It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

How should nuke strike damage be handled?
Poll ended at Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 am
Option 1 - Parked & Escaping squads only affected by nuke blast 56%  56%  [ 182 ]
Option 2 - Parked & All squads within 1 tick distance affected by nuke blast 39%  39%  [ 126 ]
I don't like either option 5%  5%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 325
 Post subject: Re: Community Feedback Needed: Nukes
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Spyda wrote:
I understand both arguments, and I am voting for option 2.

Both sides have good points, but fact is in war and tactics there are somethings you simply can't control. If a change is made to the system it will be very easily abused.

For example. I come on to find a nuke 2 ticks from my colony "OH NOES!!!" guess I should've been more active. Too late now.

HOWEVER thanks to the new system If implemented I send all my defending army out. The tick then passes.

And I turn them around and they head back to my colony in "returning" status and land the same time as the nuke and avoid all damage.

I dislike the fact it gives sub-abusers another tool. But I think this is just a clever way to force someone into a corner. The game kinda needs this. Since it's far easier to defend than attack.

But if it is changed it won't be the end of Battle Dawn by any means. The game as a whole will stay the same.
I don't think you understand what you're voting for. You are NOT voting for nukes that will strike troops landing with the nuke - the ONLY thing that will change is that ALL troops that are ONE TICK away from the target will be effected.

Which means, if you vote option one the the ONLY thing that will change is:

Troops LEAVING the target on the status 'Returning to Origin'

And if you vote for option two the ONLY thing you will change that:

Troops attacking a target ONE TICK behind the nuke will be effected.

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

psg188 wrote:
snakey wrote:
Option 2 :)

as u told me before Andrew.. its legal and smart to take advantage and disadvantage of BD playing system.

i dont find it fair to change this system after 4-5 years of playing it.. only because someone cried about it or that part of the system didnt serve their goals.

i Believe that a nuke can damage all squads at 1 tick radius isnt an easy tactic to do ( for some ) and alot still dont know how it works lol.

I hope topics like this shouldnt be made.. i mean changing the old system that we all got used to. lets talk about adding something new instead ;p

Both options affect squads with 1 tick radius. The difference is Option 2 lets you get hurt by nukes you can't ion because they aren't hitting your outpost/colony.

I think everyone voting for Option 2 doesn't realize what the difference is.

pfff.. i know whats the difference between option 1 and 2...

i also know that WAW ally brought this topic up.. cuz of the nuke launched by UWS and hit BOPE's colony which that lead to damage waw 222 squads.

it dosent matter.. i still think option 2 is the best.. maybe u cant ion the missile but u can still turn ur squads back ;p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:52 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

"Just turning your squads back" Can turn the tide of the war; the winners of war in Battle Dawn should not be decided by abusive alliances nuking eachother in order to make it impossible to conquer eachother.. Seriously. -.-

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:02 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 YIM  Profile

I think its stupid to have the nuke hurt the attackers units when they leave from the colony they just attacked. Its like a clean get away that you see in movies all the time when they fly away from a blast lol. Back in the old client i think the nukes blast hit you for up to 2 ticks. No one really liked that to much.

It would also be nice for the nukes to be made in 12 ticks instead of 24 lol. no one likes to sit around waiting a day or day and a half for a few nukes to build while protecting them lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ferr3t wrote:
"Just turning your squads back" Can turn the tide of the war; the winners of war in Battle Dawn should not be decided by abusive alliances nuking eachother in order to make it impossible to conquer eachother.. Seriously. -.-

dont expect to win a war easily :) most of ya who's discussing here are old legends.. dont know why u stayed quiet all those years and just popped out now with this topic lol

hmm i thought nukes should be a strategic weapon.. dont ruin things up pros! :p

viva nukes with effective radiation :p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Dude. This is more of a BUG than anything, nukes were never intended to damage the offencive side.. I don't understand how allowing this bug (that has now been uncovered) to continue.. I can see MASSIVE amounts of abuse in the future if this is allowed to continue.

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Ferr3t wrote:
Dude. This is more of a BUG than anything, nukes were never intended to damage the offencive side.. I don't understand how allowing this bug (that has now been uncovered) to continue.. I can see MASSIVE amounts of abuse in the future if this is allowed to continue.

no its not a bug.. and it shouldnt be called a bug.. its been the same thing since my first day at bd 4 years ago.. unless i have Alzheimer already :)

changing this part of the game will take out a part of BD flavor :(

:p

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
maybe u cant ion the missile but u can still turn ur squads back ;p

If that's the case, why do we have ion cannon at all? If it's easy to just dodge the nuke why have a feature designed to counter them?

If we keep this bug, any time a nuke goes at a colony I'm attacking suddenly I have to turn around, because who knows how long a shield is charged. That's ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Ferr3t wrote:
Spyda wrote:
I understand both arguments, and I am voting for option 2.

Both sides have good points, but fact is in war and tactics there are somethings you simply can't control. If a change is made to the system it will be very easily abused.

For example. I come on to find a nuke 2 ticks from my colony "OH NOES!!!" guess I should've been more active. Too late now.

HOWEVER thanks to the new system If implemented I send all my defending army out. The tick then passes.

And I turn them around and they head back to my colony in "returning" status and land the same time as the nuke and avoid all damage.

I dislike the fact it gives sub-abusers another tool. But I think this is just a clever way to force someone into a corner. The game kinda needs this. Since it's far easier to defend than attack.

But if it is changed it won't be the end of Battle Dawn by any means. The game as a whole will stay the same.
I don't think you understand what you're voting for. You are NOT voting for nukes that will strike troops landing with the nuke - the ONLY thing that will change is that ALL troops that are ONE TICK away from the target will be effected.

Which means, if you vote option one the the ONLY thing that will change is:

Troops LEAVING the target on the status 'Returning to Origin'

And if you vote for option two the ONLY thing you will change that:

Troops attacking a target ONE TICK behind the nuke will be effected.

See You're only looking at one perspective. If my guys are going anywhere, and I turn them around they get the status of "RETURNING TO ORIGIN" and thereby become immune to nukes. Hence easily abused.

Both options have a way to misuse them, however I don't think this was so bad the way it was before. However, it may get much worse now that it's here for everyone to see and try.

It's very possible that we will now start seeing "you nuke me, I nuke you. No nobody can touch us" type defenses. and that would be a problem.

Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I don't see how this debate matters regarding returning origin, if you're in the target 1 tick before the nuke arrives you get hurt. Otherwise you match ETA with the nuke and don't get hurt. Simple.

The only special case is when the target is a hostile colony and you can't ion the nuke. Perhaps we should add a case where I can ion nukes incoming to colonies conquered by my alliance, therefore I'd be able to take it out as if it was my outpost.

Anything else is purely bad game design.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next