It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: e4 is dead
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:19 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

saskue55 wrote:
Its just that MGH boosts a lot. Even though an alliance with skill may pop up, their skill wont be able to overshadow the amount that MGH boosts.

This is a common complaint about boosting, but I'm convinced that the right leader and the right team could be a real contender. I've done a little experimenting and I think that a team made up of people with activity levels similar to mine and voting every day to earn blue tokens could pull off a respectable finish without boosting. It'd be an interesting experiment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:38 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I can't think of an era that was won due to boosting entirely, I'm sure it's happened but usually the activity always makes the difference.

Return, what you said made no sense. If you don't want to settle for boosting you should have attacked MGH instead of trying to attack Mint. Unless you think a brand new team without boosters that isn't trying to win is the 'real' threat to your success.

From what you said, attacking Mint with MGH was your way to get 1st place... I think that's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 am 
Captain
Captain

psg188 wrote:
I can't think of an era that was won due to boosting entirely, I'm sure it's happened but usually the activity always makes the difference.

Return, what you said made no sense. If you don't want to settle for boosting you should have attacked MGH instead of trying to attack Mint. Unless you think a brand new team without boosters that isn't trying to win is the 'real' threat to your success.

From what you said, attacking Mint with MGH was your way to get 1st place... I think that's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Activity is absolutely necessary, but I've not seen a pure non-supporter alliance win on any main server since what, middle of the OC? If I'm wrong let me know, but it's just how I've observed the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:19 am 
Captain
Captain

psg188 wrote:

M winning M2 4 eras ago. You may disagree but I feel it was entirely due to boosting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:17 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Boosting is so common it would be a real effort to find one that has 0 boosters, or it would have to be done on purpose. That's why it's rare to see.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:25 pm 
Captain
Captain

Ohh i luv boosters. It seperates tthe good players from the bad. If there is a booster in like rank 50 you know he's a terrible player and not to pla wth him again. And they are great to play with for the most part. They start out quick in servers. Although u do come across the occasional jerk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I came here this round as really a spectator, just day by day build and attack..
Now im in No.2 alliance, somehow beng invited in, and we were going to war against Kane and look what happens.
LOOK!!
they are now marked blue..

wtf is wrong with the newbs of today??
it (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) me.!!
why play and donate to just get a notch on ur belt, play to destroy all.
thats how a name is earned, not by fence sitting.

MGHs win will warrant no respect if its an idle win

No.1 Everytime
2005-2008
2013- Earth 3 EmineNc3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

eminence who are you on earth 4 then? you must be in AOD with me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

TheReturnOfTheDead wrote:
E4 was a waste of my time.

Hence the reason why I didn't care that i sucided my army into GOLD at the end even tough I could of conquered most of them without losing a single unit.

Anyhow, as you see. AOD was going to war MGHo. Then Mint got one of our members and one of MGHo's members. They became the real threat of the era. So AOD and MGH wanted to knock off Kane. We all got into postion then the next thing you know the war is called off. This era was a waste, I would rather get beat by Kane then settle for second.

^^
i like this guy. id rather go out in a blaze of glory rather than just make deals and build...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Eminence wrote:
I came here this round as really a spectator, just day by day build and attack..
Now im in No.2 alliance, somehow beng invited in, and we were going to war against Kane and look what happens.
LOOK!!
they are now marked blue..

*CENSORED* is wrong with the newbs of today??
it *CENSORED* me.!!
why play and donate to just get a notch on ur belt, play to destroy all.
thats how a name is earned, not by fence sitting.

MGHs win will warrant no respect if its an idle win

first off i appologize about the double post, ill seek to consolidate in the future, but i have to chime in on this point

ill admit i buy tokens here and there, (at my job there is no way i can afford to "buy" into the ranks, most of its activity, and blues, after the tokens are used up) but when i do buy tokens, its agriavteing to see them esseantally wasted when allies turn on you when someone with a few more "notches" (like kevin in most of teh e4 situations) in his belt comes along, like i thougt was gunna happen with mint.

not a whole lot you can do though other than gripe about it, bds gotta make its bank some place i just wish there was some way to regulate activity a bit more.

btw, not to start off gripeing or anything, i knew this was comeing but it looks like its a sub whos going to be getting our relic.
its just plain out sad to see pawns being used for a win, but i told arif to come get some so ill be putting up a fight.

but i think my point about e4 being dead has been made.

whats this about e1? i understand from of squerlly boy that there some fun going on over there?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next