free players more than anyone. me being a booster i can get gates and range and mechs and my structures done while ticks are still frozen so if anything this helps me. while everyone is waiting for there 12 hours of range mine is done. while people waiting 24 hours on gates mine are done. this means i can expand quicker than any non booter even more than before

_________________
toma


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm
Posts: 1916
Location: New Jersey
Gender: male
The thing is, they could get it much sooner if the times were not increased. Regardless of the times boosters get it fast, but atleast with this it takes a bit longer.

_________________
Image
1st Legion
Dum spiramus tuebimur - While we breathe, we shall defend

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:57 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 pm
Posts: 6
What is this?? i dont care about the crystal at 30 power that makes sense. but 24 hours to build lv 5 structures??? ive never seen anyone use dragons in the first couple ticks i dont even know anyone that has ever built it in the first couple ticks. i dont know what u guys are talking about.

all you guys are doing is making the experienced players wait longer to conquer noobs. this is stupid, please change it back.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:03 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:02 pm
Posts: 1916
Location: New Jersey
Gender: male
Raid3r wrote:
What is this?? i dont care about the crystal at 30 power that makes sense. but 24 hours to build lv 5 structures??? ive never seen anyone use dragons in the first couple ticks i dont even know anyone that has ever built it in the first couple ticks. i dont know what u guys are talking about.

all you guys are doing is making the experienced players wait longer to conquer noobs. this is stupid, please change it back.

Then you obviously have not played long.

And these "noobs" are the future of this game, so you should lay off of them a little bit. You are so lucky I have homework to do, or youd probably get a 8 paragraph response.

I'll keep it simple. Battledawn is a free to play game. Its not only the newbs getting hurt from before this update, but experienced players as well. I'm experienced, and I dont boost as much, yet i can get wiped off the leaderboards by a heavy booster. When you say experienced you mean boosters. Now since this is free to play, they try their best to give everyone a good start.

This is just that. And they will not, at all, take anything you just said seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, visit the suggestions forum, start a topic, and see what the community says. If it gets enough support, and gets accepted, you can message an admin. I doubt even then they will do anything.

But calling anyone or anything stupid will just portray you as an immature person rather then someone who must be taken seriously.

kthxbai.

_________________
Image
1st Legion
Dum spiramus tuebimur - While we breathe, we shall defend

The fight awaits us, brethren, embrace it boldly, and without hesitation.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:28 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:33 pm
Posts: 739
Location: fantasy
Gender: male
targoon wrote:
Raid3r wrote:
What is this?? i dont care about the crystal at 30 power that makes sense. but 24 hours to build lv 5 structures??? ive never seen anyone use dragons in the first couple ticks i dont even know anyone that has ever built it in the first couple ticks. i dont know what u guys are talking about.

all you guys are doing is making the experienced players wait longer to conquer noobs. this is stupid, please change it back.

Then you obviously have not played long.

And these "noobs" are the future of this game, so you should lay off of them a little bit. You are so lucky I have homework to do, or youd probably get a 8 paragraph response.

I'll keep it simple. Battledawn is a free to play game. Its not only the newbs getting hurt from before this update, but experienced players as well. I'm experienced, and I dont boost as much, yet i can get wiped off the leaderboards by a heavy booster. When you say experienced you mean boosters. Now since this is free to play, they try their best to give everyone a good start.

This is just that. And they will not, at all, take anything you just said seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, visit the suggestions forum, start a topic, and see what the community says. If it gets enough support, and gets accepted, you can message an admin. I doubt even then they will do anything.

But calling anyone or anything stupid will just portray you as an immature person rather then someone who must be taken seriously.

kthxbai.

yes let us noobs win for once :)

and either way boosters will always have an advantage :p

_________________
-AP- GS
FMJ oVo
GS BFPT
HAHA
Image
Image


Skype name edwin7744 :D


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:38 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:04 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Behind you!
Okay, my issue isnt with the part of the update regarding the ammount of power needed to get the first crystal. My issue is with the time it takes to building a structure. Now I understand why it was made... but why jump from a half-an-hour time to get the structure, all the way to a full day? I heard this is how things were before... but then why they changed?

Now Im not saying the change shouldnt be made... but why not try an "in-between" first? Like, say, 4 hours or so. Perhaps 12 hours. But all the way to a full day? Wars are won in less than a day.

Plus, ppl with the means to get these structures (supporters) will get them in the frozen ticks, as ttotheoma pointed out earlier. And even if ticks arent frozen, this still gives an advantage just to the boosters. While it is true that activity is a key part of the game, this effectively shuns the casual player, who will definitely not wait a day to be able to literally blast away an enemy witht the in cannon, or to feel safe knowing a shield protects you for a while. I havent tried the damage/range structures, but I bet the time is also pretty high.

And this also gives a huge advantage to those who just spam the first unit they see (armor inf), early in the game, and to those accursed trolls. To everyone but the players who play, say, 3 full ours a day, check on thigs, make whatever structure they have available, attack or spam stuff, then leave. And again, Im not saying the idea is wrong, but rlly - a lower time could be tested, instead of making such a huge jump which will shun away a huge part of the BD community, rather than letting them adapt to the changes little by little, and testing its limits.

_________________
Image
Special thanks to Aister for the siggy!!!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:01 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:43 am
Posts: 1
for some reason the actual gameplay on earth 1 will reset my tabs on explorer before i can do anything of importance while im at school


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:29 am
Posts: 2
Gender: male
thnks,about time,thease changes will keep me playing ,instead of quiting because of frustration,of trying to compete with the token buyers,it equels the playing field nicely,thnks again,well done,cheers:}c you all on the battle field


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Updates! September 10th, 2011!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:50 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 am
Posts: 9
targoon wrote:
The thing is, they could get it much sooner if the times were not increased. Regardless of the times boosters get it fast, but atleast with this it takes a bit longer.


that is completly wrong..... boosters will get the structure same time as before while non-boosters get it 24hrs later. the boosters will build the range on tick 1 and usally worlds r frozen for 12 hrs. so when it starts u will have all the boosters with range while the non boosters getting range will be delayed 1 day


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl