It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's encourage Sub abuse!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:22 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Thank you guys

I'm glad there players that felt the same way as me. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
I likewise felt the offer of becoming a sub, though offered by a good friend, was a direct assault on the integrity of my own alliance's name, which has gone through a lot and I am very proud of.

Subs are not only an insult to you, its also an insult to the purpose of the game. COMPETE to WIN!! Every team playing should play to win, or atleast play to attain a higher rank. Not work for another alliance to win.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:26 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
I likewise felt the offer of becoming a sub, though offered by a good friend, was a direct assault on the integrity of my own alliance's name, which has gone through a lot and I am very proud of.

Subs are not only an insult to you, its also an insult to the purpose of the game. COMPETE to WIN!! Every team playing should play to win, or atleast play to attain a higher rank. Not work for another alliance to win.

qft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:26 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

From being in KST for my brief 100 tick stay, I can honestly understand why you guys have railed so vehemently against sub use.

You embody all of the very horribly negative aspects of sub abuse that you supposedly disagree with so much when you do have a sub.

That's so hypocritical I can't even begin to ...

Whatever buds...

An alliance is like a family. You can't treat it like that. :( That was horrible

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:46 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

being honest subs are in the end almost useless. now do not get me wrong there has been very good subs. but most of the time they end up being inactive, having spys in it, and just take conquers, crystals, and resource ops that the main could have. if you want a sub i think you should just get a brother alliance.
1. they are usually filled with active skilled players
2. if you help them one era to win they will do the same for you on another era
3. you usually dnt need to worry about wasting conquers and crystals with a brother alliance cause they will put it to good use.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:27 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i'm sorry you feel mistreated, twilight. I honestly am, but I stand by my decisions. You are a good leader. You care for your members, but maybe too much. Darklighter immediately scouted several inactives that should have been kicked. We wanted the sub to be a force in m4 and quite simply, that was not achieved. The sub didn't even expand, which was ridiculous. Your territory was a 3 tick distance from your hive. Rank 8 in m4 is not the alliance we want to be our sub. Rank 8 in m4 is not the 'strong sub' we were hoping to achieve. Rank 8 in m4 is free crystals.

Let me just tell you that appointing you as a sub leader was NOT a popular decision, not with members in the main, not with members in the sub. I stuck my neck out for you, and then when you failed to demonstrate the leadership capabilities we needed, when I urgently needed several members to be recruited, I asked darklighter to take over as interim leader. While the rank increase to #4 could be attributed to the joining of several key members, the sub has finally started expanding and has started to become what we want it to be. I'm sorry that you couldn't be online when I asked dark to take over. I needed alliance invites sent to strong players who wanted to join and had other options open to them, and although I can't comment on your leadership because I was not there, a change in leadership was, I think, the right choice. You had the players who wanted to be in a strong alliance, those messages to me from your sub proved that. You failed to do anything with it.

Once again, I'm sorry that it came to this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:31 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Duo... I can't create an army out of thin air and neither can my members. We did not have access to an army or even a basic colony build by tick 100, and you replaced me as leader around tick 90! How are we supposed to be a force on M4 without laying the proper foundations?

A good 2/3 of the players you ordered me to recruit, you then ordered Darklighter to kick, blaming their ineptness on me.

The best player we had was transferred out of KST alliance within 2 days of the server start.

I will not apologize for having a life outside of BattleDawn. I had left the alliance with instructions on how to behave. Those who didn't have the resources to conquer would be building up to it and those who did have the resources would be in the process of relocating and moving south...

Though you know me and my leadership styles and activity levels you didn't even have faith enough to allow you to trust me over some random strangers you won't name.
Haven ordered me to drop my room mate from the alliance.
Darklighter actually did kick my brother out of the alliance.

Forgive me if my remarks are disparaging but loyalty and trust are things I apparently value more than you. Power is great if you can manage it but it can be a fickle mistress especially in these early immature stages.

What more did you want from me bro? I would have been there for it if you had only waited for me to catch up to ya.

@ttotheoma
I agree. I think my vision of a sub alliance is what you are considering a Brother alliance. The way Duo ran it, my alliance was chopped up from the inside and the positions sold to the highest bidder, before it could even establish itself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:17 pm 
Captain
Captain

1. I suggested NOT having twilight lead the sub because i have never seen him play or lead an alliance before and it turned out that I was completely right.

2. A good sub leader does not get 5 of his members conquered in the first 40 ticks of the era.

3. A good sub leader has to be the most active member of the alliance and twilight was not active. I don't care wether you have a life or not twilight. That doesn't matter as a sub leader. If you are not active then that is your choice and not ours. You forced our hand.

4. You don't recruit a sub leader who starts a thread about sub abuse. You just don't!

5. A good sub leader listens to his leader (main alliance leader)without question. A good member listens to his leader without question.

6. When you get kicked from an alliance twilight. You don't slander them. Especially when you leave on account of your own actions. Leave with grace and dignity and you leave with respect. Leave angrily and you lose the small amount of respect you get.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

~~Haven's views do not necessarily represent mine or TSK's~~
~~CAUTION: The cup of hot coffee you are holding may be hot~~

If it takes you 90 ticks to establish a territory of 3 ticks around your hive, that sucks.
I never ordered Dark to kick them. Dark came to me and told me they were inactive. You should have done the same.
Yes...members of the sub were transferred to the main. Erm...is there a problem?
Everyone has a life outside of BD. I take whole days off to have some fun in real life. You were not kicked for inactivity. You were kicked *at that moment without me having a talk with you* because that's just the way it turned out. I need invites sent, you weren't there. Otherwise, I would've had a talk with you before that.
Oh god...IF I KICKED EVERYONE HAVEN TOLD ME TO KICK, WE'D HAVE AROUND 5 PEOPLE LEFT IN TSK. -.- I gave you express permission to ignore Haven, not because I don't trust you, Haven, but because, let's face it, you're a bit kick-happy.
Meh. Whatever you say dude.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

daerduo wrote:
~~Haven's views do not necessarily represent mine or TSK's~~

or anyone (including me) outside TSK for that matter on certain points

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next