It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Supporter Treatment
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:24 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Tom, the bottom line is that people have to be treated fairly. BD rules as is, cant be "simply accepted". Rules HAVE to be written in stone and punishments for said violations, set in stone. You cannot run an organization based on personal opinions and notions. Its because of that reason, that no admin can ever satisfy a player, or give a proper explanation for his actions.

I agree when you say, if 4 farms are considered a violation, suddenly everyone will have 3 farms. I agree when you say, people will always find a way to break rules. Yes they will. But you still have to have rules set in stone. If a player does not meet that criteria, dont ban him. You might suspect someone is cheating, and it may be true, but its just a suspicion nevertheless. If cast iron proof cannot be given, for a player cheating, then dont ban him.

Admins are not here to ban players. They are here to make sure that the game is not abused. Asking 3 or 4 friends to build does NOT amount to abuse. You may ask, what amounts to abuse then. I dont have an answer. Its for that very reason, that rules against farming are absurd and need to be removed. This game at the core, is a game of alliances and as such depend on how many friends you have on a server. I dont see anything wrong with a person using his colony to provide resources for another, if that is the role he wants to play in an alliance. Everyone has their role to play, and that right should not be tampered with. Especially because of subjective decisions, vague rules and notions. Just remove that rule from the ToS.

BD policy today towards what is a violation and what isnt, is WRONG and its ABUSIVE. Many a time results in Admins misusing their powers and I have seen it time and time again. BD policy today is abused by the so called honest players, who "read meanings" into vague rules, getting their enemies ingame banned. These are not acceptable. A change of rules is clearly in order and MUST occur, for people to have a less restrictive, open ended game to play with. Otherwise, I just dont see BD going very far.

Peace out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Again the same circle u loop in bro. One time, youre standing in this point, some pages after youre on the oposite side...

And I agree with what Tom said: we can only see one side of the decisions, and we judge based on that. Well I dont like 2, but I cant say Ive perfectly done impartial judgements all the time... although I try to be objective in all of my arguments. But I feel like youre being subjective here - that converges with your opinion of having rules "set in stone" as then, when some1 else felt they were abuse, theyd have to be changed again according to what you said.

What I dont agree with Tom is in that we should simply "accept" it. Even if theyre wrong, these kind of arguments can put needling doubts, opinions and controversies up to the test, and also show why the rules should stay (if its truly right). And perhaps in some extreme cases, it can show a wrongfully done rule, or a misinterpretation of it. Also, show gaps between them. Mindless obedience isnt neceessarily good 4 BD either ;)

So if you dont know why the rules are set, you can always ask what is their use. But dont be so single minded: after all, all youve got are opinions VS the rules set by the guys who run the game. Its good 2 stand by what you believe in, but not to do so thinking your idea is flawless, specially when you know 4 a fact they probably know all the aspects of the theme better than you. Try getting them 2 believe in you, not 2 step over them. Anyways, I agree in part with you mfreak... just not in near all of it. And the way you put forward the idea doesnt convince me one bit. So Im staying in my position. And I think Im also off this topic... got a couple of eras to worry about xD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:45 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

That is because you dont understand what I am trying to talk about. Read all posts then you will know. To make it simple here is the gist of things:

1. Treat everyone equally. Also show consideration when its a person that spends money. That does not however mean non boosters should not be respected, show them the same consideration and I am okay with that. But most importantly respect supporters and keep those customers with you.

2. I dont want ANY judgement calls by any admin. Judgement calls are a matter of personal opinion, and when used to ban a player who spends a lot, is just not fair.

3. Have rules set in stone for EVERY violation. Do not ban a player if you cant provide cast iron proof even if you know through experience that the guy is PROBABLY cheating.

4. Remove stupid rules like Farming, Token Farming etc. A person asking 1 friend to build for resources, does not abuse the game. A person asking 100 friends to build, is abusing the game. But then again, you cant set numbers for it. So remove the rule altogether. There is nothing wrong if I build somewhere and help a friend win by giving him resources etc. I should be free to use my colony the way I see fit.

5. The guys who run the game show a disconnect in understanding about how things are ingame. So the problem here is, that I know aspects of the game better than the admins. So do others who have played this game for a long time. Admining a game does not mean someone knows better than people who actually play it. You have to understand this. Its okay if you dont agree, but its important that you learn to think practically and not ideally. Idealism never sells.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10