It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Operation "Fast And Furious"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Seth wrote:
I fear our constitutional republic is doomed. :(

and it took you till just know to realize that

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 am 
Captain
Captain

I agree completely however I do not really feel that it is a republic. If it was 2000 would have been the year of president Gore and not President Bush. Our votes would actually count, not the votes of the electoral college.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:54 am 
Major
Major

also i may be wrong but dont we have a seperate budget for military affairs?

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:50 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

GerberBaby1 wrote:
Our votes would actually count, not the votes of the electoral college.

unfortunately no they dont the electoral college determines the winner
until an amendment passes that changes that its stuck

littleconqueror wrote:
also i may be wrong but dont we have a seperate budget for military affairs?

yes but the money for that budget has to come from somewhere

Gate of Babylon
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

bork9128 wrote:
GerberBaby1 wrote:
Our votes would actually count, not the votes of the electoral college.

unfortunately no they dont the electoral college determines the winner
until an amendment passes that changes that its stuck

I said they don't. If you read the full post or even the previous sentence I said that this is not a republic which is what seth said. I said that IF it was a republic then our vote WOULD count and not the votes of the electoral college.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:10 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Should we have gone into Iraq? yes.

Why? :?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:46 pm 
Captain
Captain

Here you can find quotes that support my argument. However this site also have quotes that work against it so I want you to see both sides. Every war has its pros and cons. Every war has its protesters and "haters".
http://usiraq.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=1318

The point is that Saddam lead a corrupt government that violated many human rights acts. That is why we should have overthrown him.

The US is the main force fighting terrorism in the world because most terrorism is directed towards us. However you cannot forget the people in the countries that we are fighting in. THEY are the true casualties of the war. If our war was not just then the majority of the people would not have aided us.

Be it as it may we have very few allies in the middle east, against terrorism in the middle east. We had egypt and that was pretty much it. We had to gain political favor from countries in the middle east. Over throwing Saddams corrupt government and instituting a pro US democracy in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Won us the support of the majority of the Iraqi people and they have aided us in our counter terrorism efforts.

Prime ministers of Iraq have thanked us and said numerous times that they understood the troubles we have gone through during this, that they appreciate it and that we made the right decision.

I am heading to a movie right now so I can't type more but I will add more when I get back

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Even with the pros you can't deny that USA got into the war on false grounds, sold to the Americans not as a way to free a country ruled by a dictator, but as a way to defend their self from a country with (non existing) weapons of mass destruction.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:05 pm 
Captain
Captain

I said they did in my first post. Mfreak just quoted me out of context.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:26 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You cannot justify the war on Iraq, citing that Saddam Hussein violated human rights. How can you justify bombing a whole country to (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..), and then state that Saddam Hussein violated human rights? Bombing a country to nothing is a bigger violation of human rights lol. On top of all the torture scandals.

Now Operation Iraqi Freedom was just a farce. Do you think the US is gonna spend billions of dollars on Iraq in return for nothing and "helping" the Iraqi citizens out? No. The war was not about weapons of mass destruction in the first place or about helping the Iraqi citizens or even about terrorism. That was a reason needed to get into the war. The real reason was oil. Iraq is probably the second major oil producer in the middle east, so the country was invaded, its infrastructure destroyed, its government overthrown, and a puppet pro american democratic government installed to dance to the whims and fancies of the United States. That is the hard truth, and it is shameful. So many people have been killed in Iraq that it is almost a genocide, and the whole war is illegal.

The only organizations profiting from it, is the American corporates. You invade a nation, destroy it, and you rebuild it. Install a puppet government there and make the govt do whatever you want them to do. In addition, export food grains and other essential commodities, since industry in that particular country is destroyed, making more money. War is an industry my friend. Therefore there are no pros to this war. Only cons. lol.

Secondly, terrorism can never be fought against. Terrorism is a tactic. You are not dealing with homicidal maniacs when it comes to terrorists, rather a group of individuals who will use violent methods as a means to further their political agenda, by taking on the worlds most powerful country. Can you deny that america does not use terrorism as a tactic? No you cant. America does. Not for religious reasons, but for political and financial gain.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next