It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:53 pm 
Captain
Captain

1. lol andrew replied 2 me both times, i feel special :mrgreen:

SoF wrote:
psg188 wrote:
Single tick is the original game, and it's most balanced for that speed. It's also the most competitive/strategic speed. Anyone who disagrees probably hasn't won a single tick world.

The game is meant to be won by outsmarting your enemy, not by your enemy going offline for 2 hours and missing an attack.

:lol: :lol: someone got inactive :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

well, what kane's trying to say is that:

- 1tick worlds are for perfectionist...one silly mistake can cause the team...
- need lots of brainstorming, planning...strategy, bla bla bla...
- Mainly, people who are working and are a big fan of BD goes here...(correct me if im wrong that is) this way, as what kane said, its balance..all got the time to check and play...and the best of all, LONG SLEEP!! woohoo...! :mrgreen:

I dunno, when i tried a 1 tick world, every time i went to check my worlds, i'd look at the 1 tick world and think "Eh, if i wait another 2 hours, it will only be 2 ticks, so i can come back later" then 2 hours later, i'd come back and think the same thing over and over... So it got kinda repetitive and i just stopped :lol:

3. Trevor... i'm really hating you right now cuz i find myself agreeing with you :x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:01 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

By adding so much time to certain buildings you are effectively preventing them from being built to defend an attack.

Someone can launch a nuke or an attack from 23 ticks and the defender does not have the ability to build an ion cannon or shield to defend.

If you actually made this change, was that the effect you were going for?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:03 pm 
Captain
Captain

how long exactly do these stage 4 and 5 buildings take now? i don't think they said did they?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:21 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13507

Stage 4: 12 hrs
Stage 5: 24 hrs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

:cry: i think 12 hours-24 hours is a bit to long, but oh well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Gives a big disadvantage in 3 tick worlds, but who knows?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

ninja0 wrote:
I still get enough sleep tho I play 3 tick p/ hour worlds. 8-)

well, trust me bro, i too dislike 1 tick world before.. ;)

the 1st time i tried 1 tick world...it lasted for less 100 ticks...i told admin to delete my colony there ASAP! :lol: :lol: being at bd for 21-48hrs..im thinking, hey!! it defeats my purpose here...

but when my teammate told me the who purpose of it..i decided to try again. HEY!! NICE!! :mrgreen: totally different..!!

its hard at first...in short no patients.. i could grab a minimum of 10 conquers at fast tick world, but at 1 tick world everyone's active, all are going for the same thing...and yes...u cant grab as much as you can..

you need a good team though... :mrgreen: its my 2nd time going at a 1tick world...so far so good...it was a blast..! :mrgreen: the two teams i joined AMAZED me.. ;)

-SoLdiErz of FoRtUnE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:39 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
There are some balance issues caused by boosts as they add artifical resources into the game. The issue with token farming like this is it puts a lot of resources in the hands of a single person in an extremely short amount of time. We had the cooldowns added for a reason because in the old client we had players who would drop hundreds of dollars on their colony in the first tick or buying back an entire army in a day as there was no cooldown on buying silver and bronze packages(For those that remember them ). This kind of burst of resources was the reason for cooldowns on all boosts.

How have we said that you don't have any advantage by using money? You can continually buy boosts if you keep buying tokens and if you bought a light and a large metal or oil boost every time it was off cooldown you could purchase 1,500,000 metal and oil over the course of a 3000 tick round, that doesn't include what you would earn from production, conquers, ufos, etc. Is that not enough advantage for those with money?

Andrew, the current system is fine as is. Your logic that sending tokens to team mates to buy resources for them creates an imbalance in the game is flawed. First of all, one person in the alliance doesnt send tokens to others ALL the time. I mostly play in teams where all 12/14 boost. So we dont send tokens ALL the time to each other. We do when there is a need. For example if one of us loses our armies then we send tokens to others to use their boosts. But since everyone of us boosts, it renders others incapable of boosting. So the total metal or oil that as an alliance that we would get, still remains the same. Because if not for sending tokens, the other person would have boosted on his own. So it really does not make a difference.

Secondly its a team game. Sharing resources and tokens should be possible.
This is why this rule in the ToS lacks foresight and is wrong.

Quote:
Earth 1 single tick
Earth 2 double tick
Earth 3 double tick
Earth 4 single tick

Mars 1 single tick
Mars 2 double tick

Fantasy 1 single tick
Fantasy 2 double tick

Rotates themes each era:
Rotation 1 triple tick
Rotation 2 solo
Rotation 3 events

I agree with this. Couple of changes I would make is remove Earth 3 double ticker, and add Earth 3 - 0.5tick/hour. And Add a Mars and Fantasy world with the same speed (If needed). If not, I would add M4 single tick :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:07 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

psg188 wrote:
Those people you mention are also the kind who only win by enemy inactivity. It turns BD from a strategy game to an action game. That's why single tick are better... a 2 hour per tick world would be even better.

Battledawn - The game where needing 1 hour to do the same things as others needs 30 minutes to do means you're the smarter one!

But seriously, Its a taste thing. I preferred 2 tick worlds when I played, not because I met less resistance, or hoped for the other alliance to be offline more ticks. I played them because I wanted ticks to pass by faster, as simple as that :lol:

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:33 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Well two hour ticks would be more balanced, but single tick is classic BD and what the game was originally designed for. That's just a fact, you should stick to your kongregate worlds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next