It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:46 pm 
Captain
Captain

This announcement is much in part to address the issues raised in this thread, please check it out for background info: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=13443

Ok so we've had a staff meeting(We often aren't all on at the same time but today we had all the primary admins plus our lead developer together :D) about this issue and a few others. Sunday we are planning to release an update, this update is about this issue and other imbalances around power users as well as farming.

The decision made from this meeting is that YES IT IS AGAINST THE RULES to send tokens to another player for the purpose of them buying a boost to send the resources to another player to get around the cooldowns on boosts. We feel that because the essential purpose of these actions are to evade the cooldown timers on boosts that this is being classified as abusing a loophole. Going forward we will be enforcing this and anyone found doing this will be warned/suspended depending on severity.

That said the update this weekend will have the following updates, #1 will address the above issue permanently:

1) We will be adding in a function to track and disallow metal/oil(Galaxy: minerals/gas, Fantasy: gold/wood) purchased with tokens to be sent to other players. More details on how exactly this system works will be provided once the coding is complete.

2) Crystals will be earned at power level 40 from now on instead of 20. With the changes we made to the way power is calculated over the last year or two it is fairly easy to achieve 20 power. This makes it far too easy for someone to farm crystals and as such we are doubling the requirement to 40 power. This will also help with newer players having more units to be able to better defend themselves once they do achieve the power requires to earn a crystal instead of losing it so quickly.

3) The first 100 ticks of a round are crucial, power gaming(Purchasing a lot of boosts with blue and/or red tokens) during this time gives a significant advantage as you can quickly build structures now with the reduced build times. To rebalance this to prevent power gamers having a serious advantage so fast with advanced units and tech we are going to increase the build time(Cost will be staying the same at this point) on some or all level 4 and 5 structures.

Feel free to give feedback and discuss these changes in this thread. These ideas are not yet fully finalized and community input as always will have a say in the development of Battle Dawn.

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

-Andrew

Post subject: Re: ToS clarifications and update planned for this weekend!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:55 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

I do like all ideas above except one the increased time it takes to build

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:00 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i hope you also thought of a way of making money without boosts.

psg188 wrote:
There are a few lessons to learn here:
#5 Don't fight Avi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I agree with shelton. How about no boosting allowed within first 25 ticks?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i dnt like the idea for 40power for a crystal at all i truly think is to high. maybe 30 power would be more reasonable. an no boosting first 25 ticks is ridiclous like come on if i want too boost i should be allowed

Last edited by ttotheoma on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm 
Captain
Captain

looks good to me, thank you BD staff for enforcing this rule. and making things balanced.

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Well another thing that could be done is a small nerf on the cooldowns, it would also help those lesser players out a bit. Maybe raise it up another 6-12 ticks.

From what i see on these updates, seems reasonable balancing issues are being solved. I have personally witnessed the cooldown voiding issue. Man, can you build heavily.

May I also suggest instead of 40 power, maybe at a 35? 40 in my mind seems a bit high.

I somewhat do and don't like the increase in build times, but i think that will slow down those power boosters, so i think it will be for the greater good.

Overall, seems like stuff that needed to be dealt with. Nice update.

E4-LR, NANC, GDZL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm 
Private
Private

so they can send u tokens like if your low in power right

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This must be the stupidest update yet in BD. Glad you guys managed to all sit together and come up which such nonsense. Clearly alone you could not possibly conjure such utter uselessness.

First and foremost, once i buy tokens with my money and thus pay your salaries and support all of BD what I do with them is my own business. Especially sending them to my alliance teammates. The few mature BD players left after all the nonsense admins pulled lately are gonna leave now for sure after basically restricting them from using their own hard paid resources.

BD admin reasoning never ceases to amaze me...Michael must really be into S&M and bankruptcy otherwise I cannot possibly understand why he would condone such clueless detrimental actions that will lead to his hard built business falling apart.

The power 40 I do not care about, all it will do is lead to fewer crystals and so less power overall...it will do little or nothing to stop power farming as such.

The increased time for high level buildings is again another absolute nonsense, in the true spirit of communism, utopic equal societies and fairy God mothers. Why don't you simply take out the boosts completely and have everyone have 5 squads max? Simple and effective...everyone is equal, BD goes bankrupt faster and less painful than the way you are destroying it now with your ideas based on 0 business acumen, 0 entrepreneurship spirit and 0.5 vision.

Thank you for reinforcing my decision to stay out of this circus. However I had to write this on behalf of the good players still giving this great game you are constantly making worse a chance.

Most crystals: 1067
Veni vidi vici

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 pm 
Private
Private

I agree with Dameon of zamore
You should have a vote for this lets see what the BD people say about this.

I dont get it you should be happy your making money and people are buyng your reds dont change the rules i dont care about getting a crystal when u have 40 power that is fair

I used to boost billions in my old account and i started to boost here in my new account aswell but forget that u can go bankcurpt

If you change thhese rules i quit BD

Last edited by battle321 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next