It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

1.) No trolling. If you cant have fun without being a jerk to others, find some other forum to QQ
2.) No inappropriate/vulgar/sexually explicit posting. Staff reserves the right to deem anything they see fit as inappropriate.
3.) Have fun and don't post anything not geared at having fun!
4.) Please respect staff members and their decisions at all times. If you cannot accept a staff or moderator decision, please appeal to admin Seth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next
 Post subject: History of Spam
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

[History of Spam]

Spam is divided into 5 generations, each divided according to its unique history and members...
  • 0th / 1st Generation
  • 2nd Generation
  • 3rd Generation
  • 4th Generation
  • 5th Generation (Present)

It's really important to note that these events can never repeat themselves again. ever again.

[0th / 1st Generation]
(??? - April 2010)
In the beginning there was nothing... nothing but the mere clicks of the OC. And then the inevitable happened. It was the unknown yet mysteriously genius people of ancient civilization of Lemuria, who decided to give way for a Spam section. It was, at the time, in an old forum, when there was no such thing as black and black, and the forums were covered in white.

The important thing is that there were "2 Generations of Spam"... there was the 0th Generation, ruled by the REALLY old people like Lord Panawa, etc. (please expand on this) and then it happened...in June, 2009, a massive apocalypse hit all of Spam. Yes, and just like that, Spam did reset. While it didn't really had an effect on its prevailing style at the time (being English / European humor), this is the first recorded instance of a real generation, dubbed by me (personally) as the 1st Gen., or by other people as the Old Generation. It was the time where notable people, namely, Kenny, simmen, Zudamar, melfice, brent, Numair, alexanderkitty, redroin, Oracle, Routhy (now Tom), Son, and many many others who ruled Spam with nothing short on an iron fist, ruling Spam with so many wars and so many religions. Just take note of Pie'nism, Melfinism, Cak'ism, and many others. Don't forget the other reset that occured merely 6 months after it. (maybe I'm wrong. simmen, edit this part)

Edit Log
Spoiler:
(06/09/11) ronelm2000 made first edit.
Added Zud

[2nd Generation]
(April 2010 - August 2010)
It was already predicted that there would be a time when Spam would eventually die out, given the circumstances. They knew that there will be a time when people would start leaving Spam for RL (it does not exist I tell you :evil: ) So, simmen and Kenny, Zudamar compromised for this, advertising Spam especially in the times of 2010. This, in April - May, eventually came to be the 2nd Gen, a different band of people with very different styles from the 1st Gen (Neo-Japanese). These people included, DemonSlayerThe3rd [Note: she (according to declared gender) is actually from 1st Gen and the only hybrid to actually change styles from Old Gen to Neo-Japanese], ronelm2000 (me), DoOrDie, Soirem, IQ, ZeR47, goldenpaw, empirebattles.com, and inco... and of course many many many others... This came along with the arrival of heap loads of pointless topics, which includes and is not limited to: counting games, lots of pointless chat topics, anime-style RPGs, and so on. This, along with confidential issues within the other side of BD (DemonSlayerThe3rd is involved), eventually led to the Great Spam War, with me, DemonSlayerThe3rd, ... on one side, and Kenny, Winters (alexanderkitty), Venstro, ... on the other side, causing quite a large amount of casualties, including DemonSlayerThe3rd's "permanent" leave and "permanent" ~ indefinite is better ~ banning of two frontier members of their side: me (on the Neo-Japanese side) and Winters (on the Old Gen side).

On the bright side, it was also the time (near the end of 2nd Gen) where the Great Day, Spam Day (or Spam Week), occurred. It brought over many members to Spam, most of which now became the 3rd Generation.

Notes:
... means that it's absolutely not complete.

Edit Log
Spoiler:

[3rd Generation]
(August 2010 - January 2011)
It was a time, probably one of the most inactive times in Spam. ever. It was a time when the inactiveness of two frontier members took thier toll. While Ponk, maxattack, TheMasterofGames (or TMOG), Polabear, w1ll, teller, Dawnice, BlackRevolution, pleebait and many others took their turns in Spam, still it was a depressing time for all: even to the point where Kenny finally ragequit Spam in December and TMOG frequently becoming inactive, resulting in a Spam-wide depression. Winters returned around November (I think). This was the shortest generation ever (in terms of Spam expansion), because of its very depressing history.
Around this time, humor style is a mix of American, English, and Japanese humor (which is the prevailing style today).

Edit Log
Spoiler:

[4th Generation]
(January 2011 - May 2011)
Oh God, 4th Gen. (Well it's not really surprising. =P) On January, ronelm2000 officially returns as 2012, of course, with permissions from Steven (Why didn't he just unban my account ~ dunno... maybe because it has over 3k posts. XD) and requests from TMOG (who, later in history, reveals himself as DemonSlayerTh3rd). While having me back on the Spam team is quite good (as several influences outside of BD have made me quite a more knowledgeable about communities) It was a time when I would have started disintegrating the Spam Caste system that existed for so long (I tell you, during those times, being on a lower Gen means supremacy and bullying) often utilizing the new style of Spam to bring about members from all generations. Of course this partially failed, due in part to several of my own mistakes. =P The first History of Spam topic is made (by me) and teller eventually becomes mod. (I really hated myself that time for not turning to a mod as well XD).

Other than my vain efforts, while the in-activeness in Spam continued for quite a while (usually because of occasional leave of TMOG and teller), a few notable spammers have gotten in: people like WhatILacked, Ferr3t *waves hands to him*, the returning Rotag, joash, and some others. Most of the Old Gen have quitted during this time, including redroin (although I occassionally find him) and Winters. TMOG, after his revelation as DemonSlayerThe3rd, started her Project Hybrid, noted for the much needed revival of 2nd Gen topics. =P March and mid-April was mostly a time when I was quite inactive though (having RL issues), and it was in mid-April when my laptop broke down. simmen (Gen 1) (technically) returning April, however, filled my gap a bit, and Soirem (Gen 2) made a few visits. Still, plans for the Spam Day continued on as planned. Several RPs spawned out, including my own version of the Alien Attack, which I called Galactic Insignia and Mafia Wars). Unknown to me however, something would happen in May that would change everything...

Edit Log
Spoiler:
(06/10/11) ronelm2000 made first edit.

[5th Generation]
(May 2011 - May 2012)
Everything was as is: a bit dead, but still hoping for the best. TMOG at the time was still busy preparing for the big week called Spam Day. But an unexpected event occured, ending 4th Gen almost ubruptly. It was due in part to people like Seth and simmen, and, just like that, Spam was deleted (along with the VERY old topics in it, including the very old ban game and Count to 250 before a Mod Resets it, along with the 4th Gen made History of Spam (which had a lot more accuracy than this one =( ). As a result, Spam went on a short revolution, along with TMOG's ragequit. *cries for TMOG* This reset though, was of quite a good sign, as this attracted new members, such as Tenkai, GerberBaby, SARTHAKROCKS0, saskue55, scopfragger, Isabelle, daerduo, ninja0, and Boultonn. A few returning members include ZeR47 (from Gen 2) and LordPanawa (from Gen 1).

This trend continued on up to September, and while a few issues DID come out (the most notable one was the Token Farming issue), Spam did grow, albeit slowly. New members such as shelton added to the tenacity of Spam. Numair (Gen 1), goldenpaw (Gen 2), Dawnice (Gen 3), OmegaXII (Gen 1/2), targoon (Gen 2), empirebattles (Gen 2), and many others returned to Spam. RPs got a bit bland, with exceptions of the newest RP at the time called Turn51, Spam Village, and the ever-classic Zombie apocalypse. Topics are almost as pointless as ever, and while most of the old topics got revived, 1-4 word posts are still a given.

And thus came 2012. As predicted by the Mayan Calendar, and several of our furry friends from all over the Globe, 2012 became a near disaster for the entire Spam continuum. Instead of the Spam increasing, Spam continued to decrease in activity, albeit it was as steady as it was. There WAS a notable who came along Spam to actually stay a bit and lurk, and that's Ilona, who seemed to have a short interest in everything spammy. However, the only Historian, ronelm2000 (or 12) being unable to record this dire moment, mysteriously left Spam in around June, 2012 to start the biggest unrecorded hole in the entire Spam history. (That will hopefully be filled soon.)

[The Dark Age]
(May 2012 - December 2012)
(To Be Continued.)

Edit Log
Spoiler:
(12/31/12) Edit after a loooong time.
(08/14/11) Teller added some stuff
(06/14/11) ronelm2000 added a few new members.
(06/10/11) ronelm2000 made first edit.
(08/15/11) ? edited the last part.

[Prevailing Spam Style]
30% Japanese
25% Internet Memes
20% American
10% English
10% Random (other than above)
05% Korean (teller *cough*)

[Noted Mini-Spammers]
irelevantnames
Evan
CommanderMatrix

Last edited by ronelm2012 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: History of Spam
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 am 
Captain
Captain

Aha see I joined on the very last day of third gen. U know what this means right? Im the spamming Massiah!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 am 
Captain
Captain

ronelm2012 wrote:
Pedobear

Should be 'Polabear'.

You want a sticky?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Baby, you are 4th gen. 3rd gen was way back. And you left out goldenpaw. And I was considered late 2nd gen. Not 3rd gen. And If Im 3rd gen, pblee,blackrev and the rest should be 4th gen.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 pm 
Captain
Captain

Said 3rd Gen ended January of 2011 which eans that I brought about the end since that is when I joined.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:48 pm 
Major
Major

Do you seriously need to make this again?

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

Numair Mujeeb wrote:
Do you seriously need to make this again?

Numair he's proving I'm the jesus of spammers. Of course he does.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

PFFFFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHA oops

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:52 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
Again?!?!?!?

Retired player, trying to come back again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:53 pm 
Captain
Captain

maxattack wrote:
Again?!?!?!?

Shhh max. Continue prophesizing about me ronelm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 815 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next